Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 PM

265 posts, read 409,475 times

Advertisements

first step to it in a 1st world country in 99% of the cases is having enough money you don't need to work, or worry about any of your basic needs. once you have shelter and everything it entails as well as food taken care off, human contact and life purpose/ entertainment follow. Once you have both of those taken care off you can wrestle the more complex stuff that philosophers moan about. the average person barely has the first 2 down, and therefore won't be as happy as they could be...

total happiness is being able to go through your own personal checklist, having done them all, but still continually adding new stuff. not boring stuff or even exciting stuff, but stuff you care about personally.

the thing that makes me happiest beside my own success in 'insert venture or personal stuff' is Schadenfreude... That wouldn't be the case if the work was perfect and everyone could be rich/ not starve/ etc, but it isn't. Don't hate the player, hate the game...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:34 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Natural happiness occurs in people with the right balance of chemicals.

To create happiness you have to either figure out which foods to eat to create the right balance of chemicals or do things that bring you happiness, including finding someone who you love and who loves you. (which is not always possible, so it's not always possible to make sad people happy).

From what I know, people could be happy when they feel loved. Other things are like bonuses: good house, good car, good job... So when you feel loved, that's 1. Then when you have a car, add 0 to 1. So it will be 10 of happiness. Add 0 for the house. So it's 100 of happiness. Add 0 for the job. So now it's 1000 of happiness. So all those things are zeroes all by themselves without the love. But with love, they just increase your happiness.

Love would make me happy. Love plus things would make me really happy.
"From what I know, people could be happy when they feel loved"
Does that mean to more people that love you the better you feel? And the fewer people that love you the worse you feel?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:45 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1080 View Post
Some curious questions about happiness........Would you consider yourself a happy person? Have you always been a happy person or have you learned to be happy(It seems to me that some people are just naturally happy while others have to work at it)? If you aren't a naturally happy person what do you do to be happy? What brings you happiness?
I'm happy, why not? It is free, and I make more money and am healthier when I am happier, plus I have a better time. Been that way as far back as I can remember.

Personal connections, and making a positive difference, make me happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology