Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 08:09 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

No, that's never happened, unless it happened when I was very little and thus don't remember.

I have bad dreams, and I wake up a bit shaken and unnerved. But I calm down and remember it's just a dream, and while things in them may happen eventually, just hope it's not soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:09 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
No, that's never happened, unless it happened when I was very little and thus don't remember.

I have bad dreams, and I wake up a bit shaken and unnerved. But I calm down and remember it's just a dream, and while things in them may happen eventually, just hope it's not soon.
That is my logic, but my kids are the only thing I care about most. I don't remember it now, but they were being taken away from me. I've missed both birthdays, christmas, and fathers day, the youngest is two, I hadn't seen him since he turned one, and I'm scared he will forget who I am, because I don't know when I'll see them again, I missed I don't know how many important first things. I think about them all the time, and I'm tired of seeing all these men with they kids, I used to get at least one person,,mostly women happy to see me out with my kids a day. I wasn't the best dad ever, but I was a good dad, I took care of them when I visited. Sometimes I look at the bike I was building for the oldest, and wonder if it's even worth it.

Most people don't get it, my girlfriend only has custody of one of her three, she gets to see her girls, so she doesn't really get it. Another friend lost rights to his and he seems not to even care about it. The father of my g/f son is a friend friend of mine, he gets it, he said to me many times if I gave up on my kids, he would disown me as a friend, he loved my boys, okay, I need to stop now. That's why that dream hit me hard, normally a dream is nothing to me.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,747 times
I dint know if this makes sense but; do dreams affect our subconscious, or does our subconscious affect our dreams?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:16 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,747 times
Sometimes I wonder, do our dreams affect our subconscious, or does our subconscious affect our dreams?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 PM

The latter for the most part. Dreams represent your minds innerworkings, and thoughts, and memories. I had a lucid dream not too long ago where I killed myself. Your imagination has a way of protraying things of the mind in weird ways, there are a few threads in Paranormal about dreams, and I'm sure here and the other section similar to this, I forgot what it was called, lol,,the other Phy- section.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:26 PM

Philosophy, duurr...

Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
This thread is making me want to cry!

But no, i've never had this. I have woken up very ANGRY reliving trauma that other people have done to me. It sucks. Muscles all tense. Not a good way to start the day.

And more than once, within the past few years since some trauma resurfaced, i've had a dream that woke me up literally with a "BANG!" going off in my head and the dream was that someone shot me in the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
. . . . In the other dream I was trying to save a cow from a fight with a pigeon and I ended up breaking both their beaks off by accident - weird but horrifying.
I've had a version of this at least 5xs. But mine is a dog w the snout broken and hollow of skull of a cat. Horrifying indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I dint know if this makes sense but; do dreams affect our subconscious, or does our subconscious affect our dreams?
I wonder this too. I certainly don't wake up "happy" after a bad dream and i think it can be a perpetuating cycle. . . .

Old 02-05-2015, 01:27 AM

47 posts, read 43,704 times
I only recall one dream that made me cry.

We own ferrets, & my very first ferret, Ariel, was a very special, loving little girl. She was a tiny little thing (not much over a pound), w/ a HUGE personality. Even our vet said she was the prettiest ferret he'd ever seen, & he was a ferret owner himself.

Ariel died of cancer at age 6.5. It had spread to her brain, & even though she could barely walk, she still wanted to play w/ me. I was devastated when we had to let her go.

A few wks later, I had a dream that Ariel had *not* died, but that some people had stolen her. They showed her to me, & were laughing cos they had her, & I didn't. Ariel was crying & trying to come to me, but the people who had her, had her on a leash, & they kept yanking her back away from me & laughing.

I was sobbing when I woke up. The dream was so real, & Ariel was my baby.

That was about 8 yrs ago, & thinking of it still makes me tear up. :'(

Lin

Old 02-05-2015, 07:00 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
lots of times...I'm a vivid dreamer.

This morning I had a torturous locked in dream for over an hour. It was hell. No crying, just a lot of asking people if I was actually awake this time

Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,122 times
I wake up crying at least 3 or 4 times a year. A real hard cry, too, tears and all. But the weird thing is, there is never a dream to go with it. Can't explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology