Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 09:45 PM

162 posts, read 155,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This is a common problem with body dymorphic disorder. Someone is so unsatisfied with the way something looks that they get surgery to fix it. Needless to say, no matter how many surgeries they get, it will never be "fixed." I wonder if gender dysmorphia falls to the same problem.
BINGO! But the agenda say that we cis people can't question their decisions because we are "transphobic" if we do. I know a particular transwoman who does nothing but whine on facebook and post suicidal statuses about never being a true woman much like someone with Body Dysmorphic Disorder would do about not have perfect _____ or multiple body parts. Methinks there is a definite correllation. But no don't tell anyone that. During my worst days suffering from BDD people still told me it's all in my head. Even the most liberal minded people. Tell a trans person that they may want to reconsider the deeper psychological issues and you get slapped with a hate crime. Many of them are amazing people who have been through hell and back dealing with dysphoria and need to be treated like human beings. But no surgeons love exploiting people with gender dysphoria because they can take advantage of their fragile mental state and most trans people will do whatever is possible in order to be the opposite gender. It's pretty sick and manipulative if you ask me but *sips tea* none of my business. I don't really care what people do to their bodies but ignoring the fact that there are two sides to every agenda and situation is plain ignorant and SJWs on the internet are becoming the biggest bullies lately regarding trans issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 09:45 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
These people dont kill themselves at 20 X the norm because of their pill regimen. Johns Hopkins, the pioneers of this surgery no longer preform this sad mutilation and consider gender dysphoria a problem requiring physiological intervention.
So what are you activists waiting for ?
Time to get those Doctors fired.
They no longer perform a life saving surgery due to the bigotry of a conservative Catholic doctor who put his religion before his oath as a physician.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:48 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Default The new black list is pink.um

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know if the guy is Catholic or what he is. Just posted that since they had the interview.

Transgender people need to take hormones, etc for the rest of their lives, if they stop it's bad on their body. I can see why they would want to kill themselves. This isn't as easy as getting one operation.
These people dont kill themselves at 20 X the norm because of their pill regimen. Johns Hopkins, the pioneers of this surgery no longer preform this sad mutilation and consider gender dysphoria a problem requiring physiological intervention.
So what are you activists waiting for ?
Time to get those Doctors fired.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:50 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know if the guy is Catholic or what he is. Just posted that since they had the interview.

Transgender people need to take hormones, etc for the rest of their lives, if they stop it's bad on their body. I can see why they would want to kill themselves. This isn't as easy as getting one operation.
This is a fad of "anything goes" along with gay marriage. The latter may well be constitutionally protected, courtesy of the "full faith and credit" clause with basically requires states to honor official acts of other states.

But this acceptance of what would, for most of man's history have been considered bizarre is motivated by political correctness, and no sense of right and wrong.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:05 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
[quote=Wynternight;39920416]They no longer perform a life saving surgery due to the bigotry of a conservative Catholic doctor who put his religion before his oath as a physician.

Its obvious what needs to be done. Call the gay lobby and have the guy fired.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
They no longer perform a life saving surgery due to the bigotry of a conservative Catholic doctor who put his religion before his oath as a physician.
You really think it saves lives? Is the 5th nose job of another dysphoria sufferer life saving too? If so I want all my plastic surgery funded by the govt. so it can save my life too if I can't beat them, join them!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,768,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
BINGO! But the agenda say that we cis people can't question their decisions because we are "transphobic" if we do. I know a particular transwoman who does nothing but whine on facebook and post suicidal statuses about never being a true woman much like someone with Body Dysmorphic Disorder would do about not have perfect _____ or multiple body parts. Methinks there is a definite correllation. But no don't tell anyone that. During my worst days suffering from BDD people still told me it's all in my head. Even the most liberal minded people. Tell a trans person that they may want to reconsider the deeper psychological issues and you get slapped with a hate crime. Many of them are amazing people who have been through hell and back dealing with dysphoria and need to be treated like human beings. But no surgeons love exploiting people with gender dysphoria because they can take advantage of their fragile mental state and most trans people will do whatever is possible in order to be the opposite gender. It's pretty sick and manipulative if you ask me but *sips tea* none of my business. I don't really care what people do to their bodies but ignoring the fact that there are two sides to every agenda and situation is plain ignorant and SJWs on the internet are becoming the biggest bullies lately regarding trans issues.
veretina, I find your posts enlightening. Thanks.

But they would be easier to read if you parsed them into paragraphs.
.... and some commas would help too.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
veretina, I find your posts enlightening. Thanks.

But they would be easier to read if you parsed them into paragraphs.
.... and some commas would help too.
Sorry, I get hyper and forget grammar sometimes!

Old 06-07-2015, 11:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I'm confused as to what you think the reason transgender people kill them self is. Are you saying they do it because of the hormones or?
It has to be horrible to have a body that does not match ones feelings. I feel sorry for him. Like anorexia.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This is a common problem with body dymorphic disorder. Someone is so unsatisfied with the way something looks that they get surgery to fix it. Needless to say, no matter how many surgeries they get, it will never be "fixed." I wonder if gender dysmorphia falls to the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
You really think it saves lives? Is the 5th nose job of another dysphoria sufferer life saving too? If so I want all my plastic surgery funded by the govt. so it can save my life too if I can't beat them, join them!
I did s bit if reading and I think though the two are in a similar family of disorders, they are still separate.

You can not change a person's brain to identify as another gender, just as you can't force it to be a different sexuality. It's ingrained at birth, it is how the person is wired. Men and woman's brains are made differently, we react and behave differently and it's inherent.
A transgender person must change their body to fit their mind in order to feel and reflect who they are.

BDD seems to focus on one or a few particular flaws (true or perceived) which are developed over time through bullying or insecurities and other external factors. Part of the treatment recommended is therapy.

I am betting there is a decnt percentage of transgenders that also have BDD. They transition, it's not what they envisioned, so they keep picking at themselves to be the perfect looking man or woman and are never satisfied. Those are the ones who wish they never transitioned or are unhappy afterwards.

There are many transgenders that transition and are perfectly happy with how they look and go on to lead happy lives, so being transgender doesn't mean you also have BDD.

I am not claiming to be an expert and I have not done extensive research YET, but this is my hypothesis and it makes sense to me as of now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology