Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

It must cost millions if not billions to build separate stalls in public "restrooms" (itself a euphemism) so that we cannot watch each other evacuate. Dogs don't care about this; I am somewhat of a bird watcher and certainly birds could not give a $ihit if you see them do their business.

I don't even like using the stalls in public facilities. I know it is irrational but I will do anything to avoid it. What if someone sees me go in or come out?

My theory is that it goes back to evolution and humans ultra-violent nature. Nowhere are you more vulnerable to attack than when you are squatting to perform your daily constitutional. Hence we evolved our fear of others watching while we did our duty. The same principle might apply to sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Face your fear man, and go when you need to go, public place or not. You can put tissue on the commode if you need , but face your fear!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
People are squeamish about things like that. From very early on, there is a certain trauma associated with learning to go to the bathroom. We have been conditioned from early childhood to hide that aspect of our lives from others.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Dogs do worry about this. If they do have to publicly evacuate, they will have an embarassed expression - looking away from you, and hanging their heads in shame.

Ive owned and been around dogs all my life. Ive never known one that happily crapped for an audience.

Unlike people however, dogs apparently finish the experience with a quick run of joy and happiness, as if they suddenly feel all light and fluffy inside. Ive never seen a human come skipping out of a stall, and run around all excited and barking after the same experience.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It must cost millions if not billions to build separate stalls in public "restrooms" (itself a euphemism) so that we cannot watch each other evacuate. Dogs don't care about this; I am somewhat of a bird watcher and certainly birds could not give a $ihit if you see them do their business.

I don't even like using the stalls in public facilities. I know it is irrational but I will do anything to avoid it. What if someone sees me go in or come out?

My theory is that it goes back to evolution and humans ultra-violent nature. Nowhere are you more vulnerable to attack than when you are squatting to perform your daily constitutional. Hence we evolved our fear of others watching while we did our duty. The same principle might apply to sex.
Hunting and ****ting like a bear in the woods since I was a child got me over that.

I've shot and killed a deer whilst pearched on a bump leaving a dump.

Early in the morning when no one is awake I leave the door open for my morning constitutional. Along with the front door that has the fan blowing out warm and and sucking in cool air before it warms up.

Nothing like the cool breeze blowing across your legs as your doing your doodee.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Dogs don't really like being watched. That has been my experience.
My kid (2) was never told anything good or bad about pooping or privacy but he insists we go away while he takes his ipad under a curtain or under a chair or in his tent or in the pantry.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
What is worse than someone wanting privacy is someone who leaves the bathroom door open for all to see (and hear/smell)!

Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Dogs do worry about this. If they do have to publicly evacuate, they will have an embarassed expression - looking away from you, and hanging their heads in shame.

Ive owned and been around dogs all my life. Ive never known one that happily crapped for an audience.

Unlike people however, dogs apparently finish the experience with a quick run of joy and happiness, as if they suddenly feel all light and fluffy inside. Ive never seen a human come skipping out of a stall, and run around all excited and barking after the same experience.
I do that but only when I am at home alone

Old 07-21-2014, 10:42 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Did you ever hear the stories about Lyndon Johnson who would have his staff follow him to the bathroom and continue meetings while he was taking a dump?

I spent a summer in an old Army barracks at Ft. Bragg in the 1970s. The latrine area had two toilets sitting next to each other without stalls.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:55 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Ive never seen a human come skipping out of a stall, and run around all excited and barking after the same experience.
Al Bundy and Archie Bunker always came out with self-satisfied smiles. Same is true of constipated geezers who have just had a successful evacuation on the throne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology