Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 01:08 AM

128 posts, read 138,929 times

Advertisements

When the man runs out of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 01:57 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,442,996 times
It can literally be anything experienced often or "enough" in relation to females actions that can trigger it.

I couldn't begin to list every single thing that would cause someone to begin to view a whole group of people in their own ways.
We all do this when we have a bias towards something. Think of this less as a gender hate issue and more of what it is in actuality....a personal bias.

You have to examine the root of the problem, not the branches if you want to understand clearly

Old 01-02-2016, 02:53 AM

947 posts, read 1,185,913 times
Don't give a damn what past a person has, there's never an excuse to hate a certain group of people.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:00 AM

128 posts, read 138,929 times
Women act on emotion, not logic, they can love you one day, and hate you the next.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,701,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
As a guy who's been there.. It's easy to be bitter when you've been rejected for 15 years. I've improved myself enough over the 5-6 years and I've changed my opinion on a lot of things but I still feel sorry for those guys, they're not all terrible people.

- The "Man up" culture really sucks - I've never seen a movie where a girl fights tooth and nail to save a guy. I've never read a book where a man gets to ask for help before any other option is exhausted. Sometimes it feels like a lot of men could just drop out of the world and no one would care. Having struggled with it myself, I think that's what drives a lot of men to bitterness or even suicide. Its a struggle to say anything about it. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, or make out my experience as a big deal. Asking for attention isnt something a man should do, right?

- I am expected to be one who engages in relationship. We are the men, you have to do all the approaching, planning, and make sure nothing is ever boring! Sometimes I wish for a girl who equally participates in relationship. Honestly, it gets exhausting. To us men, it seems like the life of being an average looking woman would be great. Constant reassurance and attention from your parents, peers and men. You can do things alone and not have to worry about looking like a "creep." Things like that..

There's lots of other reasons, being shy and skinny were my great obstacles. I've got a lot of figured out but it's a still a struggle, I really have a hard time lowering my walls. It's tough to be the unfiltered guy that only my family and close friends know! I feel like short guys have it rough IMO, I feel sorry for some of my friends that are only 5'2 - 5'8. Luckily I'm 6'1 but just listening to women I date and on these forums it would be pretty easy to bitter. It's not like they control that.
I agree with every word you typed and I will add to it.

It just seems like if you watch TV for enough time, you will see several instances of the American male being torn down. The American male typically looks like an idiot in most commericals, the woman is always portrayed to be superior and knows what she is doing. If you feel that society is constantly trying to downgrade you it is extremely difficult to resist the temptation to hate the other gender for it.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:04 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,606,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
Women act on emotion, not logic, they can love you one day, and hate you the next.
This describes every man I've ever dated. Give it a rest. Stop acting like the genders are so different, and chalk it up to the way people react when in relationships, because that's the truth.

People who think the way the poster that I quoted seems to think fail to realize that we behave differently in romantic relationships than we do in other relationships.

Besides, if what you said was true, gay men would have zero drama in their relationships.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:13 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,606,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I agree with every word you typed and I will add to it.

It just seems like if you watch TV for enough time, you will see several instances of the American male being torn down. The American male typically looks like an idiot in most commericals, the woman is always portrayed to be superior and knows what she is doing. If you feel that society is constantly trying to downgrade you it is extremely difficult to resist the temptation to hate the other gender for it.
Yes, because women have never experienced this. We've never been judged solely on our looks or watched constant examples in the media of how we are nothing unless we have a man and have babies. Doesn't make it ok for women to hate men because of these societal stereotypes, though, but those stereotypes have been going on a hell of a lot longer than the ones you describe.

I can't stand the type of portrayal you mention, either. Crappy shows like King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond--the wives on those shows are horrible people.

Most people in the world are a-holes at one time or another, though. It's got nothing to do with gender, race, religion, etc. The world is an overcrowded, noisy place, and no one is getting out alive. Just be ****ing nice to each other, people!! Christ almighty...

Old 01-02-2016, 09:13 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman McGuire View Post
If a man hates women in general, or if he at least has a certain amount of resentment towards them, what are the possible causes? What does it take to make a man come to feel that way? What would be considered understandable reasons?
- Entitlement
- Lack of a good father, strong father figure and/or quality male role model in his life during his kid years and early adulthood.
- Dysfunctional family/household/environment in general. There are many different ways that a family can be dysfunctional.

And probably many other possible reasons as others mentioned. That said, in most cases I think the ROOT of the problem originated during the guy's childhood. The "hating of all women" is a poisonous fruit of his that was borne later on, and it's probably one of multiple problematic fruits of his that span various aspects of his personal and professional life.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:43 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,298,336 times
I went through this phase a few times and it was bad. Even some of the women on this forum I don't care for or like at all for many reasons I will not name.. I saw women as enemies and didn't trust them at all. I would avoid them ignore them when they started talking to me. Whenever a woman did talk to me I would assume her motive was bad and immediately shut her down. The feeling is still there because I'm not the type of guy to see the good in people when we live in an uncaring world.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:48 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,055,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
This describes every man I've ever dated. Give it a rest. Stop acting like the genders are so different, and chalk it up to the way people react when in relationships, because that's the truth.

People who think the way the poster that I quoted seems to think fail to realize that we behave differently in romantic relationships than we do in other relationships.

Besides, if what you said was true, gay men would have zero drama in their relationships.
I really hate this feminist propaganda that much of the unthinking public accepts as fact.

Men and women are inherently different and respond differently in just about all situations. Women think differently than men because they are driven by different biologic imperatives. Women are not the same as men. Not even close. Not by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology