Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:29 AM

207 posts, read 225,971 times

Advertisements

I was curious... do you consider this a turn off? This guy came and practically c~block my conversation with my male crush. I was really nice to this guy but inside I was angry he interject himself into me and my crush outing. So I sent my crush a couple txt messages like... "i thought he was gone." "Must be nice" A little b..i.chy like a Mean Girl thing to do. I even told him he look younger in front of my crush.

Obviously my crush didnt want him there...

My crush didnt add fuel to my fire and let the txt die.

So now im worried he got turn off by my txt or simply didnt want to add to it... By the way my crush talks bs about his coworkers so he can be a bit biichy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 05:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,802,433 times
I think you blew the whole thing out of proportion. How do you know the guy's intention was to "cockblock"? I'd be turned off too.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:28 AM

207 posts, read 225,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I think you blew the whole thing out of proportion. How do you know the guy's intention was to "cockblock"? I'd be turned off too.

It wasnt his intention. But we were having a witchy conversation about the people we hate and we were talking about the legalization of things.. dumb conversation topics... but it was my crush. And he totally kill the vibe.

Well it wasnt like i saud anything mean about the guy.... i just thought he was gone... but i said it like "oh hes on a month long vacation must be nice"...like hes having the time of his life. My crush was talking crap about people he shouldnt so i think we are equal.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,802,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
It wasnt his intention. But we were having a witchy conversation about the people we hate and we were talking about the legalization of things.. dumb conversation topics... but it was my crush. And he totally kill the vibe.

Well it wasnt like i saud anything mean about the guy.... i just thought he was gone... but i said it like "oh hes on a month long vacation must be nice"...like hes having the time of his life. My crush was talking crap about people he shouldnt so i think we are equal.
Maybe he decided he didn't like your personality.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,251,774 times
If you speak "English" here instead of "text", more people will understand what you are saying and can give you advice. Note that the other posts here are in "English".

To start, please explain what the following means...

c~block
my male crush
my crush

Old 12-15-2014, 09:29 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,253 posts, read 4,299,481 times
Ah, to be young.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:40 AM

50,470 posts, read 36,126,975 times
IMO the turn-off is that you try too hard, and it shows. Your crush, if he were interested in you, would ask you out. It's not anyone else's fault that you are trying to corner this guy alone because you like him, how would the guy have possibly known that? I don't think gossiping and being negative is the way I would flirt with a guy, in any case.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:11 AM
mzd

419 posts, read 885,435 times
OP - Is dating etiquette different for gay males, than for heterosexual males? I am asking, not questioning.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:25 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,806,900 times
If that's what your crush is like, and that's what you want, and you think a text is going to make them uncrush on you, well, that's that way it is. Worrying about it won't do a thing but add to your stress level.

I guess I'm old. Someone not adding to my text is like, not even on my list of things to worry about.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:03 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,612,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
I was curious... do you consider this a turn off? This guy came and practically c~block my conversation with my male crush. I was really nice to this guy but inside I was angry he interject himself into me and my crush outing. So I sent my crush a couple txt messages like... "i thought he was gone." "Must be nice" A little b..i.chy like a Mean Girl thing to do. I even told him he look younger in front of my crush.

Obviously my crush didnt want him there...

My crush didnt add fuel to my fire and let the txt die.

So now im worried he got turn off by my txt or simply didnt want to add to it... By the way my crush talks bs about his coworkers so he can be a bit biichy too.
2 questions

Is your "crush" into dudes, or are you trying to go 'where no man has gone before'?

If your "crush" IS into dudes, why the heck are you beating around the bush about him being your "crush"? Just go for it! There are no extra points for being catty about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology