U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,847,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Nope I'm an Aries born in the Year of the Pig.
I'm a Pisces born in the year of the pig.

I don't get angry all that often but this time of year stresses me out with family so I take my African drums and play rhythms. It helps get rid of the tension. I also take a brisk walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM

2,005 posts, read 5,122,446 times
funny, I just talked to my ... ahem... therapist about this yesterday. He recommended a book called The Dance of Anger. So I picked it up today and thought I'd read it this week. I have anger issues, I'll admit. I used to practice yoga regularly, but haven't been able to squeeze it in these days. Yoga helps for sure

Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,847,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
funny, I just talked to my ... ahem... therapist about this yesterday. He recommended a book called The Dance of Anger. So I picked it up today and thought I'd read it this week. I have anger issues, I'll admit. I used to practice yoga regularly, but haven't been able to squeeze it in these days. Yoga helps for sure
Let us know please if this works for you.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,516,394 times
I'll only dance with anger if she'll let me lead.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,450,212 times
I take a walk in a secluded place where no one can hear me. Then I curse up a mean streak and grossly exaggerate my anger while tapping the EFT karate chop point. Pretty soon I can't even remember what I was angry about. EFT works like a charm for me.

blessings....Franco

Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM

783 posts, read 2,317,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I am really angry today. I'm not angry at one particular thing, but I'm angry at lots of different small things. I feel like I'm pissed off at about five different people right now for things they did in the past or have just done now. I'm imagining scenarios where I call them up on the phone and give them a piece of my mind. In general, I am just really pissed off.

However, we all know that anger can beget more anger. And telling people off doesn't necessarily help. It can make things worse. It can make those angry feelings inside grow.

Life is unfair. People do really stupid idiotic things. I know this. But how to I calm myself down? I am screaming mad right now. I just looked in the bathroom mirror and saw fire and smoke shooting out of my nostrils. Not a good sign.

Greenie
You're are not alone

Old 12-03-2007, 09:56 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,895,074 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

I do believe this poster said it is what he/she does. It is obviously what helps that person. If it works for them that is what matters. There is no reason for an explaination! Just my personal opinion!!

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 12-04-2007 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,450,212 times
cynwldkat wrote:
I do believe this poster said it is what he/she does. It is obviously what helps that person. If it works for them that is what matters. There is no reason for an explaination! Just my personal opinion!!
Yeah, that's the key. Whatever works...works! No explanation necessary, no research needed, no validation required. Different strokes for different folks. I curse up a storm and rage at God while I Love North Carolina prays and reads the bible. How cool is it that both methods work, even though they are so radically different from each other.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 12-03-2007 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: whoops...spelling again!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:19 AM

20,799 posts, read 8,531,328 times
Default We don't all have to agree..............

Moderator cut: orphaned

I believe the question was How do YOU deal with anger?
As you can see, everyone has their own ways.
Please respect that.
Thank You!!!

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 12-04-2007 at 04:40 AM..

Old 12-03-2007, 11:43 AM

783 posts, read 2,317,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Opinion noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I believe the question was How do YOU deal with anger?
As you can see, everyone has their own ways.
Please respect that.
Thank You!!!
Respect given, my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology