Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 12:01 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
darlin if you want me to be, closer to you, get closer to me
lol..wut?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
Unlike birdwatching, manipulative jerk-watching is not a healthy hobby.

To strengthen yourself and recuperate from whatever trauma interrupted your life, work on getting some healthy hobbies like learning new skills and getting outdoors.

Don't peer too long into the abyss. It does peer back.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
lol..wut?
It's just a fun old song.

Good on you, moongirl.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Just an update, he's still contacting me. But its slowed down a lot. While it used to be all day, first thing in the morning, throughout the day, last thing at night, he's still initiating contact with me almost every day.

I thought he'd have gotten bored by now. Its been since May that he's been doing this. We have no plans to meet. I think he just gets lonely or bored and likes having a kind of virtual relationship. Some people don't want/can't handle normal relationships.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:01 PM

112 posts, read 103,404 times
It sounds excessive and OCD like

Old 12-22-2015, 02:16 PM

1,333 posts, read 883,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Moongirl, I was not in your other threads, but I concur with the people who say that this guy is unstable and potentially dangerous, and you need to cut him off. Be polite, but completely disengage.

It really sounds like you've encouraged this behavior, not just by laughing at his jokes and flirting, but just because you have maintained contact with him.

Dangerous predatory people will fish for victims by casting a lot of fishing lines. You bit. Not only did you bite, you're hanging on. All these red flags came up, but you minimize them, and you consider the concerns that others have expressed to you, but only for a moment, then you discount them and decide to ignore the red flags again.

We are not exaggerating or dramatizing when we give you these warnings, even though I'm sure you're convinced of that. This guy may be charming and humorous, but he is seriously dangerous. No one, NO ONE drops statements about double suicide just to be funny. No one who is not dangerously unstable spends that much time every day searching for songs to send to a woman they've never met.
Maybe I don't know the whole story...

From my understanding, some guy is sending her songs every day. Is this enough to indicate unstable and potentially dangerous behavior? Am I missing something?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I see. Sorry for doubting you

Yeah, the dude is weird. Tell him to go away if it concerns you.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 PM

Do you guys think its possible he masturbates to our banter? maybe that's what keeps him contacting me.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:59 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
maybe he is just lonely.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:24 PM

Maybe he is lonely... He says he has no friends. But he seems to do that on purpose from what he says. He says people bore him. Or maybe he is socially inept?

Maybe he just wants to talk to a female and I'm the only one who responds to him?

Old 12-22-2015, 04:30 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Do you guys think its possible he masturbates to our banter? maybe that's what keeps him contacting me.

Yes. Or clean his toenails, and pick his nose.

Your fascination with him is every bit as disturbing as him continuing to contact you.

If you want advice on what is healthy for you: Cease all contact with him.

If you are all into the mutual fascination, and just keep us posted to 'stir the pot', then just ask him. He'll get all 'spun up' again, and you'll have more 'fascinating' -- if unwholesome -- drama in your life.

Either get free of him. Or don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology