Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 11:52 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
"It takes a village to raise a child"

The responsibility of Mike Brown falls on his parents and the community around him. Everything he became is a composite of all the people that he related to.

He grew up to be a thug and bully that thought he could intimidate everybody, but he picked the wrong person in a police officer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he was a thug, an over grown bully, that s all.
A bully that tried to pick on a white cop......brought his fists to a gunfight, and lost.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:55 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Still it took 12 bullets to put the man down , what was he using for a gun? a 22 caliber ?, still that's a lot of bullets , the officer is just as evil as this Michael Brown to use that many bullets to put him down

You do realize Mike Brown was almost 300 lbs right? 6 shots spread around a big guy's body isn't exactly instant stopping power.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:58 PM

687 posts, read 915,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You do realize Mike Brown was almost 300 lbs right? 6 shots spread around a big guy's body isn't exactly instant stopping power.
Especially not with those piddly 9mm's police typically carry. I'm not sure exactly what weapon officer Wilson (may the hero find a productive career elsewhere) was carrying, but I'm guessing it wasn't a .45. If it were a .45 the thug would have thought twice about charging in for a second tussle.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:13 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
I posted this on another part of CD......and everyone disagreed with me.....I still think Brown's death could have been suicide by cop.

I know I am alone in that stance.

Why else would someone rob a store and walk down the middle the street.....then try and grab a cop's gun????

A death wish is the only thing I can think of.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
First, we also need a thread about Darrell Wilson's behavior. Refusal to carry a taser because it "wasn't comfortable", refusal to show any sorrow to the fact that someone (loved by family) died, and his continuing to shoot time after time in a dense area at a far away target, endangering other people. He sounds like a combat veteran from Iraq, afraid that each piece of trash by the road is a bomb.

As for MB...
Maybe drugs but probably it was mostly years of being profiled and harassed for no reason by police. The original confrontation came from him walking in the street. Rich White People in my area routinely jog in the street (creating road hazards) when a sidewalk is adjacent. If you get treated like you are a threat no matter what it's human nature to put up a tough guy front. I'd guess he held deep resentment of police from years of bad experience with them and got so angry he lashed out, probably no caring whether he lived or died. Drugs would have caused him to act more aggressive.

I'm White, clean cut, and non confrontational and I've had several scary encounters with police. I had one scream at me for riding my bike on the sidewalk rather than a street with no bike lane (he got really pissed, saying things like "I said NOW"), had a cop scream in my face that he could arrest me now because I didn't get in the other lane when he was parked on the shoulder (I was 16), I've also been searched while riding my bike in a mostly Black / low income neighborhood between two nicer areas I frequented. I would get asked things like "what are you doing over here" as if it was an apartheid in South Africa.

Despite my low likelihood of future profiling relative to a minority I remain frightened of police.

White. Clean cut. Middle aged dad of 3 boys. around that age. Two masters degrees. My sons are white. I fear for them, and other males in the 16-29 demographic.

I am afraid of cops. The are capricious egomaniacs who seem to all posses hair trigger tempers and some degree of racism.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:13 PM

56 posts, read 63,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
He DIDNT ROB A STORE CLERK!!!!! HE DIDNT ASSAULT HIM EITHER. Please watch the WHOLE VIDEO..not the video the corrupt police department cut & pasted. The Store Clerk came from behind the counter and tried to scold him for reaching over the counter to grab his items which he had already PAID FOR!! The clerk got in his way and try to prevent him from leaving so he grabbed him and pushed him out the way....NOT A CRIME. There is a reason why the Clerk did not call the police....because no crime was committed, the one at fault is the Clerk himself, people can enter and exit a store as they please, you have ZERO rights to stand in their way. He had ZERO CRIMINAL RECORD, No he Was not High off Drugs. Do you think he was actually "Wild like an animal". you honestly believe Darren Wilson Story? LOL

P.S. it was either that or the clerk asked for his ID after he paid and Mr. Brown just decided to walk out without showing him
Assault and battery IS a crime. No matter upon whom it is perpetrated. Brown was an 18 year old, 6'4", 289 pound bully intent on getting what he wanted without regard to anyone else's rights.

Ferguson?s Michael Brown: The Tall Tale of the "Gentle Giant"
"...Brown certainly was a giant, as surveillance footage seems to prove, showing his 6’4”, nearly 300-pound self towering over a petrified convenience-store employee, who got manhandled and intimidated for having the temerity to object to his store being robbed..."*
*Both the Gov. of Mo. and Barry's Dept. of Justice wanted the surveillance video suppressed as evidence of Brown's violent outbursts.

"...One of these critics, award-winning investigative reporter Matthew Vadum, leaves no doubt about where he stands. In a piece entitled “Michael Brown: A Criminal and a Thug,” he writes: Before the shooting incident last weekend, Brown used violence and the threat of more violence to steal. With an accomplice, he knocked over a convenience store, bullying victims with his prodigious size and weight. (Incidentally, the owner of the store told the Washington Post he fears that his customers will murder him and that he begged reporters not to suggest that he called the police on Brown.)..."

Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 PM

451 posts, read 465,485 times
Quote:
What drove Michael Brown's behavior, that which lead to his death?
Too much hip hop music.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Same thing that drives these men

Demon possession

State of Emergency in Ferguson; Missouri governor also sets curfew | Q13 FOX News

Old 11-28-2014, 06:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
White. Clean cut. Middle aged dad of 3 boys. around that age. Two masters degrees. My sons are white. I fear for them, and other males in the 16-29 demographic.

I am afraid of cops. The are capricious egomaniacs who seem to all posses hair trigger tempers and some degree of racism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
First, we also need a thread about Darrell Wilson's behavior. Refusal to carry a taser because it "wasn't comfortable", refusal to show any sorrow to the fact that someone (loved by family) died, and his continuing to shoot time after time in a dense area at a far away target, endangering other people. He sounds like a combat veteran from Iraq, afraid that each piece of trash by the road is a bomb.

As for MB...
Maybe drugs but probably it was mostly years of being profiled and harassed for no reason by police. The original confrontation came from him walking in the street. Rich White People in my area routinely jog in the street (creating road hazards) when a sidewalk is adjacent. If you get treated like you are a threat no matter what it's human nature to put up a tough guy front. I'd guess he held deep resentment of police from years of bad experience with them and got so angry he lashed out, probably no caring whether he lived or died. Drugs would have caused him to act more aggressive.

I'm White, clean cut, and non confrontational and I've had several scary encounters with police. I had one scream at me for riding my bike on the sidewalk rather than a street with no bike lane (he got really pissed, saying things like "I said NOW"), had a cop scream in my face that he could arrest me now because I didn't get in the other lane when he was parked on the shoulder (I was 16), I've also been searched while riding my bike in a mostly Black / low income neighborhood between two nicer areas I frequented. I would get asked things like "what are you doing over here" as if it was an apartheid in South Africa.

Despite my low likelihood of future profiling relative to a minority I remain frightened of police.

I feel the same way. I am white and also afraid of cops. Too many run-ins over time for questionable things within my family, friends and self. Maybe that's just what you get when you grow up poor.

Not all cops are "good cops." And everyone has "stressful days." I question DW stress/anger level on that day. His story has changed multiple times.

As for MB, my best guess from what I've seen and heard is that he was a bully, got what he wanted from life by being so, and took it too far. I'm pretty sure it was NOT "marijuana psychosis" and no other drugs or antidepressants were in his system. Check this out:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...g-results.html

The inaccurate phrasing of how this was presented to the Grand Jury really concerns me. How much else was inaccurate?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:57 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

As for MB, my best guess from what I've seen and heard is that he was a bully, got what he wanted from life by being so, and took it too far.
That appears to be the most logical explanation.

My understanding was that MB had recently completed an alternative program to graduate from high school, enjoyed performing rap songs, robbed a convenience store, pushed a clerk out of the way who tried to stop him, then proceeded to walk down the middle of a road at midnight when a police officer told him to move to the sidewalk. Instead of moving to the sidewalk, an altercation ensued and he was shot and killed.

From what I can tell, MB brought 300 pounds and a bad attitude to a gun fight. The odds were stacked against him.

I'm not sure what the protestors would like to come of this. That police not attempt to arrest those who rob stores? That police not attempt to get people out of the middle of the road? That police not respond when they are attacked? What exactly?

Perhaps we should have communities where people could live without fear of police officers confronting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology