Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,379,665 times

Advertisements

Because when your loud people laugh and are able to hear you. They just respond with "Keep quiet". But when your quiet people feel alienated by your presence. Meaning your part of the group itself but your that person who is in experienced.

Like take a person with

no spouse
no children
no money

Without these things we have nothing to talk about or really do at all

no war ( sport/Game )
no celebration
no natural/unnatural event

These things are abnormal events. Earthquakes, waring nations, victories, and so forth

Basically like many jobs that requires no talking, are quiet people because they develop an relationship with doing work and keeping mouth shut. But when they go out with people who have to open their mouth. They are inside an different group. Get the idea. Birds of the same feather flock together. Birds of a different kind are ?????

That is what happens. People who are quiet ( outcasted ) are this and that because nobody talks to them at all. I mean strangers wise. People need other people to associate with

Oh look they are quiet. They are insane
Oh look they open their mouth and wont shut up about certain topics. They are insane.

The trick is not to give a damn about anything people think and move forward. Turn the tv/computer off and go outside and deal with the cold world.gl

A quiet person is an person who does not play the same tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 01:32 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,266,427 times
A lot of introverts are insecure and choose to be withdrawn, but others simply choose to keep themselves in better check and not sink ships with loose lips.

A lot of extroverts have no filter between their brains and mouths, and that is NOT a good thing. But I don't think all of them are like that.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:00 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,424,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Anti-social, withdrawn, loaner, etc., you've heard the negative descriptions laid on quiet or reserved personalities. In contrast, the loud, outgoing and overbearing, personality is considered "happy-go-lucky" "a great personality" and preceived as "normal" and more socially acceptable? Both personalities are at extreme ends of the specrum, yet one is perceived as "normal" while the other is considered "abnormal". Why?
Well I think that if people can't get a grasp of who/what you think they are more apt to label you out of some need THEY have.

Overbearing and outgoing are stranger in my book. I sometimes observe when somebody is engaging in this behavior and wonder what is going on inside their head.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:07 PM

25 posts, read 22,374 times
The benefits of being social outway the benefits of being reserved, hence evolution decided to have more of them.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:09 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
good question, deserved an answer
we come from a generation of self assertion training. assertiveness is good and proper and creates a level playing field
blah blah blah
having said that, the other face of self assertion is aggression. this sin is genderless
and we live in an agressive me first society
in other words a society that has decided to trash can manners.
it spills over into morals, its no longer what is right and wrong its about who has the right to do wrong.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:25 PM

4,178 posts, read 3,379,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Anti-social, withdrawn, loaner, etc., you've heard the negative descriptions laid on quiet or reserved personalities. In contrast, the loud, outgoing and overbearing, personality is considered "happy-go-lucky" "a great personality" and preceived as "normal" and more socially acceptable? Both personalities are at extreme ends of the specrum, yet one is perceived as "normal" while the other is considered "abnormal". Why?

Because the yappy little leg-biting dogs control this society.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:48 PM

351 posts, read 691,888 times
People don't like puzzles as much. Those that are introverted are harder to read and appear less welcoming to most people. Depending on the amount of shyness, another person may assume that person is a snob or at least uninteresting because they are not as easy to share thoughts with. Often, once an introvert comes out of their shell a bit, they are very sweet and thoughtful people. They make great friends, but more effort has to be put in to starting a friendship with that person. Their friendships do tend to last longer as they stick with what and who they are most comfortable with where they feel safe opening up with.

Extroverted people tend to be more welcoming because there's little guessing on who they are and what they want. But it can go both ways with them. Some that are super outgoing can be overbearing and downright unpleasant to be around. Some may not let another get a word in when talking or they feel they can control things by being outgoing. Those friendships come and go. They can be fun, but often in small increments. Then there are some that are just really nice and confident. Those are the easier ones to get along with and often make many friends and long term friends more often than anyone.

I grew up introverted. I had a hard time making friends. Once I got to college, I was pretty much forced out of my shell a bit. After college, I am in the middle. I can be outgoing, but I'm still more comfortable with a small group of people or even just one or two people to build a friendship with.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:48 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,309,802 times
Im intro and extro...mostly intro...but I always get classified as mellow or "chill". Loud people are annoying...just....shutup lol...but if you're so quiet that you never say ANYTHING...people will walk all over you...

Old 10-26-2014, 12:16 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times
This is definitely the American attitude. In places like Japan and Norway, it's entirely the reverse.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM

6,464 posts, read 8,155,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This is definitely the American attitude. In places like Japan and Norway, it's entirely the reverse.
Not in Norway, even though it might seems like it for most Americans. Extrovertion is the norm but it is not the "extreme" form as in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology