Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 07:24 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
moved to Florida. problem solved
Florida would be at the bottom of my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 06:33 PM

698 posts, read 2,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Florida would be at the bottom of my list.
It would be below the bottom of my list!

Old 12-18-2015, 02:44 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
moved to Florida. problem solved
My grandmother did that.

But we {MOH and I} don't much care for FL.

We'd rather Hawaii or maybe Georgia.

Maybe once we've officially retired. I then see us as "bihemispheral", summers here, winters warmer climes.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:46 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
And just think...the 22 of December 2015 is now only a few days away {the shortest day of the year}, and the days will start getting longer now!

Old 12-20-2015, 09:12 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
And just think...the 22 of December 2015 is now only a few days away {the shortest day of the year}, and the days will start getting longer now!

Yay! We are counting down to solstice in our house. Got all my solstice decorations up inside and out. My neighbors probably wonder why there are suns on my front lawn.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:06 AM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:

And Winter is non-existent this year for many areas of the US. I have to remind myself that it isn't October.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:50 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:

You sound like a Republican. The Republicans will tell you that man-caused global darkening will just reverse itself. We have lost around six hours of daylight in the last few months and it keeps getting worse by the day. The Republicans and the polluters, who should be called "darkness deniers" keep on saying there's no problem. These same people will tell you that climate change isn't a problem.

Obama saved the world from climate change in Paris. Thank G-d for that.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:48 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:

good attitude!!

im in maine and the two worst months are January and February then march it starts thawing out

so its only 8 weeks ...
and so far this year, its been mild,,, I love it!!! if this is global warming,,,,bring it on!! it will be 50 f xmas eve day!!

ive been thru the most miserable of winters I appreciate a mild one...

think of all the money saved in not plowing the roads,,,,,,all the salt and sand,,all the car accidents...and the millions of gallons of oil not being used because its mild,,, the flip side is the ski areas are hurting and folks that sell snowmobiles..

we play golf last weekend.... 3 ti es in December,,,thats great in maine!!
hopefully it continues to be mild..and we are playing in april...

a mild winter is also welcomed by the deer and moose herds,,,they wont starve to death in the deep snow

Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,290 times
For me, it's not just the darkness and lack of sunlight, it's the undaunting bitter cold in the true depths of winter. I'm in Canada, and where I live we usually get a cold streak that lasts for a week or two sometime mid- to end-January, where the daytime temps can plummet to -35C, sometimes going to -40C. I've been one who has never been able to tolerate cold temperatures very well, and the older I get, the more intolerant my body seems to become, so I wind up swaddling myself with so many layers of clothing that I look worse than Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story". On the days that I have to venture outdoors in this to get to work (two bus rides with long wait times in between, at unheated, flimsy bus shelters) I just stand there thinking, "I'll be indoors soon, I'll be indoors soon" and suffer. Oh, and I take my dog out before and after work too for his half-hour of run time. (btw, this dog is insane...the colder it gets, the more he absolutely LOVES it.) Once home in the evening I bundle up in front of the tv, turn on my electric fireplace and dream about the fact that spring will, at some point in the abominably long future, reappear.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:15 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
The white winter snow bothers me more than the dark winter months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology