Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:30 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times

Advertisements

Last night, I dreamed that there was a young fat lady that kept coming in and singing every night in what appeared to be a piano lounge. At one point, somebody asked me to play the piano and gave me the sheet music for The Entertainer. I was worried about how I'd sound since I rarely practice. Suddenly I noticed the singer was wearing one of my favorite blouses, and then as I thought back about the previous nights I'd seen her, it dawned on me that she'd been going into my closet each night to pick something new to wear (which is odd, since I wore a much smaller size). I confronted her, and she complained that she wouldn't have anything to wear otherwise. The only other part I remember well is where I opened my front door and saw a baby alligator in a bush. I picked it up, and it immediately tried to bite me. I was trying to hold its mouth shut and went upstairs to show my teenaged daughter. I saw that she was making me an ice cream cone with two scoops of chocolate. Before I could react, the alligator violently yanked its jaws out of my grip, spun its head around, and snapped down on the ice cream. It had taken a huge bite, unintentionally of course, of my cone. I started to laugh, which woke me from my dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 05:50 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,577 times
I used to have the weirdest dreams, but they suddently stopped some years ago. Now I have pretty common ones.

I wrote a few down, but they're alien to me. I can't remember them at all, it's almost as if they're someone else's dreams.
So I'll just describe one that I remember having... maybe 5 years ago.

I wanted to leave whatever place I was at, so I was traveling by foot. I loved the landscape, there's green grass and it's cloudy, almosty about to rain. I think I had to reach a train station, and if memory serves me well, I'm following the train tracks.
At some point I get on a train, but instead of riding like a normal person I'm riding on top of the train, dodging stuff. Then the tracks stop existing, and everyone jumps off the train, but I stay, and as it turns out the train doesn't wreck, it just keeps going.
We enters a huge, dark cave, and somehow I learn that we're under a hospital. Why is this importan? Well, it isn't, 'cause I'll never get to said hospital. But knowing this somehow makes me feel a little more scared.

I will, however, get off the train and walk around this underground place. And then there's a green monster kind of like flubber mixed with Earthworm Jim and obviously, he wants to kill me.

The dream ends shortly after.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:10 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,983,944 times
Wow, poodlestix, that's quite an alligator dream.

I've had a lot of weird or odd dreams over the years but have forgotten most of them. Here are a couple I remember.

A few months ago I was being chased by 'walkers' aka 'biters'. The previous evening I had binge watched a couple of Walking Dead episodes on Netflix, so no surprise there.

I had a dream that the airplane I was in was crashing into the ocean. Had that dream at about 1:30am the day I was going to be getting up early to catch one of the early flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico from Miami on September 10th, 2001. The dream was so vivid and real that it woke me up - wide awake in fact. I had to decide whether to try to postpone the flight even though I had a non-refundable ticket, and wait who knows how long before I could afford to fly down to the island to get my belongings that were still stored at a friend's house from when I had lived there, or just go ahead and ignore the possible warning I received in a dream. I'm very spiritual so felt it could have very well been a warning from above. To this day I don't know how I could have ignored it but I did. I took the flight, the following day 9/11 happened, and I was stuck on the island for three extra days on the phone half the time seeing if my flight was still scheduled, invariably getting a new one, calling the next day and waiting on hold for hours only to be told that one was cancelled also. One of the reasons I didn't cancel it was because in the dream I was on the right side of the plane about halfway back with a window seat, and I knew I was to be in the back row in the middle seat on a full flight.

On a lighter note, one night about a year or so ago I had two short dreams that included Laurel and Hardy. In the first dream or skit Laurel and Hardy were on the side of the road on a hill changing their tire, and there was a sidewalk going up the hill as well. They saw two beautiful girls walking and getting closer to them so 'The Boys' decide they are going to try impressing them by acting like they were talking in German to them, even though they didn't actually speak German, with the belief that American girls like foreign guys when they speak their native language. So as the girls get closer Stanley walks closer to the sidewalk and says hello, and the girls are flattered at first and laughing, until 'The Boys' start pretending to talk in German, with Stanley telling the girls in English that he and Ollie don't speak English. The girls get very upset and start talking to each other in French saying they can't stand it when American men pretend to speak a foreign language in an effort to impress them. And of course Ollie gets mad at Stanley and blames him for screwing up there chances with the girls.

In the second dream I walked into a backyard to say hello to Stanley and I hadn't met Oliver yet, but Stanley said he was in changing into a specially designed swimsuit that would allow a person to swim while floating in the ocean. The ocean was just a little ways away from the backyard. Stanley said they had designed the suit and Oliver was going to test it out for the first time. I said that sounds too risky and they should test it out first in a pool. Stanley said no, Oliver wanted to test it in the ocean to prove it would work well. Oliver came outside finally, Stanley introduced us and told Oliver I thought they should test it out first, Oliver said no, he'll be fine testing it in the ocean. Then I pointed to the little kiddie pool close to us in the yard that was filled with water, and said, "Maybe you should test it in there first.". Oliver being much bigger than the kiddie pool obviously didn't like that suggestion and looked at me like I was an idiot making a fat joke. Then he went into the ocean wearing what was basically a swimming suit/floating device combo. And it worked well.

Probably better that I don't remember all of my dreams, but the ones with 'The Boys' in it were funny at the time.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:17 AM

2,026 posts, read 334,019 times
I had a dream that I went into Starbucks and ordered a blueberry muffin but instead they gave me a red velvet muffin (Starbucks doesn't even sell those....)
Then, I went home and walked into my house and someone threw a panda at me.

I know what you're thinking and I feel the same way.
I don't even wanna know.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:58 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Last night, I had the same type of dream to which I had referred in an earlier post.
As in the past, it had to do with someone who died recently, but who--in my dream--was still very much alive.

This person, with whom I last worked about 14 years ago, died of a heart attack earlier this year.
I was never friendly with him, and--in truth--I thought that he was an obnoxious person who would drive over his own grandmother in order to get ahead in life. You know--the office politician. Additionally, I couldn't respect him because of his flagrant marital infidelity. Essentially, I disliked virtually everything about him, except for his sense of humor.

Anyway, as in my past dreams, I encountered him while walking along the street, and I said something along the lines of...I thought that you were dead.
As with the deceased people whom I dreamed about in the past, he said something like...I just got tired of living in the same place, so I changed my name and moved away.
In the dream, he had died his hair (presumably in order to aid in assuming a new identity), but he was still recognizable.

When I have dreamed of similar scenarios with relatives and friends who died, I thought that it was fairly obvious that my dream was a manifestation of my inability to accept the deaths of these people. However, this person was not somebody whom I even liked, so...Why would I have a hard time accepting his passing?

Does anyone have any possible interpretations for me?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 AM

Wow, Ohio, creepy about the dream right before 9/11! I enjoyed your Laurel and Hardy dreams. Isn't it funny how our minds put on a movie for us every night? I wonder if you've incorporated them into your dreams more than once because your subconscious thinks it would be fun to have friends like them?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive Enchantment View Post
Then, I went home and walked into my house and someone threw a panda at me.
This part of your dream made me LOL!

Old 10-05-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
When I have dreamed of similar scenarios with relatives and friends who died, I thought that it was fairly obvious that my dream was a manifestation of my inability to accept the deaths of these people. However, this person was not somebody whom I even liked, so...Why would I have a hard time accepting his passing?

Does anyone have any possible interpretations for me?
Retriever, I wish I did have an interpretation, but this is baffling to me too. Before you dreamed about this person that you didn't like, I was inclined to think you were right on your theory about having a hard time accepting the deaths of your friends and family members.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:56 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
In the dream, he had died his hair (presumably in order to aid in assuming a new identity), but he was still recognizable.
Whoops!
I just noticed my error in what I had written above!
Clearly, I should have stated that he had dyed his hair.

I guess that writing about death caused me to type "died" instead of "dyed".

Old 10-05-2015, 07:04 AM

496 posts, read 552,988 times
Perhaps all the media coverage of Trump has gotten to your subconscious.

Quote:
Whoops!
I just noticed my error in what I had written above!
Clearly, I should have stated that he had dyed his hair.

I guess that writing about death caused me to type "died" instead of "dyed".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology