Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 PM

255 posts, read 407,258 times

Advertisements

I did originally have an Iphone but I was playing with someones old Samsung Galaxy one day and I decided I liked it better, so I went and got a Samsung Galaxy 3 and I sold my Iphone. The Samsung description doesn't describe me at all.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
Ever wonder WHY you picked out your phone? I'm gonna tell you why.

iPhone- You tend to view yourself as the more modern/cultural type. You like to follow trends and show of your trendiness with your phone. While you try not to look pretentious, your phone shows it off. Chances are you are not very good with technology and are a more of the go with the flow type person. You probably call yourself "modern" in your head a lot.

If you're a techy and you own one of these, 90% of the time you're an Apple fan.

Nexus- You wanted to be apart of the smartphone club, but you couldn't admit it so you bought the cheapest phone they had at the T-Mobile store so you could say, "hey, I have a phone, I guess...". You're kind of a techy person and you do not want your phone to define who you are. But, you are a bit vain because you wanted a phone to look trendy in the first place.

HTC - You wanted to follow the crowd, but, you wanted something different, so you went with this phone. Truth is you really wanted an iPhone, but instead you went for this for the sake of trying not to look trendy and more techy.

Droid- You're compatible with the Nexus person. You're trying to look modern and trendy, but subtly do so. You honestly could careless if you dropped your phone in hot water. All you do is play Temple Run on it and bring it to business meetings so you'll look more trendy.

Blackberry - You like getting straight down to business, although you are vain because you wanted this phone for the sake of looking more "business" like and classic. You strive for the more classic business look, and you wanted this phone just for the sake of looking like it in front of your coworkers and bosses. You wanted a phone for the sake of saying "I have a phone".

Samsung - You wanted to look trendy, so you got a trendy phone. Although you did not want to follow on the iPhone bandwagon like most people do. You're kind of a techy person and you try to be more down to earth, although your vainness blocks the way sometimes.
Oh rubbish.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:31 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Oh rubbish.
It was rubbish at the title.

"What you're smartphone says about you."

Wtf is wrong with the OP? Calling people smartphones?

Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM

65 posts, read 121,497 times
I have an iPhone because my mother gave it to me for free.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:36 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,047 times
So what does it say that I've owned a Blackberry, an HTC, a Droid, and I have a Samsung tablet? All of the above? Actually, what it says is that I like my Androids because I like having control of my phone and what it does. It also says I'm a follower of Google and I absolutely hate iPhone's and think less of smart people with them. LOL. Yes, just a little. Then I forgive them.

And what does it mean if you have a crappy Android phone? Or if you stand in line for the newest iPhone everytime one gets released?

These things crack me up....because unless you're really into trends or technology, a phone is a phone.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Grammar lesson off. We return now to the original intent of this lighthearted thread...

What does it means if you have a Samsung AND an older flip-phone?

Old 03-01-2014, 04:47 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
What does it say about me, that I still use a landline? I have never held a smartphone in my hand, and I don't even own a cell phone.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
I am on my second flip phone. It says that I am thrifty and have a life that isn't mostly dependent on electronic stimulation.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
I have no phone. Means I am married, work close to home, do not stray from my daily routine, spend much time with my stay at home wife, have all of my necessities nearby and plan my day so I do not need to telephone anyone to advise this or that or recall something. All true.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:51 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Nope - iphone - it was the free one with my plan and I had no choice but to get the data plan because I have these things called teenagers who seem to have invaded my house, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology