Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM

206 posts, read 303,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Does it matter? It shouldn't and that's the point.

If you are just coming to the realization then i'll help confirm it. Most people "including family" care more about themselves and their problems than they do about you.

Not to say they don't "care" but they are not going to go out of their way to help you when they have their own emptiness and problems they are dealing with to help you.

Once you accept that and move on you will be in a better place. Learn to love and take care of yourself.
well someone told me that people are capable of doing much more then they you think. its just that people are making choice to limit their love because they are selfish are only worried about their own seeds. they also said when it comes to helping its ok to do so, they said as a matter of fact if people do nothing for you then they are similar to strangers or might as well be. they said there is no reason to hang with them, they said to still love them but not act as if they are good family when their not.

do you agree with this person that told me this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:37 AM

894 posts, read 1,049,778 times
OP, I think for the time being you should forego dating and focus on getting yourself to a better place both spiritually and emotionally. Regarding your family, I understand how you feel. I recently went through some very difficult times as well and nobody in my family did anything to help me, despite the fact that I've helped them out on numerous occasions. Unfortunately the only behavior we can control in our life is our own. You have to let it go, no matter how much it hurts.

Remember that circumstances are temporary, there has to be at least one or two good things in your life that you can focus on. Things could be better, but they could also be a lot worse. Just keep getting up everyday and keep trying, things will work out eventually.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
A woman is a living, breathing human being with her own thoughts and goals and opinions, not just some prop to fill in the hole in your life that you've marked "girlfriend." Based on all of your threads, it sounds like you just need to "do you" for a while and stop looking to others to make you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
well when it comes to family how can they say they love me if they dont help me hard times?
What kind of help are you asking for that they're falling short on? Do you need a ride to the airport? Do you need a kidney?

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-01-2015 at 12:09 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
well when it comes to family how can they say they love me if they dont help me hard times?

No one is obligated to help you through what you consider hard times.

One can love you without it costing any amount of money.
You appear to equate the amount of love with an amount of money someone has or gives.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
i show my love by being there for others, if they call me ill be there. but why should i if they wont jump for me
Why should you? Because you LOVE them. Is everything conditional with you?

I am curious though...why do you seem to need so much help?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A woman is a living, breathing human being with her own thoughts and goals and opinions, not just some prop to fill in the hole in your life that you've marked "girlfriend." Based on all of your threads, it sounds like you just need to "do you" for a while and stop looking to others to make you happy.

What kind of help are you asking for that they're falling short on? Do you need a ride to the airport? Do you need a kidney?
ill tell you its "respect" love loyalty and to be there. me and my mom got kicked out of our place because the landlord sold the place out of no whereto a new company. we had to look for a place and we could not find one, so i tried to stay at my sisters for a week and she wanted me to leave. that make me feel like ****, my cousin lied to me acting like he cares about me and my health and where i would stay but he aint do anything to help me out.

but who do people communicate with when they need help... me !
you see the thing is many people about the things they went through and how they had no one. well look at how they are doing the same things that they feel others did to them or should i say didn't do.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No one is obligated to help you through what you consider hard times.

One can love you without it costing any amount of money.
You appear to equate the amount of love with an amount of money someone has or gives.
thats the thing, its they dont have to but it sounds like to me that when people dont have to they wont unless its for them. money has nothing to do with it its love ! love is the key, how about people not put themselves so high and help someone else.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:47 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,300,500 times
You need to learn to love yourself first, before you can love anyone else. Do whatever it is you got to do to pull yourself out of your slump. The love will come in time when you get your life together, no woman wants a man who is down and out with no self esteem. You may have to fake it till you make. Find your niche, find your thing and lose the poor me victim mentality. Life is hard sometimes, it's just the way it is.

A good place to start would be running. Go outside and run around the block. Tomorrow run a little farther. Then so on and so on. If you can't run, start by walking. You would get outside and get in better shape which is good for anyone's psyche. Go run around the park, you'll run into familiar faces after a while and perhaps even meet some one. Good luck and don't give up.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why should you? Because you LOVE them. Is everything conditional with you?

I am curious though...why do you seem to need so much help?
no its them, how is it me. i have loved and loved but people lacked respect for me. some women i was with mistreated me telling me i am too nice, or sometimes they wont say why.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 PM

12,831 posts, read 9,025,507 times
Please seek professional counseling. You need more help that strangers on a bulletin board can provide. From comments here and on your other threads, you sound like you are at risk. Call a help line. Now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology