U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 04:49 AM

6,220 posts, read 2,881,927 times

Advertisements

These people buying powerball tickets are really getting on my nerves. I have to wade through them to get my New York paper flown into Florida. Ok so hubby bought tickets too. But, God thinking about winning stressed me out so bad it made me nauseous. I do not have time to manage that much money. We don't need it and how would I ever find people I could trust to manage it. I hope we don't win and that someone else does soon!!

Crap it is not supposed to be this cold in Fl. Its really annoying that I have a scheduled pedicure and have to wear flip flops when it is this cold. Not to mention do I need to put on heat in both zones for my huge house. Maybe I will just turn up the heat in one zone and see if it spreads to the other. Why is life so complicated!

On top of that the orchid my mother gave me for Christmas is really stressing me out. Now I have to look up how to take care of this 100 dollar potted plant because if all those buds drop off without blooming she will be all over my ass. Pfft, I'm supposed to spray it? Are you kidding me, now I have to go buy a freaking spray bottle. I'm retired, I don't have time or energy for this!

OMG its Tues. I have to straighten up for the housecleaners so they can clean and how am I supposed to sit on the lanai tomorrow out of their way when it is so cold? Maybe I'll just stay in the office or take a nap in one of my two guestrooms. They can clean those next time. But those beotches better clean those cobwebs off my ten foot ceilings that they left last time. It is so hard to find good help anymore!! And to think I was so stressed over what to give them for a Christmas tip. It is so freaking stressful having other people clean your house.

That reminds me why can my Mexican lawn people not remember to blow the bugs and cobwebs off my front door. Its in their freaking contract. Don't ask me if they are illegal, I do not know or want to know. They are very nice people, hard workers and I pay them more than minimum wage so nothing you say will guilt me about them!! You wouldn't pay the greedy American guy three times as much either! God I hope I never lose them, because otherwise I will have to rip out all the landscaping the previous people put in. No way I'm trimming all that jungle mess myself. Maybe I can just take Spanish lessons or use Google translator to talk to them once their kid goes away to college and is not around to translate anymore.

And the pool guy, sheesh. Why do I have to constantly point out that rust spot in the pool that he doesn't get clean. Yes I know I have hard water. I don't drink it because I have bottled water duh. Now I am going to have to buy that 2000 dollar water softener system to keep my pool clean? Oh well, it will probably make my hair and skin softer too. I guess its worth it.

So many problems with the people who work for me. Do they not understand I am retired and I don't want to be supervising them??!!! Jeez I might as well be working still!!

Its almost time for my coffee which is another aggravation. I have cleaned that stupid American branded Chinese made machine three times per the instructions with vinegar which smelled up the kitchen and the needs to be cleaned light is still on!! We gave these people all our manufacturing jobs and they cant make a decent product for the first world to save them! Is this my hard water or their crappy quality? Now I have to find the freaking manual or google why this is happening. I cant keep a coffee maker that has a light that indicates it needs cleaning even though the coffee tastes fine. Maybe I should just pitch it and go to target for a new one. God knows I am not going to Walmart with the people of Walmart!!

At least I have outsmarted these damn Chinese with the toaster. After buying three of the pieces of crap they made in 5 years, I finally found a Made in America website that will sell me a classic 1940's-1950's refurbished toaster for a few hundred dollars. Too bad they didn't make coffee makers then. The Chinese are really pissing me off. First they tank our stock market and then we have to deal with their crappy toasters and coffee makers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 AM

6,220 posts, read 2,881,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I have a nice fat dog and two pretty plump cats. In lot's of places, that would be dinner right there. But, no. In America we love our pets - not love to eat them. So, now I have to drive all the way to the supermarket to buy my dinner AND their's. Life just ain't fair, I'm telling you.

I hear you. My purebred scottie doesn't care for his organic dogfood so I picked up a burger for him on the way home. He was thrilled!

All I can say is when I go to bed, he better not be in my spot on the king size bed! Or if he is, he better move to the middle or bottom quick. Or at least move to where I have space and can pull the down comforter over me since I am scrimping on second zone heat at night!!

Give these beloved first world dogs an inch and they take a freaking mile!!! They could at least make themselves useful by generating some heat rather than hogging it!! Do they not realize how lucky they are?

Old 01-13-2016, 05:52 AM

479 posts, read 686,746 times
I hate it when tenants send me rent in the form of a money order, rather than a check. Money orders can't be deposited using my cell phone, so I actually have to drive all the way to the ATM to deposit them. Geez, I sound like an a-hole

Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 AM

5,294 posts, read 3,381,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
At least I have outsmarted these damn Chinese with the toaster. After buying three of the pieces of crap they made in 5 years, I finally found a Made in America website that will sell me a classic 1940's-1950's refurbished toaster for a few hundred dollars. Too bad they didn't make coffee makers then. The Chinese are really pissing me off. First they tank our stock market and then we have to deal with their crappy toasters and coffee makers.
http://www.theonion.com/article/chin...***-he-ma-1343

Old 01-13-2016, 09:02 AM

4,249 posts, read 4,224,310 times
I could rep every single one of these posts if the system allowed! If you've posted here, know that you've made me laugh and brightened my day!

Thank you one and all, and especially imagineAA for starting it. I think I love you

Old 01-13-2016, 11:18 AM

9,350 posts, read 5,381,516 times
stopped by Sonic (breakfast of champions) to get an order of french toast sticks on the way to work. I asked for an extra syrup. Got to work, and opened the bag....only one syrup. have you ever had to eat french toast sticks with just one syrup?! Needless to say I was I was devastated, having to ration the sticky, sugary goodness a lot more than I'd like to.

Entire day was ruined.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:24 AM

53,340 posts, read 52,413,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm panicking because I don't know kind of mouthwash am I supposed to buy when there are dozens of choices?
I just had a similar conversation with my sister the other day, but for real. She worked as an ER nurse during the cold war years, and a woman from one of the Iron Curtain countries was visiting American family. They took her to the mall to buy shoes.

The sight of so many stores with so many choices launched her into a panic attack, and they had to call an ambulance.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 AM

53,340 posts, read 52,413,313 times
Great thread. Hilarious posts.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:34 AM

35,121 posts, read 38,971,418 times
I have been secretly wondering if Mr. CSD has lost his marbles completely. A couple years ago I had to sit him down and tell him that he was putting his socks on the wrong foot first. He disagreed but told me that he would change just to make me happy. So, just a few days ago I caught him putting his socks on wrong *still*, he never did change, what am I going to do.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:44 AM

16,724 posts, read 14,178,050 times
I got a new pair of Converse for Christmas. Today was the first day I wore them because it's been muddy outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology