Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:15 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
These kinds of questions--why is it that people do this thing?--are child like questions. It is the kind of question my kids asked when they were young. You are asking the wrong question. You need to ask, "How can learn from my mistakes?"
I already know the answer to your question. I am only asking why people don't understand the rebound effect as it pertains to everyday life. You missed the point. You don't look at the root cause of things and are short sighted, that is true childish behavior. Judging questions is also very immature on this forum.

The problems of this day are caused by ignorant, backward parenting. Thanks, for the representation.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 09-12-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Im going to come right out now and confess I don't actually understand OP's question.
That is good that you admit it. Not everyone is psychologically minded. Not sure it can be learned.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
Because nobody is as good as you?
Narcissism and true awareness are totally separate. I prefer the latter.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I'm not sure you're really talking about the "rebound effect," OP.

However, none of this has anything to do with people realizing that actions have consequences or that cause and effect are related. So I have no idea how the OP is connecting those ideas with "the rebound effect."

So, You are stating that the rebound effect as it pertains to everyday life and existence is not in any way related to cause and effect and consequences?

Are you sure you should be in this forum at all?

Old 09-12-2015, 02:39 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
So, You are stating that the rebound effect as it pertains to everyday life and existence is not in any way related to cause and effect and consequences?

Wow, you must be right. I probably have no right to be on this website because I know what the actual "rebound effect" is and I cannot follow your loose train of thought.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:

Well since TracySam actually works in the Mental Health/Psychology profession I think any rational person would put a greater weight on her opinion in this matter.

I've notice that every time you make a thread and someone makes a comment that you don't agree with you become disrespectful and condescending. All that is being said is that you're using the wrong terminology to describe the topic at hand.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:18 PM

657 posts, read 407,707 times
"Resilient", the up-side of rebound?

Old 09-15-2015, 07:20 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
Quote:
Every action has consequences in the fragile but malleable subjective life but why do people fail to realize cause and effect and brush it off with an "it is what it is mentality". Is the human mind incapable of objective reasoning? Maybe humans were only designed for subjective reasoning?
Life isn't as frail as you percieve. It's been around for millions of years.
You learn to survive by going with the flow, dealing with life's problem as they come along and try to deflect and bad circumstances by not putting yourself in harm's way.
It's a maturity solution.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Quote:
Dont worry so much, chit will happen. Just how you handle it makes who you are.
Yes it's true -- $#!t happens...but I take one aspect of the OP's question and wonder why more people don't understand that less $#!t might happen to them if THEY didn't start $#1t.....or that they could avoid some $#!t happening to them if they'd thought about their actions beforehand.

I have a co-worker, and friend actually, who wonders why people don't like her at work. The answer is: Because she can be a biotch, that's why. She can be curt and demanding. And SHE knows she's like that -- and STILL she wonders why people don't like her. She says well that's just how I am, I don't let people speak to me any kind of way and if they make a mistake I tell them...if they don't like it, too bad. Well then don't WONDER WHY......people think you're a biotch. You just said you know you can be one some times!! She's had words or testy exchanges with MULTITPLE people, and wondered why one boss automatically presumed SHE'd started the exchange? Oh, I don't know....maybe because you've had testy exchanges with almost everyone here?

THAT is one way I interpret the question about -- the rebound effect, cause-and effect, actions having consequences, the ripple effect pertaining to everyday life......whatever you want to call it.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:57 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
OP if you want CD to comment on a theory, could you perhaps explain that theory in laymans terms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology