Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:19 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
4 things....take your pick or do all of them...

1. Think of the 'bad' things about them...don't linger on the great stuff at this point.
2. Fill the void with another love interest
3. Find out what EFT is and do it a few times during the day
4. And this is the fastest...go to Whole Foods and for $10 get Motherwort...a tincture.
Do a dropper 2 xs a day for 3 days....but your heart
will be mended much sooner than that!
i will look into EFT, is it sort of like mindful meditation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 02:56 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Miss Hepburn !

Is this the EFT that you speak of ?

Emotional Freedom Technique

How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe | PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics | Official EFT Tutorial

http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/...at-is-eft.html

Old 12-08-2015, 03:35 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
thank you for the advice. I guess i feel the pressure too at 29 being close to 30 that i should be settling down soon, but this is just irrational thinking.

I had done really well for a while of not thinking about her and moving on but i saw her pop up on a dating site and it reignited all these old feelings i had.

I had also gone out with this other girl a couple of times that i really liked only for her to give me an excuse why she couldn't date me anymore which hurt, especially after i thought the dates had gone well.

Yeah it's funny you should mention this. Today I saw a guy in the store that reminded me of the one I still have feelings for. As soon as he started talking I was like "oh god!"

Even when you do move on, I think there will unfortunately be those feelings that linger there and will stay there until possibly you find "the one". They may only surface though through a trigger after a while.

It is irrational thinking I suppose but easy to feel that way. I guess you could look at it as I would much rather wait for the right person than rush into settling down with someone who's not for me. There is no age limit to finding love like there seems to be with a few other things.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:39 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What helps me tremendously is making a list. We tend to remember only the good stuff. I had a relationship that was just BAD but when it ended, my memory only wanted to see the few good moments we had, ignoring the months of fighting and pain.

Put down the pros and cons of the last relationship. You'll see there will be lots of negative things that happened and you didn't like. Concentrate on that and not the few good things.

Example
Pro: good looking, stable job, nice parents
con: snored, overly jealous, mean, bad with money ...
I will do the performance appraisal at my job, not in love.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:41 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I will do the performance appraisal at my job, not in love.
good for you if you don't need it. It helped me because he did a crappy job of being a bf.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
good for you if you don't need it. It helped me because he did a crappy job of being a bf.
i think it would be helpful, its still tough to get ur mind to see the negative while ur heart only wants to look at the positive.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i think it would be helpful, its still tough to get ur mind to see the negative while ur heart only wants to look at the positive.
Thats why writing it down and actually looking at it makes your mind realize the bad stuff. Keep looking at it every time you get weak and fantasize about the good moments.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:45 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I'd ask for help from guys who don't have the problem.
OK, here you go. Choose your amours carefully, and if you break up, they will exhibit the civility and respect that you loved them for in the first place.

One day, on the benches in front of the supermarket, I overheard a few of the down-and-outers chatting. One of them told another that he had seen his ex- downtown the other day. A few mild insults about her got passed around, and the guy who was her ex- said "Aw, she wasn't so bad. I couldn't give her what she wanted, so she got it from somebody else. God bless her."

Sometimes you hear wisdom from those you least expect it from.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-08-2015 at 07:53 PM..

Old 12-08-2015, 08:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
I had a break-up three years ago and try to get over her but cannot find anyone who I can get over her with. That is the main thing. You may think of him or her somedays despite the new lover, but that is natural with people you use to date.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Yes...EFT, first it was the (Dr.)Callahan Techniques...then TFT ...Touch Field Therapy...morphed into EFT...it is uncanny how
this tapping works...of course, it's a bit more than that.

But, as I always say ...''Don't believe me, please...see for yourself''.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology