Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:07 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
There should be an LGBT forum on this website, to discuss topics and issues pertaining to that.
I think that would be a great idea. For relationship/sexuality talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 03:20 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I think that would be a great idea. For relationship/sexuality talk.
Me too. Can we suggest it? Perhaps a whole LGBT sub forum split into further sub forums for all spectrums of our community

Old 11-17-2014, 04:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Didn't read the other posts yet...

Enjoy both genders, I say.
I actually don't see that as the problem.

If you broke up with your girlfriend because of liking guys...well,
lemme tell ya she would be equally upset if you were looking
at another woman...and you 2 would break up anyway.
You have a roving eye it seems. No judgment there, btw.

I'm not seeing the gender so much of an issue as you not finding the
one love of your life...period.

When love happens sex will be great and fulfilling, imo.

I'd go with women and be done with it! I know, find an 'athletic' women,
not so feminine?
That won't clean up her crumbs on the counter OR take out the garbage!
(And wants you to do her laundry...there... all solved...and use toys.)
And I'm not joking!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-17-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 04:54 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,299 times
It sounds like you are still in the discovery stage of sorting out who you really are and need to explore all aspects until you see a repeating pattern that you are comfortable with.
I don't think anyone can really tell you what to do or what to think. You need to do that for yourself as the bottom line is that only you can know what will make you happy for the rest of your developing life as an adult so you don't woulda, coulda, shoulda on yourself when you get to the stage in your life when you reflect back on the path you took to get to where you are.
Enjoy your journey, be true to yourself and let yourself be your best friend.

Last edited by NickofDiamonds; 11-17-2014 at 05:03 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 05:32 PM

18,121 posts, read 25,262,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Ok here goes...

I am a trans female, currently in her 2nd year of transition.
I guess I'll put this away, because I won't need it

Old 11-18-2014, 01:00 AM

6,381 posts, read 6,269,198 times
I can relate to not wanting to limit yourself to one type of person. There is nothing wrong with your proclivities.

I think you need a new therapist.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:12 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

Old 11-18-2014, 04:10 AM

Thanks all. Yeah I kinda do consider myself a little pansexual, although whereas they don't really see gender, I do. My attraction towards guys and girls is different. I'm not attracted to all spectrums, as pansexuals tend to be. I think the only thing that might make me pan in some people's eyes is the fact that I dated a trans girl, although I just saw her as a girl.

I probably do need a new therapist. Or just time to figure it out.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Just wondering if men going to the "sex talk" right away is making you uncomfortable to the point that you prefer the company of women over men and if working on the "why" of that you wouldn't find some answer to begin with. Being from a different generation you'll have to pardon my ignorance, but there would be the preference when it comes to the sexual parts which doesn't seem to matter but essential in the relationship if longer term, it would be the male/female depending on which you enjoyed the company and felt you had the most in common with? Is it possible that you just haven't met the right person to where you have deep enough feelings to make a decision want you might want in the long term? I think you are looking for a particular person rather than a gender, maybe. Someone else mentioned being attracted to someone, but the fantasy element, and once faithful and committed, that sort of thing becomes more manageable IF that is what you are looking for. I think the person that suggested you just take a break from dating and sort this through may very well be on target.
Maybe. I have wondered this myself. I think I would be more willing to date guys if many of them weren't so pushy when it comes to asking for my number or jumping straight to sex talk. I can talk to a girl for hours, but I have only met one guy who I could do that with. I also have quite a narrow soectrum of guys I like. I like slightly more effeminate guys who are sensitive and creative minded. I am drawn to artists and musicians.

But anyway you made a lot of good points and it gives me something to think about.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I've actually heard lesbian women say they don't like dating bisexual women...so it might be an issue. Still, give yourself time.
I have been married to a man before, but my gf understood when we started our relationship. After all, nearly all women have been with in relationships with men (including my gf), even if they eventually came out as lesbian. I have noticed over the years that lesbians are more open about dating bisexual women than they used to be. They are very concerned about fidelity in relationships, due to the higher level of emotional connection two women usually have than a straight couple, and there is insecurity involved when a gay woman dates a bisexual woman. They are afraid they will lose her to a man, and that is a legitimate concern, however, anyone can lose his/her partner to another, and I think many of them are realizing that.

I have been in relationships with women most of my adult life, but with my traditional Indian heritage, I felt a lot of pressure to get married and try to please my father and his expectations. I just ended up making myself and my husband miserable, so I divorced my husband, and with my wonderful gf, we are quite happy. Sexuality is a continuum. Many people are bisexual, and that's perfectly OK. And as High Flying Bird said, your transition should be first and foremost on your mind right now. I have a lesbian friend who is in the process of F to M transition. He and his gf are stressed to the max with all those changes right now. Their relationship is changing a great deal as well. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology