Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:15 PM

993 posts, read 1,553,065 times

Advertisements

I'd be miserable. I love my men! Plenty of them wouldn't be missed, but the good ones are amazing enough that it's worth having to wade through the a**holes of their gender to find them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 06:23 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,760,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I am thinking of that right now. What would it be like if there were no men? Okay, well, maybe not no men, but what if I was immersed in an environment that was made up solely of women. Like a women's prison for life or a Convent or something... A place where you have to totally give up on the idea of being with the opposite gender and there's no use even thinking about it. I wonder what that would be like.

What do you think it would be like if there was no opposite gender for you?

(PS- Just a heads up, I don't really mean for this thread to turn into one where people lament about their lack of options or prospects. I mean it as something else)
Honestly, I would feel pretty atrocious, especially if many of the males near me are aggressive ones.

If I was surrounded by only gay and bisexual males (who were not aggressive at all), then things might be a bit easier for me, especially if some of these males would be willing to cross-dress during intercourse.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,013,365 times
I would hate it. I both like men and like being my true gender.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:36 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,489,095 times
No Men: Who'd hold the doors, take out the trash, change a tire, open a jar lid, shovel the walkway, plow the roads, climb up ladders to rescue us in a fire, carry heavy packages, drive transports?

No women: Who'd cook meals, wash floors, wash toilets (a proper job by hand) , set out a beautiful Christmas dinner, keep the house clean, be secretaries, clean up vomit, change light bulbs, change the toilet paper rolls, mend clothes?

No, in all seriousness, we could possibly live without each other, but what a boring life and a lot of life skills, trades and jobs that are gender oriented could definitely be done by the opposite sex, but many would be lost forever to the history books.

I once read a joke about a world with no men: There'd be a lot of fat, happy women. lol

Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 AM

9,744 posts, read 20,672,375 times
Both sound terrible (all men or all women) tbh. I'm glad we have both, it balances things out.

I guess prisons are the closest thing to how life would be like.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,407,440 times
Futurama did a funny episode about this ("Neutopia"), where everyone suddenly switched genders, and then even became "genderless". Needless to say they all eventually got bored and begged to be returned to their original gender!

Futurama: Neutopia

Old 02-08-2014, 10:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,788,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
It'd be quite boring. But look on the bright side: In a woman-only world we wouldn't have to deal with wars/conflicts/genocide/etc.
Oh, I don't believe this AT ALL. Women have always chosen to fight (with each other primarily), only more passive-aggressively and strategically. Female wars, typically, are cold wars, but they are vicious.

If there were no longer men around to wage active war, however, then women would take up where the men left off and engage in more male-oriented demonstrations of their competitiveness and aggression.

Heck, yeah, there would be conflicts and wars. Tragically...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology