Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:36 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,165,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They still have all boys schools?

I've never heard of HS as "the best years of your life". I've only heard of college referred to that way. IMO it's wrong to set kids up to think that their best years will be over by 22, and it's downhill from there. That's ridiculous. Every era in your life is potentially the best, or one of the best. It all depends on what you make o it.
I guess. But seeing as how "the high-school dynamic" continues, as others have said here, I question how much I have to look forward to. I've already failed the high school dynamic, obviously, so I really don't want 50 more years of this in the workplace too, plus however many years it continues beyond that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
I guess. But seeing as how "the high-school dynamic" continues, as others have said here, I question how much I have to look forward to. I've already failed the high school dynamic, obviously, so I really don't want 50 more years of this in the workplace too, plus however many years it continues beyond that.
But the good part is that you aren't doomed to remain in the role you were assigned in high school. The same people exist out there, but you get to choose how you will react to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology