Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:23 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

There are also a large number of super muscular dudes where I work out and I wonder why they choose to lift so intensely when they have become these hulks...but I have seen the super workout women hanging out with them often....guess they're attracted to each other OR maybe want to get tips on getting larger?

I work out hard 5 days a week to stay fit and since I'm 6'6", I would be pretty intimidating if I lifted and took steroids to become huge but I have no such desire to get huge....just want to be healthy and fit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 08:45 AM

31 posts, read 96,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I knew somebody would eventually go there.

Gender is not vacillating, it is determined by the sex of the individual, i.e. sex begets gender.
Gender is socially and mentally instilled rather than biologically determined. And gender does not always correlate to the sex of and individual. It doesn't always line up; that's what I mean by vacillating. For example, a person could have evident male genitalia, but would gender them self female: Transgender

Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I know a young woman who is a total hard body. She has a perfect six pack, she is very thin, her body looks dried, clear cut muscles (not big, but clear cut). I guess her BMI is around 18. If it wasn't for her head I'd say she looks like a thin teenage boy.

I read somewhere that a desire to have a body like men do can be caused by traumas in the puberty period. So, an adult woman sort of refuses her sexuality, tries to beat a man on his field. Could you suggest any articles or books relating to this issue? I want to understand the rationale that stands behind a woman's decision to have muscle body hence look like men.

The funny part of it is she knows that most men dislike her body, it disappoints her extremely yet she still works out as she finds this kind of body beautiful.
Why don't you just leave her alone and let her be? The woman likes to be fit. You're not envious, are you???

BTW, intented or not, your post comes across as very judgmental, gossipy and catty.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:18 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You are joking. Women are more often than not turned on by men with large muscles. Pay more attention what women do than what women say. And many times, you will find a fit guy with reasonably big muscles having more options in the sexual marketplace. Women want to be with a fit guy who will protect them.
Reasonably big muscles and legitimately big muscles are two different things. Women love the Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds type build, where you are lean and built but can still wear normal clothes and not look like a meathead. You just look really healthy, solid, functionally strong instead of "show-off-y" strong.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:23 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I love a woman with a six-pack! Oh, and her stomach is perfect, too.
That's a one pack, not a six pack, lol. Nothing wrong with it, I find that attractive on a woman, but lets not get carried away.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:26 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Reasonably big muscles and legitimately big muscles are two different things. Women love the Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds type build, where you are lean and built but can still wear normal clothes and not look like a meathead. You just look really healthy, solid, functionally strong instead of "show-off-y" strong.
This. The other poster was right; exaggerated muscles are a turn-off for most women.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:13 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Quote:
You can swim, run, play tennis, ride a bike to stay healthy. Why working out?

I run, ride a bike and work with weights, nothing major, just minor strength training, not looking to be a man.. I'm still soft but toned , no abs of steel or 6 pack, not even trying and not after four kids, not happen lol.... If anything working out with light weights has filled me out, I'm a small person by nature....Overall I feel great that's the reason I workout...

Old 06-29-2014, 12:10 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
I was never a fan of the Olive Oyl types with pipe cleaner arms. I want a woman who is strong enough to do stuff. Either she needs to work or work out, one of the two. I'm a farm boy. One of the sexiest things I ever saw was a young woman driving a sweet corn truck to the cannery. She raised the dump bed, but the corn didn't slide out, so she hopped out of the cab, climbed the box hand over hand, grabbed the headboard and jumped up and down on it until the corn broke lose. Then she swung back over the side and into the cab without missing a beat. She had a very toned body, and was wearing a halter top and short shorts. It wasn't her body so much as what she could do with it, but it sure was pretty.

I'm not fond of women who just want to be ornaments.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Let's not get confused. Running and working out in the gym with heavy weights are two different things. Running doesn't make your body look like you are a man.
Fair enough. But I will say that when I was in high school and my first year of college, I was very into heavy lifting. I really liked that hard body look, minus the lack of breasts.

Now I like being a little bit soft.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:55 PM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I love fit women, they are hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology