Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguy148 View Post
Perhaps, there are probably many people like this, it is encouraged indirectly in this current culture, it is an advantage in the current culture economically. I think it is a spectrum as the OP posted and we all fall somewhere on it.

These traits must have been very advantageous up until a few hundred years ago so the genes/traits must be there in most of us as someone like the OP would probably gave been a good mate. Empathic would have put you at a dis advantage as a male for most of human history, in fact it still does but the consequences are not as dire.

I would agree that some of the responding posters are not very empathic themselves because of the seeming inability to put in themselves in this guys shoes. This culture rewards and holds up cold rational behavior while staying within the law, it even celebrates it directly at times.

A lot of cognitive dissonance and intellectual dishonesty going on in this thread.
No current culture does not encourage this kind of sick thinking, indirectly or otherwise. Most people are still good caring people. This does not equate to naïve, or being a doormat or martyr. I prefer to choose who I sympathize with, and it isn't anyone who would fantasize about kidnapping, raping, and torturing a teenager or who has no feelings about having killed baby animals for no reason. I don't care how you are wired, or raised, these things are unacceptable.

Someone like the OP would not have survived in ancient times, you needed to be strong and know your place in a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 12:11 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,829 times
I find much of what the OP has posted as complete BS! Hope you are enjoying the attention you are seeking, which is NOT at all what a sociopath would be interested in.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:39 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I find much of what the OP has posted as complete BS! Hope you are enjoying the attention you are seeking, which is NOT at all what a sociopath would be interested in.
Exactly my point. "Diagnosed" LOL. Yeah right. People here are actually falling for it. He or she is unastoundingly normal, pre-occupied with his own self-importance. Self-absorbed. If you want to assign some sort of talking head diagnosis to it - you can call it "Narcissistic personality disorder". It has nothing to do with Sociopathic, unless you want to call 90% of the teenage population sociopaths. But I wouldn't even go that far. Most of them grow out of it, but the internet and facebook has brought them all out of the woodwork.

My professional diagnoses? - A grown man acting like a whinny little girl.

Last edited by Dd714; 05-07-2014 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
How many of us here have intentionally killed baby ducks for no reason (bona fide hunters, fishermen need not apply)?

The issue is we're supposed to believe him...someone who claims to be 'off' cannot just say "well, i'm making a rational decision to not do these bad things." Because someone who's off will eventually go back on everything they say.
Plenty of empathic people did bad things as kids too. When I was twelve I was under a lot of stress and I guess that drove me to hurt things and people. Now that I'm an adult I have the power to stand up to people, where as when I was little I couldn't stand up to the adults in my family who were awful to me so I was projecting my anger on another target.

Seriously, observe kids sometime. Even the empathic ones do awful things to one another and animals on occasion.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No current culture does not encourage this kind of sick thinking, indirectly or otherwise. Most people are still good caring people. This does not equate to naïve, or being a doormat or martyr. I prefer to choose who I sympathize with, and it isn't anyone who would fantasize about kidnapping, raping, and torturing a teenager or who has no feelings about having killed baby animals for no reason. I don't care how you are wired, or raised, these things are unacceptable.
I never kidnapped or tortured a teenager. I said I've wanked off thinking about it, but that's not that unusual: Rape fantasy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the ducks, again, I was twelve.

Quote:
Someone like the OP would not have survived in ancient times, you needed to be strong and know your place in a group.
Attila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Genghis Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ivan the Terrible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vlad the Impaler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could go on. People like me are kind of "alpha wolves". If it wasn't for us, who would kill Neanderthal's in their sleep, beat wolves until they became domesticated and scared the other cave-folks into shutting up and doing what was necessary to survive, we wouldn't be here today.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
I too am wondering the same thing!

Usually in the psychology forum, people are helpful and positive to those posting about their personal issues.

I'm thinking this hit a nerve - that a lot of people are like this now - the truth hurts - perhaps people don't like looking in a mirror, etc.????

I don't know?

EXACTLY!

I think I struck a nerve as I always do when I point that that most people help others not because they care, but for an ego boost. The difference is I'm willing to admit what others deny and hide.

What Ted Bundy did was out of narcissism...and this is another display of absolute narcissism by someone who shows definite sociopathic tendencies: Gates donates $750 million to fight AIDS, TB and malaria - CNN.com

And while she may not be a sociopath, this is a monument to the narcissism of someone who is one of the Earth's biggest narcissists and who attaches her name to everything and even encourages people to prefer her favorite things. Jeffrey Dahmer wanted to build an altar from the bones of his victims as a monument to his ego...Oprah built this monument to her own ego:

Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No one is more homophobic than the man with gay tendencies himself. And I think no one hates narcissists or sociopaths more than someone who has are own tendencies within themselves. Being to weak to confront their own demons they lash out at the demons within others. As Jesus once said:

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."-Matthew, 7:3-5

Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I never kidnapped or tortured a teenager. I said I've wanked off thinking about it, but that's not that unusual: Rape fantasy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the ducks, again, I was twelve.

Attila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Genghis Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ivan the Terrible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vlad the Impaler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could go on. People like me are kind of "alpha wolves". If it wasn't for us, who would kill Neanderthal's in their sleep, beat wolves until they became domesticated and scared the other cave-folks into shutting up and doing what was necessary to survive, we wouldn't be here today.
I don't think you would be very scary, all things being equal. You are not an alpha. You are not a leader. You couldn't even handle Jersey. Now you're just being silly.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM

854 posts, read 1,481,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, you were born that way]

Signed,

Someone who married one and knows dozens of women and families who suffered the same

There are female anti-social people too, you know.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

I agree with the first paragraph, but disagree strongly with the second one. I think there are and have been lots of people in power who think like the OP. I don't know if you follow the Mexican drug wars at all, but there have been more than 40,000 murders in the last 10 years and many, many of them have been horribly brutal--torture, burning people alive, beheadings. The people calling the shots as well as the people doing the actual killing appear to be psychopaths. And, interestingly, the cartel leaders are often beloved (and feared) in communities because they donate huge amounts of money and supply things the government won't or can't.

I think there is a long history of psychopaths not only surviving, but obtaining positions of power.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Let this thread die; stop feeding his ego.

I'm inclined to agree. I am certain that the OP is enjoying this.

The fact that he self reports having "fun" killing baby duckings in with rocks, as a child leads me to believe that he is a sociopath along the lines of Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer.

They both tortured and killed animals as children. As we know, they both went on to "harder drugs", as it were. And, anyone who thinks that "wanking off" while thinking of kidnapping a teenager is normal, is NOT.

The possibility of evil, also rears it's ugly head. Is the OP only a sociopath? Or is he also evil?

For those who are interested, read "People of the Lie", by M.Scott Peck, MD. One of the best, and most readable contemporary books on the subject of evil.

As for myself, I'm not commenting any more on this particular post.

He needs no more attention than he has already garnered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology