Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, and it's not "an article," like it's some kind of reputable source. It's a blog post taken from a mediocre book (based on the theories of two people) that was written 15 years ago.

I take exception with the entire premise that boys are taught that relationships are "built on sex."

Besides, anyone who doesn't think girls also are "subjected to continuous conditioning to repress sensuality, numb feelings, ignore our bodies, separate from our natural closeness with our fellow humans" hasn't been paying attention.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 03:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,448,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The reason I labeled it "liberal" junk from the Psychologist, is that it comes from a liberal, feminist mindset, which is what our culture is immersed in. Its has nothing to do with politics, Democrat Republican. There are plenty of liberals in the Republican camp. Instead, liberal influence is all over the feminist agenda, which is why they are such good friends. They both embrace more govt. programs for women, more favorable treatment for women in divorce laws, affirmative action programs for women, quotas, more special programs for women in Universities, like Women's Studies, and the "Yes means Yes" laws in Calif.

From their point of view, men are the defective ones that need to be fixed. This is why some men are basically dropping out of society, not working to get a great job so he can support a wife and kids. They're going MGTOW. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a Google search on MGtow or watch YouTube as there are a ton of videos on Youtube about this topic.

Well THAT certainly will fix them.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:28 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
I wouldn't say obsessed as most of them are "preoccupied" with it.

I do agree there is more pressure on men to lose their virginity and they are often looked at by their peers as "studs" when they have slept with multiple women. However, I believe most of them just WANT to do it to satisfy themselves and because they like the woman they are with or seeing. If anyone feels pressured to do anything, it is ultimately up to them to "rise above" it and make their own decisions.

Both genders have their struggles with it. It's nothing to really analyze.

I honestly don't care about other people's sex lives.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:38 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,393,606 times
Who cares why when the real question is how to make good use of it.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:59 PM

951 posts, read 1,451,630 times
Men produces sperm all the time that's why

women?

nope, they after the emotions, caressing, nice words and all

but 1% of women act and think like men when it comes to sex but I never met them

Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,918,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Men produces sperm all the time that's why

women?

nope, they after the emotions, caressing, nice words and all

but 1% of women act and think like men when it comes to sex but I never met them
Get older. They will.

Most women I have relationships with (meaning we see each other exclusively for a longer period of time) are as interested in sex as I am. And I've always been interested a lot.

Even at 64. No drugs required. Mostly I date are 10-16 years younger than me, in their prime. Obviously I must be offering them something, and I am not rich. Respect goes a long way. A true interest in THEM goes a long way. Helping out and not expecting anything goes a long way. Listening, really listening to what they are saying goes a long way. Never pressuring and never expecting goes a long way. Doing the unexpected goes a long way.

A sexual partner is easy to find.

A partner that will be involved in all aspects of your life for a long term, that is a bit harder. But sex? Truly, there is no problem finding a person that way.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Pray that they keep the addiction
The day they are healed
The roles switch
they will no longer be slave and u master

Old 10-27-2015, 05:53 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Since the subject is something often surfacing here, I thought I would post an article I found. This is interesting and thorough and feel it will allow for a better understanding, for both men and women. I know it is lengthy, but I think you may find it worthwhile. It gave me a better perspective and compassion in regards to how men develop and thought some of you may appreciate it, also.

I am posting it within relationships, but know it could be placed within Psychology.

This is the link to an article regarding why men have an obsession with sex:

Why Men Are So Obsessed With Sex - Interchange Counseling InstituteInterchange Counseling Institute
In societies like some tribal societies where the men share their women there are no such thing as sexual obsession. Sexual obsession comes from a society where sex is power and women are power hungry by using their bodies as power chips. This enabled some men in the society to behave like ravenous sex predator that we call rapists. By depriving men of sex, the more men becomes obsessed with it. I think we need to get rid monogamy and marriages shouldn't have so much limitations. Both men and women are naturally curious sexually. It makes no sense in today's worlds that we limit ourselves and deprive ourselves from seeking other sexual partners. This society will be safer if relationships are open and not limited.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times
He is stating his opinions without providing any scientific material to back them up. He might be smart enough to earn a Doctorate of Psychology but if he thinks that males and females are biologically identical (and I'm not talking about appearance) at birth he's missing education in the formation stages of people and the underlying reasons for them.

I agree that this is more liberal propaganda than factual information. It doesn't surprise me that he struck out on his own and opened his own institute!

Old 10-27-2015, 11:23 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Since the subject is something often surfacing here, I thought I would post an article I found. This is interesting and thorough and feel it will allow for a better understanding, for both men and women. I know it is lengthy, but I think you may find it worthwhile. It gave me a better perspective and compassion in regards to how men develop and thought some of you may appreciate it, also.

I am posting it within relationships, but know it could be placed within Psychology.

This is the link to an article regarding why men have an obsession with sex:

Why Men Are So Obsessed With Sex - Interchange Counseling InstituteInterchange Counseling Institute
That idiot completely failed to mention the biological and instinctual reasons why men are driven to have sex and reproduce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology