Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 03:33 PM

600 posts, read 821,902 times

Advertisements

It does, and I knew exactly what she was referring to, but I was seeing if she understood it herself and could verbally communicate it to me. It was her experience after all, not mine. She was just telling it to me.

Men who are usually "too nice" or "nice guys" are basically doormats which you seem to allude to. What these guys do is they are in 100% agreement with the woman with no pushback. They in effective become submissive to the woman and adopt a beta male stance in which they place the woman on a pedestal. These guys think "I'm nice, because I am OVERLY accomodating to women." Then later on the whole issue of "nice guys finish last" or "Girls don't like nice guys" gets throw around.

That's not true though. Girls don't like doormats which these guys don't understand.

They think that by agreeing 100% with the woman that she will find him attractive, when in reality, they non-verbally communicate that they are effectively idolizing the woman and placing her on the pedestal which of course sets off 'weirdo' alarms in their head. LOL.

I just wanted to see if she could tell me what she really meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,715,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
It does, and I knew exactly what she was referring to, but I was seeing if she understood it herself and could verbally communicate it to me. It was her experience after all, not mine. She was just telling it to me.

Men who are usually "too nice" or "nice guys" are basically doormats which you seem to allude to. What these guys do is they are in 100% agreement with the woman with no pushback. They in effective become submissive to the woman and adopt a beta male stance in which they place the woman on a pedestal. These guys think "I'm nice, because I am OVERLY accomodating to women." Then later on the whole issue of "nice guys finish last" or "Girls don't like nice guys" gets throw around.

That's not true though. Girls don't like doormats which these guys don't understand.

They think that by agreeing 100% with the woman that she will find him attractive, when in reality, they non-verbally communicate that they are effectively idolizing the woman and placing her on the pedestal which of course sets off 'weirdo' alarms in their head. LOL.

I just wanted to see if she could tell me what she really meant.
Here's the problem. PUA men see things only in black and white, and never in "NORMAL."

For them, if being "too nice" is weird, then they think the logical thing is to be a total, rude, unsmiling, unfriendly, cruel user and all-around a-h.

They need to repeat to themselves: BE NORMAL, BE NORMAL, BE NORMAL, and stop with the extremes.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:56 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,149,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
Those are, in fact, exactly the type of things the man sites reccomend, despite all the focus on the more "out there" elements.

You sound angry. You should have that checked out.

6000 posts to a stupid discussion forum, there is a world outside of getting uppity with people on the internet, you know? Maybe you could take a page from your former gamer friend.
I never understand these charges either. She has 6000 posts from 2008. That is roughly 1000 posts per year, ~ 83 posts per month, ~ 20 posts per week, ~ 2-3 posts per day. You, OTOH, have 24 posts in one day. New handles are quite common, so we can use your daily post rate to give us an idea of how frequently you post on forums. At 24 posts per day your rate is almost 9000 posts per year, which would bring you to 52000+ posts in the same 6 years. Your post rate is ~83% higher than hers.

Just saying.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:35 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,265,922 times
For me I'm very jealous of people that got to experience their first relationship with the opposite sex when they were in their late teens and early 20's, lost their virginity too

Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM

11,769 posts, read 11,983,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
For me I'm very jealous of people that got to experience their first relationship with the opposite sex when they were in their late teens and early 20's, lost their virginity too
How does being jealous of other people's experiences help you in any way?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:19 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,715,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
If it's any comfort, don't be jealous or envious of it. Having sex early is NOT AT ALL what you imagine. It's often horrible and disappointing, and adds nothing whatsoever to the person's life.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:48 AM

43 posts, read 39,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Why would you think I'm angry when I correct your misinterpretation of what I typed out? Perhaps the main problem is (as someone already said) that the PUA and men's rights groups folks are excessively sensitive to absolutely everything, and need to be away from regular society, where they might feel themselves insulted by normal life.

And no, the PUA sites are not recommending getting healthy. Perhaps once in a blue moon they do, who knows. They're generally recommending ways to "trick" or "outwit" women, which is a bizarre way to look at the whole friendship, dating, love thing.

What I would recommend would be 1) getting healthy physically, 2) getting a hobby or activity and throwing themselves into that hobby or activity, and 3) being nice, and, 4) ceasing with the obsession to get a date, get sex, etc. Friendships, dates and love will come of their own accord. Unless the person is a complete weirdo, of course, and unwilling or unable to change.
Ummmm...it's very clear to me that you haven't spent much time on any of these sites and are operating under what other people have told you.

Most of the "man" sites are primarily focused around self improvement: getting in shape, eating healthy, dressing better, making your career better, improving social skills....etc. etc. etc.

As to the bolded, why is it that women are NEVER EVER EVER responsible for any of their choices? Especially their sexual choices.

How does one "trick" a woman into having sex with him? How does he outwit her?

The only way to interpret that, since women aren't responsible for their sexual choices and they can be "tricked" into sex is that women are stupid, without agency and have the decision-making abilities of toddlers. Is that what you think?

I believe it is what you think. It's how feminism works, in fact. That's the only way that women can operate with victim status in all situations. Namely, that they are stupid, gullible and bear no responsibility for their choices, like children.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 AM

Furthermore, by wearing makeup to accentuate her better qualities and hiding her flaws, hair coloring, hair removal, shape-enhancing clothing....aren't women then manipulating or tricking men into having sex with them?

How is men being "deceptive" (lol) the worst thing in the world, while women being deceptive is just as fine as can be?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I never understand these charges either. She has 6000 posts from 2008. That is roughly 1000 posts per year, ~ 83 posts per month, ~ 20 posts per week, ~ 2-3 posts per day. You, OTOH, have 24 posts in one day. New handles are quite common, so we can use your daily post rate to give us an idea of how frequently you post on forums. At 24 posts per day your rate is almost 9000 posts per year, which would bring you to 52000+ posts in the same 6 years. Your post rate is ~83% higher than hers.

Just saying.
Lemme guess, stay at home mom?

Toughest job in the world...lol.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:56 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,149,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
Lemme guess, stay at home mom?

Toughest job in the world...lol.
Mom, Pharma scientist, wife, dog walker. Let me guess...office jockey?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology