Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 08:58 PM

245 posts, read 193,368 times

Advertisements

^^

No, it has nothing to do with my sister thinking my father will mess up her day. She is already inviting him (assuming he is not on a manic spell). It is about a consequence / revenge for him not getting his life straightened out and for what he has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 11:20 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Not really sure which sub forum this goes in. Is there a better one for this topic?!?

Mother refused to see it through my perspective and thought I was being selfish and trying to manipulate my sister and put her in a tough spot. She just couldnt believe I said that and was doing that to my sister.

It might appear that way but that was not my intentions at all.

I respect your feelings on this, and even agree with most of your thoughts. But....

It really, really is your sister's wedding, the one event in her life that will be all about HER (and her new husband). Yes, it will be awkward, and yes, it will be painful for your father. But I've a hunch that your father understands better than you do, and chances are that watching her get married is bigger to him than "giving her away". I think you should be with him during the wedding, to help him feel less alone.

If it backfires on your sister somehow, then let it backfire. She's a big girl now and is entitled to mistakes in her life. Let her fix them. But by all means, let her have Her Day in her own way.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:31 AM

I think a compromise is the best option.

If she is not to include my father, then no other man can walk her down the isle.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:49 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
I do not think this post is true. No one can be this big of a d-bag.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:51 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
I think a compromise is the best option.

If she is not to include my father, then no other man can walk her down the isle.

You still have do not appear to understand anything.

Your *principles* mean nothing on your Sister's Wedding Day
The day is not about you, it is about your Sister on HER Wedding Day
You have no place giving anyone ultimatums or telling them to compromise, it is your Sister's Wedding Day and she can have the guy who drives the local bus walk her down the aisle if she wants.
Look in the mirror and say to yourself over and over until you understand this:

"It is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is not about me, my opinions, thoughts or ideas.
It is my Sister's Wedding Day and what she wants to do is the most important and what counts.
It is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is my Sister's Wedding Day,
It is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is my Sister's Wedding Day,

Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You still have do not appear to understand anything.

Your *principles* mean nothing on your Sister's Wedding Day
The day is not about you, it is about your Sister on HER Wedding Day
You have no place giving anyone ultimatums or telling them to compromise, it is your Sister's Wedding Day and she can have the guy who drives the local bus walk her down the aisle if she wants.
Look in the mirror and say to yourself over and over until you understand this:

"It is my Sister's Wedding Day, it is not about me, my opinions, thoughts or ideas.
It is my Sister's Wedding Day and what she wants to do is the most important and what counts.
I want her to do what she wants. However, I am not sure I can attend and witness something I am completely against. Thats fine with me as she is a grown woman and has her own opinions on right and wrong. No hard feelings my way.

Not sure why you people think that just because something is not your event means you should be forced to attend and be apart of things you deem as wrong and immoral.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:41 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
I want her to do what she wants. However, I am not sure I can attend and witness something I am completely against. Thats fine with me as she is a grown woman and has her own opinions on right and wrong. No hard feelings my way.

Not sure why you people think that just because something is not your event means you should be forced to attend and be apart of things you deem as wrong and immoral.
You have got to be one of the most stubborn and obstinate posters I've seen on here in a while. You've been OVERWHELMINGLY told that you and your thought process on this is wrong.

"Wrong and immoral." LOL

Don't use words if you are unsure what they mean.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
You have got to be one of the most stubborn and obstinate posters I've seen on here in a while. You've been OVERWHELMINGLY told that you and your thought process on this is wrong.

"Wrong and immoral." LOL

Don't use words if you are unsure what they mean.
Who are we to tell other people what is wrong and right in their mind and heart? We all have different morals, principles and convictions. This is the reason why I will not hold any resentment to my sister no matter what she chooses. I have respect for anyone that sticks to their principals even if I do not agree with them.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:14 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Who are we to tell other people what is wrong and right in their mind and heart?
I don't know, who are you? You've told your sister that not having her dad walk her down the aisle is wrong and immoral.

Stop trying to pretend that you are speaking from any sort of moral standing on this issue. You most definitely are not.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I don't know, who are you? You've told your sister that not having her dad walk her down the aisle is wrong and immoral.

Stop trying to pretend that you are speaking from any sort of moral standing on this issue. You most definitely are not.
I told her it is wrong in my mind (hence my not wanting to be apart of it).

I am glad you have divine supernatural powers that allow you to read minds.

You special
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology