Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times

Advertisements

So I'm 28 and I am pretty sure I went through puberty already. I feel like my hormones are freaking raging all the time. When I was a teen I never had sex on my mind to the same degree I do now. I am a total horndog.

It's like, if I just see a woman's FACE I just get physically aroused and I start thinking about doing her. When I was in High School I rarely had thoughts like that. It probably could also have to do with the fact I lost my virginity relatively late (23 years old). But even back then I wasn't so much into sex the way I am now.

So anyway, I find it very odd that sex seems so much more appealing now than it ever has. Is there some weird genetic thing I have or something? Anyone else feel this way? If it helps to know, I am male.

Do people just get hornier with age? I thought the opposite happened? I doubt I am reaching sexual peak NOW when I am almost 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,580 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Perfectly normal, the idea of the peak for a male being at age 18 is a myth. According to this article you have the years to go before you are at your best.

Health Myth: Do Men Really Hit Their Sexual Peak at 18?: The Daily Details: Blog : Details

Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
50 going on 51, and sometimes it consumes me to the point of distraction. Not at work or anything, but there are times we'll be watching a movie in our theater room and all I can think about is getting her to the bedroom. It doesn't hurt that I have a younger hot wife that loves sex too.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times
When I hit 50, it seemed like I went through a second puberty. All I could think about was sex. Maybe in thirties and forties, I was too busy worrying about career, houses, cars, stuff. Maybe it is a midlife crisis type of thing.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM

749 posts, read 920,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
When I hit 50, it seemed like I went through a second puberty. All I could think about was sex. Maybe in thirties and forties, I was too busy worrying about career, houses, cars, stuff. Maybe it is a midlife crisis type of thing.

Most men go through a mid-life crisis in their mid 40's.........and many have gotten into trouble......it all depends on it is handled....

Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
^ I never had a "mid-life crisis."

I'm 59. My answer to the topics question is about the same.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:37 AM

732 posts, read 968,697 times
I don't even think about me involved in sex anymore, and when I did in the past it was a bunch of negative thoughts such as how to avoid sexual situations, hoping I didn't somehow have sex with so-and-so but not remember when I was wasted on booze & drugs, regrets of me somehow getting involved in making out with so-and-so and strangers in my substance abuse era, paranoia about catching oral herpes or mono.

I'm definitely asexual, so there's no chance of me ever becoming obsessed with sex in a horny toad way.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:45 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
So I'm 28 and I am pretty sure I went through puberty already. I feel like my hormones are freaking raging all the time. When I was a teen I never had sex on my mind to the same degree I do now. I am a total horndog.

It's like, if I just see a woman's FACE I just get physically aroused and I start thinking about doing her. When I was in High School I rarely had thoughts like that. It probably could also have to do with the fact I lost my virginity relatively late (23 years old). But even back then I wasn't so much into sex the way I am now.

So anyway, I find it very odd that sex seems so much more appealing now than it ever has. Is there some weird genetic thing I have or something? Anyone else feel this way? If it helps to know, I am male.

Do people just get hornier with age? I thought the opposite happened? I doubt I am reaching sexual peak NOW when I am almost 30.
I'm mid 40's, I can recall in my mid 20's it would only take looking at a pretty gal in a skirt and I had a boner...nowadays it usually takes a lot more. I used to think about sex quite a damn bit. I think about it a lot less now, although I am putting off some gratification for the moment.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:06 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post

It's like, if I just see a woman's FACE I just get physically aroused and I start thinking about doing her. .
You are right. Men are attractive in their 30s and in their peak of everything their energies, career and personality. But onus lies on us to preserve our "vital" energies and move forward.

Even though this post is candid, it opens up other possibilities of crimes on women and children.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:45 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Yes. I'm 26 and haven't thought about sex this much since I was 15 or 16.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology