U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 AM

1,024 posts, read 733,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
What's the reason you believe you can't get a date again? I forgot.
And then the shaming language. It's like clockwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 AM

3,608 posts, read 4,528,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
And then the shaming language. It's like clockwork.
Why not answer my question?

Why can't YOU get a date?

Old 05-29-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Why not answer my question?

Why can't YOU get a date?
Why would I? It's a stupid question.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Why would I? It's a stupid question.
Then why do you care who women date?

And what's this "betas are given the bill" that you speak of?

Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 AM

6,106 posts, read 14,288,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Now, the tricky part is that if you have that gene and don't develop Schizophrenia there is a high likely hood you will unknowingly pass it on to your children and they will develop the condition. However, it is all genetic and neurological.
The genetic link is certainly there, but I and my children are living proof that genetics aren't everything. My mother was schizophrenic; she started showing signs of it when she was 28. I'm now 50 years old, and I'm fine. My children are also fine; my daughter is 29 and my son is 26.

I don't think Elliot was schizophrenic. My mother had such disorganized thinking that she couldn't even string a coherent sentence together when she was off her medication. Elliot's writing was nothing like that; it was well organized (if a little repetitive, especially as he wrote about the last few years of his life). He certainly was narcissistic; his perception of himself defnitely didn't match up with reality, and that enraged him. Whether he could have even sustained a relationship with a woman will never be known, of course. I have a sneaking suspicion that he would have attached too intensely and too quickly, scaring away any potential girlfriends. Then the outcome would have been the same, but he would have had at least one very specific target for all of his anger and bitterness.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Then why do you care who women date?

And what's this "betas are given the bill" that you speak of?
Because it affects me, directly or indirectly. Not to mention their choices are just revolting. The long term effects on the genetic make up of the human species are enough to make the skin crawl when contemplated. Besides, would you want a dead skunk in your front yard? Because that's what watching women go home with a litany of useless louts and sociopaths is like. If nothing else, it's morally turpentine. But that's unimportant.

Betas are given the bill in a great many ways too numerous to list. It's everything from the direct, like paying for their washed up near menopausal 'done-having-fun' wife's offspring from another man, or Sandra Flukes birth control, or welfare queens' broods and future criminal thugs. Or more indirect, such as the fact that women (and "alpha" business major types, even more so) are far more represented in make work jobs that essentially parasite off of the vein of value creation represented by cognitively intense information work done by much despised "nerds" and other unworthies.

More abstractly still, is the fact that marriage is essentially a front loaded investment for a man. He gets his wife's youthful years up front, and agrees to support her long after they're over. When they marry late and used up, he is deprived of much of that benefit will still paying more than ever. Because needless to say, she was giving it out when she was young, but not to him or anyone like him. It is a intolerable situation and one that is bound to lead to profound social consequences. Which affect me, of course, especially because I care more about the uplift of civilization than the feelings and so-called "rights" of its favored members.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Because it affects me, directly or indirectly. Not to mention their choices are just revolting. Would you want a dead skunk in your front yard? Because that's what watching women go home with a litany of useless louts and sociopaths is like.

Betas are given the bill in a great many ways too numerous to list. It's everything from paying for their washed up near menopausal 'done-having-fun' wife's offspring from another man or Sandra Flukes birth control/welfare queens' broods, to the fact that women (and "alpha" business major types, even more so) are far more represented in make work jobs that essentially parasite off of the vein of value creation represented by cognitively intense information work.

More abstractly still, is the fact that marriage is essentially a front loaded investment for a man. He gets his wife's youthful years up front, and agrees to support her long after they're over. When they marry late and used up, he is deprived of much of that benefit will still paying more than ever. It is a intolerable situation and one that is bound to lead to profound social consequences. Which affect me, of course, especially because I care more about the uplift of civilization than the feelings and so-called "rights" of its favored members.
Have you ever considered seeing a therapist?

The above contains numerous myths and falsehoods that are keeping you unhappy.

And the first paragraph sound eerily like Elliot Rodger. You realize that, don't you?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 AM

95 posts, read 72,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree...men aren't the only ones condemned for being an older virgin.

I never really understood why people put so much emphasis on having sex by certain age. It's not right. No one should ever have to live their life according to someone else's. That is completely selfish and wrong. This society and it's media preys on the insecure. It's sad.
I remember waiting, for many reasons..I didnt want to get pregnant or an STD..I didn't want to lose my virginity to a teenager..I thought it was creepy to lose my virginity to an adult when I was not one..I wanted it to be a satisfying, positive experience..I wasnt waiting for marriage but good lord a lot of friends lost their virginity in unsatisfying manner to some males who were less than respectful or considerate..

Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Have you ever considered seeing a therapist?

The above contains numerous myths and falsehoods that are keeping you unhappy.

And the first paragraph sound eerily like Elliot Rodger. You realize that, don't you?
A lot of crazy people are right about a lot of things. That's probably part of why they're so crazy. The unibomber was an unhinged genius and had some poignant points, as another example. So what?

I know why you persist in believing they're falsehoods. That's easy. It keeps you happy. But I was never one to have that wall between my perception and reality. I've suffered for it, as others have. Oh well.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:

More abstractly still, is the fact that marriage is essentially a front loaded investment for a man. He gets his wife's youthful years up front, and agrees to support her long after they're over. When they marry late and used up, he is deprived of much of that benefit will still paying more than ever.
This in particular is completely false. You realize that she gets his youthful years upfront and she cares for him when they're aged too, right? Many women are caregivers for their terminally ill husbands, because women live longer on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology