Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:38 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,156,724 times

Advertisements

WHY are so many young women so concerned with what "guys" think about their body? It saddens me to see so many young women fret over the way they look. You don't need strange men on the internet looking at pictures of you or reading your measurements and judging you. All you need is one great man who loves your the way you are in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 10:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,711,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious girl View Post
no i never tried any kind of sports + im afraid to lose weight bcz as a banana shaped its hard to gain weight
what kind of sports r u advising me ? especially for my waist and hips
thanks

5'3" and 130 Lbs with a 35-28-38 is not banana shaped.

I think what you need to do if you want a defined waist is to do sit-ups and side/back bends. You should probably lose a bit of weight --- maybe 15 pounds and get your waist down to 25 or 26.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,826,709 times
And I may just be that one man. Send me those naked pics and we can take it from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
WHY are so many young women so concerned with what "guys" think about their body? It saddens me to see so many young women fret over the way they look. You don't need strange men on the internet looking at pictures of you or reading your measurements and judging you. All you need is one great man who loves your the way you are in person.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 AM

645 posts, read 1,962,340 times
I'd hit

Old 04-27-2014, 05:50 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I am not strange and creepy by any means, and she just wants to know if her body looks fit. I am nobody to judge how she looks. That is up to her discretion. My job here is to answer the question by giving advice.

Why do some perceive men offering women good body shaping advice as bad, especially when she asks for it.

Same attitude is followed when men ask questions based on their looks. I am flooded with insecurity crap, which makes Absolutely no Sense to me. I am perfectly secure with myself, but just for thrill want to look more handsome at times . Good advice never hurts.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 04-27-2014 at 05:59 AM..

Old 04-27-2014, 08:23 AM

13 posts, read 19,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am not strange and creepy by any means, and she just wants to know if her body looks fit. I am nobody to judge how she looks. That is up to her discretion. My job here is to answer the question by giving advice.

Why do some perceive men offering women good body shaping advice as bad, especially when she asks for it.

Same attitude is followed when men ask questions based on their looks. I am flooded with insecurity crap, which makes Absolutely no Sense to me. I am perfectly secure with myself, but just for thrill want to look more handsome at times . Good advice never hurts.
i loved what u say plus i have someone in my life, soon i will be engaged and he likes me but im just wondering about others opinion ( i can't ask this question except on the net) and bcz i dont feel satisfied and confidence
thanks for what u said

Old 04-27-2014, 09:07 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,599,165 times
Smokin'

Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 AM

83 posts, read 135,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
when it comes to men and the women body, you can be the ugliest thing out there and some guy will be trying to remove you from your panties
I agree. From everything I've seen, men are not as picky as women think on this matter.

However, exercise is always good for your health, of course.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,399,918 times
just never go for this look and you'll be ok..

as disgusting and unhealthy as this looks there are some men that would hit

Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,959,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious girl View Post
hi,im considered as a banana shaped'' 35-28-38'' ,i have boobs and butt but i dont have hips or well definded waist,i dont feel satisfied of my self and i dont know if im attractive or not? most of the times i feel im not.
by the way my height is 163 cm, 59 kg.

(sorry for my english)
thanks
Ok I'm going to give you the most scientific answer possible. This in no way reflects my opinion. Its purely for information purposes. Check out this link:

Ideal Weight Calculator

You are exactly 5'4.17" and 130LB. So by most definitions of completely IDEAL weight, you are slightly overweight. However, by most standards of normal healthy weight, I think you are fine.

Now onto the opinion part. I think to most men your weight wouldn't even be noticeable and most would see you as normal weight. But if your feeling insecure about your weight, you can easily lose a couple of pounds with moderate changes in your diet and working out a few times a week. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology