Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 05:03 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times

Advertisements

That is because boys take chances with their money. While girls buys things like shoes, and clothing 24/7. A dude will take himself to that level, with his life, while a girl will fall in line with the other women. Women are program to manage homes better then women. The man is suppose to be the bread winner and give the paycheck to the wife, and get back money for himself. Then when the man has an idea, he is suppose to talk with the wife ( because now she is holding all the marbles ), and if it sounds fair enough, she allows him to gamble their savings into that investment. A simple idea like that basically, but what happen is that women works, and men do not share the money, because both people work. So basically both people are ignorant or have their separate things going on. In the end it is about love. So what, look at this generation, we had a war, and what do you expect from men?

Most men are still shocked from the last ten years and even before that. As a man I feel truly extinct in holding the values of my nation. If it is about money, the girls could go and pound themselves for all I care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,905,232 times
Our personal experience with the ratio of male to female moochers is normally too small a sample to mean anything. Maybe there are more male moochers, I don't know. Among the 18 first cousins on my mother's side of the family (11 males and 7 females) there are four male moochers and one female moocher.

I had never sat down and thought about it until now, but it is rather staggering that the percentage of moochers among that group of 18 people is 27%. I believe the gene pool in my extended family can use a little chlorine, although neither my sister nor I is a moocher.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 PM

513 posts, read 799,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
My father is still a moocher at 67 years old!!!!!

In your case he needs a wake up call in the worst way or he will be that 67 year old still with a permit and waking your grand kids to go pick up the newest game that you will have to buy.

Give him a deadline and make him have a plan to reach a goal. He cannot go on like this. As much for you as for him.
That's funny you should say that. The place he constantly wants me to take him is GameStop. Then he wants me to buy a game so he can play it for a week then he returns it. Or I get my bags from WalMart after shopping and see on the receipt $50 for Xbox game card. He buys those cards that look like phone cards for money on his account but I don't usually see it because its on the belt with a million other things. Not to mention he keeps bugging me to go online and buy a "guitar hero guitar". I said "why, you don't have the game guitar hero do you?" . No, he doesn't, *yet*. so I said, "oh, buy the guitar so then when it comes I can take you out to buy the game?". He said "I have some money". Which always means the same thing. He says "I forgot my money, can you get this for me and I'll get you back?". Then I ask for the money numerous times and he keeps "forgetting" then eventually hands me like $20 for something that was a lot more. ::sigh::

Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
All my male cousins and brother are moochers.
Most of the women are strong characters.
My mother has 7 brothers 3 sisters.
The male children of the 7 brothers mooched until they were in their early 30's.
The male children of the 3 sisters....all moochers. To this day!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 AM

398 posts, read 471,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcs15 View Post
That's funny you should say that. The place he constantly wants me to take him is GameStop. Then he wants me to buy a game so he can play it for a week then he returns it. Or I get my bags from WalMart after shopping and see on the receipt $50 for Xbox game card. He buys those cards that look like phone cards for money on his account but I don't usually see it because its on the belt with a million other things. Not to mention he keeps bugging me to go online and buy a "guitar hero guitar". I said "why, you don't have the game guitar hero do you?" . No, he doesn't, *yet*. so I said, "oh, buy the guitar so then when it comes I can take you out to buy the game?". He said "I have some money". Which always means the same thing. He says "I forgot my money, can you get this for me and I'll get you back?". Then I ask for the money numerous times and he keeps "forgetting" then eventually hands me like $20 for something that was a lot more. ::sigh::
My friend's friend is like that. She was telling me that he bought a game system instead of paying rent, and then was kicked out of his apartment, had his car impounded, and then tried to kill himself.

This guy is in his mid 30's. Old enough to know better, I think.

While I am flat broke, if I had money I would be throwing it at things that need to be paid rather than a game. Plenty of time to buy game systems, and knowing the ones I have (the last one I actually bought, was the Game Cube), in 5-6 years there will be a new one, and you will have to upgrade. Kind of pointless, especially when you work a job to earn that money.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I only have anecdotal evidence but this is true in my family. My brother would have been happy to bleed my widowed mother dry but she finally got wise while I never even made a collect phone call home. And my son was not too embarrassed to get free rent while in graduate school while my daughter won't even let me help her with some unexpected serious medical expenses.

Are boys bigger moochers than girls? - CBS News
I think as a whole we have a lot more moochers than in the past. I know the economy is bad blah, blah, but there are lots of people who move home a little too eagerly and even if they are home for genuine financial reasons so many overstay their welcome. For example, I have a cousin who lived at home for two years while making over $40k in an area that was not that expensive. The reason was so he could save for a house. That to me is mooching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology