Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 12:15 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times

Advertisements

I just turned 39 and I see a mental health professional a couple of times a year to keep myself in check. I am single, no kids was married for a couple of years ages ago.

My tolerance for other humans and sociability is getting to the point where I start wondering. It started out that i could only tolerate certain people, now i don't like any-one.

I have long time friends calling me up, "let's hang out" and all I am interested is alone time. I want sex from women. That's all I want. Talking to women, is the same category as talking to people, I prefer dogs.

A while ago, I asked myself if humanity was G-d's mistake, was confused why G-d created these annoying, vile creatures called humans.

I discuss stuff online, like on Citidata and facebook, but that is all my human contact outside of work.

I am not unhappy, I am happy, don't think I am depressed. I only started this thread because i recently turned 39, if there is a family in my future, I don't have much time to mess around, have to use this year to figure out my situation, because i am going to end up an odd, lonely old man pretty soon, if i don't figure it out.

I told some of this to my Shrink and he pretty much said get a dog, don't be alone.

remember when i said all I want from women is sex ? I am only attracted to women who at least 10 younger then me with an athletic body type. (in other words, "sex"). A female my age who has everything to be wife material, without the body of a 24 year old cheerleader does not get noticed by me.

I have a masters and work in STEM (meaning I am a bright guy, I took an IQ test that explained allot, 125-130 range).

What do you guys think ? Suggest ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 02:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Why would you think you should have a family if you can't even tolerate a "female" for anything but sex????

It sounds like you are just a misanthrope, and you should accept it and move forward with your dog.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:46 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Stop worrying about it. Stop paying shrinks to tell you to commit yourself to the care and feeding of a dog that you don't want. Ignore what people tell you on online forums (besides me).

Do not enter into a committed relationship and toss around words like "love" and "forever" unless you find someone with whom you really mean it. That person is out there, but you may or may not ever find her.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:01 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,759,383 times
Please do not get a dog unless want one. It will only make you (and the dog) unhappy.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Stop worrying about it. Stop paying shrinks to tell you to commit yourself to the care and feeding of a dog that you don't want. Ignore what people tell you on online forums (besides me).

Do not enter into a committed relationship and toss around words like "love" and "forever" unless you find someone with whom you really mean it. That person is out there, but you may or may not ever find her.
I like dogs, but my current apartment is to small for the size of a breed I would get. I should buy a house with a backyard and pay in monthly property taxes what I pay in rent now. Also since I am loner, dogs are very social and it takes more then just one person to interact with the dog.

lol, If I could get anywhere near a committed relationship... The concern is that I am progressing in the wrong direction.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:49 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,968 times
If it doesn't bother you, then it isn't really a problem... but does it bother you? Or are you just trying to understand yourself?

If there's a problem, it'd take more "unpacking" by a professional therapist, instead of us random anybodies on the Internet. All we can do is guess, and we don't have a lot of information.

Some people are just introverts who need a lot of alone time. Some people have to socialize a lot at work, and they haven't got much energy for it outside of work. And as for a family, well, some people aren't happy with the house in the suburbs with 2.5 kids and a Labrador... Is it what you really want? Do you long for more than what you have, do you want to make changes in your life?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:52 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,083 times
There is nothing wrong with never marrying and/or never having kids. It is not a life requirement. It seems that if you marry or have kids, that it will only end in them getting hurt and/or being abandoned by you. People require emotional attachment and interaction as well as you socially and physically being there. If you can't do those things, why would you want to bring children into this world and drag a woman along to only end up hurting them and causing them pain?? Pretty selfish.

If you get a dog, be committed for 10+ years and please ADOPT.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:32 PM

I have been postponing having children. I was postponing marriage as well. The thing is that there is no more time left to postpone.

If I am to have children I need to figure it out soon. If I wait for the right girl to come around I will be 80 by then, so need to do something more proactive I suppose.

Penny, my dog died of old age, I moved to a smaller place because the dog was old and slept all day

Old 11-09-2015, 09:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I just turned 39 and I see a mental health professional a couple of times a year to keep myself in check. I am single, no kids was married for a couple of years ages ago.

My tolerance for other humans and sociability is getting to the point where I start wondering. It started out that i could only tolerate certain people, now i don't like any-one.

I have long time friends calling me up, "let's hang out" and all I am interested is alone time. I want sex from women. That's all I want. Talking to women, is the same category as talking to people, I prefer dogs.

A while ago, I asked myself if humanity was G-d's mistake, was confused why G-d created these annoying, vile creatures called humans.

I discuss stuff online, like on Citidata and facebook, but that is all my human contact outside of work.

I am not unhappy, I am happy, don't think I am depressed. I only started this thread because i recently turned 39, if there is a family in my future, I don't have much time to mess around, have to use this year to figure out my situation, because i am going to end up an odd, lonely old man pretty soon, if i don't figure it out.

I told some of this to my Shrink and he pretty much said get a dog, don't be alone.

remember when i said all I want from women is sex ? I am only attracted to women who at least 10 younger then me with an athletic body type. (in other words, "sex"). A female my age who has everything to be wife material, without the body of a 24 year old cheerleader does not get noticed by me.

I have a masters and work in STEM (meaning I am a bright guy, I took an IQ test that explained allot, 125-130 range).

What do you guys think ? Suggest ?

Thanks
I think you don't sound very happy or emotionally healthy. Why don't you go back to your therapist?

Old 11-09-2015, 10:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I have been postponing having children. I was postponing marriage as well. The thing is that there is no more time left to postpone.

If I am to have children I need to figure it out soon. If I wait for the right girl to come around I will be 80 by then, so need to do something more proactive I suppose.

Penny, my dog died of old age, I moved to a smaller place because the dog was old and slept all day
Well, I'm glad you had a companion and that you can commit to a furry friend , but I am not understanding why you want to have children when you don't even like people....??? Children are incredibly demanding and they spend the first 5-7 years of their lives climbing all over you. The require constant attention as well. You don't even want to embark of the crazy stressful journey of parenthood with the RIGHT woman, just a woman. Again, you are just setting up a group of people for failure and pain and a lifetime of trauma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology