Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I agree, Sarita. Look for example Mexico. Most people are mestizo, a mixture of Native American and European. There is just a minority of people who is 100 per cent of European stock , called criollos...but if you watch their movies and tv programs you would think criollos are the majority of people in Mexico, blondes with blue eyes are the norm.
Yep, and that's because they've been influenced by western media. I've seen older Mexican magazines and older Mexican movies, and the women and men are all dark haired. Very odd, how bad influences runs over everything like a sort of unstoppable train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 04:24 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
I love the natural beauty of women like Trinity in The Matrix, (Carry Ann Moss)... long black hair, so soft and nice, mmmmmmm, that's my dream woman.

The thought of caresseing a womans hair and get my hands stained with dye is a turn off
What on earth are you talking about?? There is nothing on your hair to feel or to stain anything after you color it, lol. We still wash our hair, you know? The only way you could touch our hair and get stained with dye is if you decided to caress our hair while we were in the process of coloring it, and even that only takes 20 minutes. Why do I have the feeling you've never actually caressed a woman's hair?

Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Here's a thought - why don't men do the blonde dyeing thing? I've seen maybe 2 guys in my lifetime who had blonde dyed hair. I have seen a few more that have their hair colored dark, but that's because they were old men, and their hair turned out slightly neon red.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
I'm a brunette, but love fire engine red hair and for the longest time, I dyed my hair that colour. I dyed my hair blonde once for a Lady Gaga costume and never again - it damaged my hair.

As a red head...

Blonde... but, I will admit that I messed up bleaching it myself.

Another blonde shot in Green Bay, WI

My natural colour.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I'm a brunette, but love fire engine red hair and for the longest time, I dyed my hair that colour. I dyed my hair blonde once for a Lady Gaga costume and never again - it damaged my hair.

As a red head...

Blonde... but, I will admit that I messed up bleaching it myself.

Another blonde shot in Green Bay, WI

My natural colour.
You actually look great in all of them! I think the top one (the auburn) is a really neat color.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:36 PM

823 posts, read 1,973,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What on earth are you talking about?? There is nothing on your hair to feel or to stain anything after you color it, lol. We still wash our hair, you know? The only way you could touch our hair and get stained with dye is if you decided to caress our hair while we were in the process of coloring it, and even that only takes 20 minutes. Why do I have the feeling you've never actually caressed a woman's hair?

I said "the thought", I was not talking literally....I've caressed many womens hair, when there's chemicals between my hand and their body it makes the experience a bit processed, artificial, like drinking bottled water instead of drinking pure icy water from a high mountain creek.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:01 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
I said "the thought", I was not talking literally....I've caressed many womens hair, when there's chemicals between my hand and their body it makes the experience a bit processed, artificial, like drinking bottled water instead of drinking pure icy water from a high mountain creek.
Are you straight? Strange word choice and obsession with hair products.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:11 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You actually look great in all of them! I think the top one (the auburn) is a really neat color.
Thank you. I'm thinking of going back to red... but from a salon. I'd never dye my hair on my own again.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:54 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
My natural color was medium brown, I went dark blonde because my hair has turned gray, and blonde blends better with my gray roots. It also flatters my skin tone, as another poster upthread has mentioned. Older ladies don't look good with dark hair, especially when it looks really fake. I really dislike that Maleficent look. Blonde looks more natural. Here, judge for yourself:

Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 PM

551 posts, read 582,486 times
Wow.. why does anyone do anything OP.

I lighten my hair because it improves my mood. For whatever reason, lighter, sunny hair just makes me FEEL sunny and happy. I did a stint as a red head which was fun for awhile- very dramatic change. It looked good with my coloring but I like blond best, I don't think it looks fake, it makes me feel very attractive, aaaaand best of all, it's FUN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology