Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:27 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well sadly, this has been something going on for eons. It would be said a boy was encouraged to do so, would not be "asked where he had been", that a father would be secretly proud - (thinking which is passed down to males). Where a daughter was to be held back from engaging in sexual activity. Even after the Sexual Revolution and the "Pill" that was to promote sexual equality and freedom for females, the "double standard" seems to prevail.

I recall a story a few years ago on "Dr. Phil", regarding cases of girls "satisfying boys" in school bathrooms. The idea had been to motivate girls into doing this, because after all, it "was not sex and could not cause pregnancy, so why not?" (Or some such reasoning). The boys and girls involved in this case were there and Dr. Phil asked the girls about what they had done. Their attitude was nonchalant, wanting to "fit in", since this had "become a trend", apparently. (This is what it had evolved to). When Dr. Phil asked the boys about it and if these would be girls they would "bring home to meet parents", they reacted with disdain and laughter, glancing at each other - creating embarrassment and shame in the girls. (Dr. Phil I think was just wanting the girls to hear it for themselves).

This kind of thing continues and of course males want to, will be told "certain girls will", and if another girl gives in to a boy she likes, well, then she is considered poorly. A guy may tell a girl what she wants to hear to gain access. Overall, females are still "unable to explore sexuality" without being looked down upon, but a guy can freely roam the countryside.

We have seen topics here by young, working women questioning if they "should or should not have sex" with someone they are getting to know. They have the desire, but women are usually hoping for relationships and have seen comments here where men say they "want sex initially, no matter what". It's not looking good for women and makes me think of how it was no different in years past. So what is being done to encourage an even-playing field, instead of alienating the sexes this way? (It amazes me how at this stage, things are still not progressing).

It won't let me just keep repping you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 10:12 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Testosterone.
Yep. It's really that simple.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:14 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Link that with male hormones and it's "just an excuse for behaving badly".

Place it in the post-Feminist age and we're less than human, ugly animals who are barely house-trained.
... And apparently "obsessed" with sex.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:18 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... And apparently "obsessed" with sex.
The word itself suggests an ugliness that isn't realistic; but to say we are often preoccupied isn't out of the question, it's merely a question of degrees.

The difference lies in display.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:34 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I read some of the article, and its typical liberal junk from Psychologists. Its not just over intellectualization of a basic fundamental biological drive that is universal, no matter what place or time in human history. To buy this junk you'd have to say that males are always been raised wrongly. It also is liberal junk because it brands men as defective, because they are in their words, obsessed. That is too say, defective, because they have a very basic urge that God gave them.

As one poster said, there's a basic fundamental answer to this question. Testosterone. A very powerful hormone. Women too are greatly affected by the amount of this hormone in their system.
I think it is more of a "feminist" junk from Psychologists. Men are shown to be raised improperly and having an unhealthy obssession with sex. Therefore they could be cured by very helpful Psychologists who will prescribe very helpful medications. For which they will get very nice kickbacks from the drug companies. That will allow these helpful Psychologists to have million dollar apartments/houses and spend August abroad.

And of course that "treatment" will cure men from wanting sex and just about everything else in life...

Old 10-27-2015, 10:59 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I read some of the article, and its typical liberal junk from Psychologists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I think it is more of a "feminist" junk from Psychologists.
The article is neither "liberal" nor "feminist."

It's just plain junk, taken from a book that, if it's more of the same, is probably just plain junk, too. No need to politicize it.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Why Diss is obsessed with sex in a nutshell; I've never had it.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:12 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Why Diss is obsessed with sex in a nutshell; I've never had it.

Can't be all that obsessed about it then, otherwise you'd just go do it like 95% of people do.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:19 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can't be all that obsessed about it then, otherwise you'd just go do it like 95% of people do.
I'd have to find a willing partner, which contrary to popular opinion is not easy for me.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:30 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Or you could just ask him.
Nah, better to read the book so you'll know why he isn't answering your question.

Amazing what a woman can learn about men . . .quite a wake-up call, and a positive wake-up call!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology