Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:48 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times

Advertisements

He was a low-life bottom feeder, on his way to bigger and better crimes, and a life-time in and out of jail. Now, he's not.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Is "alternative" a nice way of saying "special education"? While I haven't read or heard that elsewhere yet, I don't doubt it. You have to wonder why he was in an "alternative program".
Alternative ed programs are for students who have committed a misdemeanor or felony as a minor, are a pregnant teen or a teen parent (dad included), picked up for truancy, etc, etc. Many are expelled from their original school district and are not allowed to return. Some are able to return after fulfilling community service hours. Brown apparently fell into one of the former categories.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:45 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
It was likely an attendance issue. That is often the case.

Though his parents have requested that his juvenile records remain private, it was confirmed recently that he wasn't facing any criminal charges and that he had had no serious criminal charges as a juvenile.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:02 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Not having a daddy that kept his ass in line and show him how a real man is supposed to behave...
Not having a daddy that taught him to respect authority...

***Coming from a black woman
And perhaps the role model - the step father that we saw chanting "burn it down" didn't help the matter.

His MOM chose that guy. So IMO, Michael Brown was a victim of his upbringing, or lack of...yes.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:03 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
He DIDNT ROB A STORE CLERK!!!!! HE DIDNT ASSAULT HIM EITHER. Please watch the WHOLE VIDEO..not the video the corrupt police department cut & pasted. The Store Clerk came from behind the counter and tried to scold him for reaching over the counter to grab his items which he had already PAID FOR!! The clerk got in his way and try to prevent him from leaving so he grabbed him and pushed him out the way....NOT A CRIME. There is a reason why the Clerk did not call the police....because no crime was committed, the one at fault is the Clerk himself, people can enter and exit a store as they please, you have ZERO rights to stand in their way. He had ZERO CRIMINAL RECORD, No he Was not High off Drugs. Do you think he was actually "Wild like an animal". you honestly believe Darren Wilson Story? LOL

P.S. it was either that or the clerk asked for his ID after he paid and Mr. Brown just decided to walk out without showing him
Bartender, I'll have what he's having

IMO some people don't have the ability to reason. Some show no signs of fear. In the animal World this type of behavior results in a short life span. In humans it results in being locked up or a short life too.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:11 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It was likely an attendance issue. That is often the case.
Your opinion, I assume? It's not information that was released.

Quote:
Though his parents have requested that his juvenile records remain private, it was confirmed recently that he wasn't facing any criminal charges and that he had had no serious criminal charges as a juvenile.
Missouri state law prohibits the records of most juvenile court proceedings from being released to the public.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:49 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Missouri state law prohibits the records of most juvenile court proceedings from being released to the public.
There are several who are trying to get a look at his juvenile record, arguing that as he is no longer living, the right to privacy does not apply.

His family has asked that the records be kept sealed.

According to Snopes.com:

"Cynthia Harcourt, the St. Louis County juvenile office's attorney, said the "court of public opinion does not require the release of juvenile records," adding that "simple curiosity" was not an adequate reason to violate the privacy of Brown and his family.

Harcourt did provide the largest amount of information regarding Brown's legal history, noting that the nature of the crimes with which Brown had reportedly been involved would not necessarily have been protected by laws that shield minors from publicizing their criminal records: "

"Mr. Brown had no juvenile cases involving serious felony charges or convictions, including murder, robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Those felony records would not be required to be confidential and would have been released, but none exist for Mr. Brown, Ms. Harcourt said."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime...hR7PBLSYwjL.99

From what read, it seems that someone looked up a Michael Brown that had several serious charges against him and started circulating that it was this Michael Brown.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
.......10+ shots from over 100 feet away by the officer and the lack of remorse he has shown since.........
Read some transcripts.

100 feet away? You dreamed that up. Fact is, Wilson was backpedaling as he fired the last shots.

Remorse? You think that would make it better? I don't think it matters if Wilson is sorry or not. He did what had to be done.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:27 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Robbing and bullying a little store clerk is one thing, attacking a police officer who has a gun is just plain stupid. The gene pool in Ferguson took a slight tick north upon his death.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:56 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Looks like the survival of the fittest is true.

If you are stupid and do stupid things then your life might end sooner than someone who does not make the same choices as michael brown.

i read one report that people thought he was only stealing cigars and shouldn't be dead for that. well, so i guess the bar has been set so that petty criminals should be given a pass.

the parents saying "my son would NEVER do that" well apparently Mom, your little angel was caught on tape roughing up a little store clerk. such denial.

the worse is when people are hypcrites. when people say they cant be a racist when they are acting like one. when people say my baby (gang banger) wouldnt do such a thing, he was a good boy.

meanwhile they dont know what their boy has been doing all night, being a gang banger. why dont parents know what their offspring are doing? why cant they control them?

and by the way I do NOT advocate what that person said above about beating a kids ass as punshment. this will only make them violent and hateful toward authority. i do not believe in beat-downs which black commediens joke about all the time in their act. i think it may be true. i have witnessed mothers screaming at their 5 year old in the store 'GIT YO ASS UP OFFA THAT FLOOR" i think there is a way to punish kids but not be so violent. so i am against hitting kids with a switch , talking nasty to the kids, etc.

then again, i think white mothers who act all passive when disciplining their kids is stupid too, such like "Bobby if you dont stop being a bad boy, i wont buy you that candy bar at the store" that is too wussy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology