Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 05:45 AM

84 posts, read 100,216 times

Advertisements

There is a strange dream I had as a small child when I was sick with a fever, which seems to be common to many people I've spoken to, and I wondered how many of you have had this same dream or a variation of it?

In the dream, I seem to be inexplicably attached to a vanishingly small, but very dense, spherical object, perhaps the size of a grain of sand. I say that I was "attached" to it, though I didn't seem to have a body to attach to anything, per se. But I could not escape the gravity of this object. I seemed to be moving through empty space with this object - whether fast or slow, I really couldn't tell, as there was nothing else around to help me gauge the speed at which I was moving. The colors around me were a mixture of black and a very dull orange-brown color. There was no sound that I could describe. I felt utterly helpless, hopeless and alone in a vast and empty space, with a feeling of eternity stretching out before me.

My husband has had a very similar dream, as have others I've spoken with, and I wonder at the similarities. I was probably around 4 or 5 the last time I had this dream. It may have been when I was hospitalized with suspected pneumonia at the age of 4-1/2. I'd like to hear other people's versions of this dream, as well as the circumstances surrounding it, and your thoughts on it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I have never had that particular dream, but I have had fever dreams before, mostly as a child.

Mine involved my body being up high, like in the corner of the room. I haven't had that one in a while, though.

Why do we have nightmares when we have a fever? | Q&A | Focus Magazine | Science and Technology

Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
I had Scarlet Fever with a temp of 105 degrees when I was 6. I floated to the top of the room and could see myself in the bed below and my Mom and Grandma next to me.

I then saw myself floating high over a field following a little boy and girl chasing a dog. It felt like I was flying over them. The best I can describe it was that I was attached to a rubber band. I got to the point in my flying where I could not go any farther on that band. I was pulled back very, very quickly and back at the ceiling in my room. Then I was snapped back into my body in the bed and landed with a thump.

This was 60 years ago and it never happened again, but I have never again had that high of a fever either. Some people might call this an out of body experience, or maybe even a near death experience. BTW, when I did come back, my fever had broken totally.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I've had fever hallucinations. But not dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology