Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 04:32 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since I participated, but as I recall, serious nudists didn't exclude their senior members. Why should the "textile world" be so youth-obsessed?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I've also heard that the "trend" started in the prison system, but according to my sources, whom I believe to be sufficiently "close to the street". the trousers started sagging when the prisoners had to hand over their belts, supposedly as a precaution against suicide. That left a certain portion of the posterior anatomy more visible, and since the wearers didn't have too much respect for "society" to begin with, the rest of the world could now kiss the parts in question.
Another thing people forget is that prisons, especially back in the day, didn't have a wide variety of sizes to choose from. Many 18 and 19 year old inmates are still growing and have slender builds. A little guy with a 27 or 28 inch waist may struggle finding "adult" sized pants. Naturally his pants may sag a bit and then he grows accustomed to the fit.

I never understood the logic of a kid on the streets sagging. If you are a thug and have routine contact with local law enforcement, it would make more sense to wear pants that fit. If the cops start chasing you, it's much easier to get caught when you have to slow down to hold up your pants.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:34 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,311 times
Grow up, and just do not look at the other men gentiles. Just grow up, I see people naked at the gym all day long in the showers, and locker rooms, I don't care about them, just grow up.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
I attended HS 45 years ago. We all took showers after PhysEd. Required!! It was a gang shower. No doors, no curtains, just shower heads on the wall. Take your shower and get done and get ready for your next class. No big deal. We also got to go skinny dipping after football practice in the HS pool. Nobody thought it was anything unusual. It was the same in the college dorm. No curtains, no stalls, just shower heads. I don't understand the younger generation. What is the big deal about being naked in a MEN's locker room??? My guess is that a lot of men in a locker room don't want to put their clothes on till they're ready to leave. All those showers usually mean a locker room is hot and humid. That usually means you start to sweat. So, those guys were probably waiting to put on their clothes last, just before they leave.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickawd View Post
Regarding the comment from Tall Traveler on obese men in the locker room, I would just like to say that the skimpy towels that they offer don't come near to being sufficient to wrap around me, I am not ashamed of being large, and the writer needs to examine his reasons for such a strong hostile reaction to body types that he does not find to be aesthetically pleasing.
I'm talking about guys that hang around naked in the locker room for over an hour in conversation, brushing and shaving...walking around all over naked. Of course getting naked to change clothes and shower are expected in a locker room, I just don't like guys coming up to me naked and putting there leg on the bench by me and try to have a long conversation.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
What I also don't understand, is how is it that some people think they have the right to determine how other people should act in a situation like a men's locker room? Who made them King? If some guy wants to sit in a locker room naked for a couple of hours visiting with friends or whatever, why do other people care? If they aren't hurting anyone, what is the big deal? If you don't like it, leave. Its a free country.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
What I also don't understand, is how is it that some people think they have the right to determine how other people should act in a situation like a men's locker room? Who made them King? If some guy wants to sit in a locker room naked for a couple of hours visiting with friends or whatever, why do other people care? If they aren't hurting anyone, what is the big deal? If you don't like it, leave. Its a free country.
I never said I had a right to determine how other people should act in a men's locker room and I do just leave when some guy tries to have a long naked conversation with me.

So what is the deal with you guys wanting to spend hours in the men's locker room naked having conversations with other men...do ya'll get off on that?

Old 07-10-2014, 02:21 AM

313 posts, read 531,631 times
Reminds me of public pools as a kid. I guess these days with the pedophilia scares many parents might not let their children share communal showers where everyone showered in the buff with grown men. At the time I was a bit shy, but it didn't bother me greatly.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
[quote=Tall Traveler;35581513...So what is the deal with you guys wanting to spend hours in the men's locker room naked having conversations with other men...do ya'll get off on that?[/quote]

It is possible for men to have conversations while totally naked and not have any thoughts of sex or attraction to the other men.

Or to have conversations in their work clothes.

Or to have conversations in "Sunday go-to-meeting" clothes.

Etc.

I've not been to a gym for many many years, but it used to be quite common for men to be totally naked in the hot tub or steam room and sit there and chat for quite awhile. I've heard many guys discussing business. Some discuss sports. Whatever!

That of course was when people knew how to "talk" to each other. These days I suppose they would sit there texting?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
It is possible for men to have conversations while totally naked and not have any thoughts of sex or attraction to the other men.

Or to have conversations in their work clothes.

Or to have conversations in "Sunday go-to-meeting" clothes.

Etc.

I've not been to a gym for many many years, but it used to be quite common for men to be totally naked in the hot tub or steam room and sit there and chat for quite awhile. I've heard many guys discussing business. Some discuss sports. Whatever!

That of course was when people knew how to "talk" to each other. These days I suppose they would sit there texting?
Anything is possible...just asking the question. I just don't understand why men want to have a long conversation naked with other naked men whether in the hot tub, sitting on locker benches, or sauna (although that makes at least some sense). I prefer naked women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology