U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 09:12 AM

2,054 posts, read 1,011,539 times

Advertisements

I can't figure out what I want to have for lunch. My staff told, in my introductory meeting, it would be my responsibility to choose the lunch location each day. That hasn't always been the case, but I'm ok with making a decision where they have had issues in the past.

Most of the staff is not here today - including the person who normally picks up the lunches. Nothing in this part of the city is very appealing, so I'm really struggling today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 10:10 AM

2,618 posts, read 1,470,942 times
People had been pestering me with questions about who I was voting for, so I decided not to tell anybody anything. Now, all my friends and family who voted for Clinton think I voted for Trump, and those who voted for Trump think I voted for Clinton. I 'm still not telling anybody anything, 'cause its none of their business (tho I did give it away in an old post here on CD).

Old 11-09-2016, 11:37 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,110,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
People had been pestering me with questions about who I was voting for, so I decided not to tell anybody anything. Now, all my friends and family who voted for Clinton think I voted for Trump, and those who voted for Trump think I voted for Clinton. I 'm still not telling anybody anything, 'cause its none of their business (tho I did give it away in an old post here on CD).
I don't care who voted for what. I voted for Clinton.

I've posted a million times through predictions that Hillary was going to win this election! But then turns out she wins the popular vote. Now, that just freaking stinks because I was right. but just not electorally. Listen, I will never get involved in an election again. So, I get this news ( for 8 years) and still wrong. ( perfect) Just pissed- I'll get over it, I guess.

-----------------

As of 12:33 p.m. ET, Clinton had amassed 59,583,144 votes nationally, to Trump's 59,344,988 — a margin of 238,156 that puts Clinton on track to become the fifth U.S. presidential candidate to win the popular vote but lose the election.

Hillary Clinton Surpasses Donald Trump In Popular Vote Tally: Shades Of 2000? : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 11-09-2016, 03:46 PM

17,714 posts, read 21,864,450 times
Ahhhhh!!!!!! No politics in the funny thread please! This is my zen place!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 PM

43,172 posts, read 34,609,060 times
GAK - stop it with the politics!!!!!!!

My first world problem today is that my hair stylist left one little wispy thing too long on the side of my face. I kept thinking something was bothering me about the way I looked and I finally figured it out (well, the longish wispy thing is only ONE of the many things that bother me about the way I look but it's currently probably the easiest to fix).

So now I have to trim it myself and as simple as it sounds, I'm pretty sure I'll make matters somewhat worse. But I can't bear that one piece of hair looking stupid. I mean, it will look stupid when I'm done hacking at it too, but at least I'll feel like I took matters into my own hands and applied some sort of solution.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
GAK - stop it with the politics!!!!!!!

My first world problem today is that my hair stylist left one little wispy thing too long on the side of my face. I kept thinking something was bothering me about the way I looked and I finally figured it out (well, the longish wispy thing is only ONE of the many things that bother me about the way I look but it's currently probably the easiest to fix).

So now I have to trim it myself and as simple as it sounds, I'm pretty sure I'll make matters somewhat worse. But I can't bear that one piece of hair looking stupid. I mean, it will look stupid when I'm done hacking at it too, but at least I'll feel like I took matters into my own hands and applied some sort of solution.
I can't believe I am responding to this. I may have to turn in my man card...

Don't most reputable salons have a guarantee? If you are not happy with the cut, they'll fix it?

If not, I recommend hiring a hit man.

Or woman.

Person. Hit person.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:40 AM

9,224 posts, read 18,531,827 times
Okay this just happened to me AGAIN (I know I've posted it here before). I'd really like to know WHY this happens.

1. I log into a site that requires my username and password
2. My password is rejected saying it's invalid.
3. I know my password is correct, but on the slim chance I hit the wrong key, I try again.
4. My password is rejected saying it's invalid.
5. I dig up my list of written passwords, just in case I've had a small cerebral stroke and didn't realize it. Yep, I was sure my password was correct. I enter it again.
6. My password is rejected saying it's invalid.
7. I decide to choose the option for "forgot your password?" even though I KNOW I have not forgotten my password, but evidently the website has.
8. Site sends me an e-mail with a link to go to, to re-set my password.
9. I click the link, go to enter my "new" password, but use the old one, the one I've been trying to enter, that keeps getting rejected, because I like that password and I know I won't forget it.
10. It rejects my "new" password, saying I can't use the same password again. But you just said a few minutes ago, multiple times, that that was NOT my password!!!!

I know this happens to other people. But WHY WHY WHY????

Old 11-10-2016, 09:54 AM

I've had that happen, as well.

I do believe their are bots/hackers out there trying to figure out how to get into your account. Multiple attempts may result in your account being locked. As a result, some sites require you to change your password to proceed. Most password rules prohibit you from using a password you have used previously.

It's not a fun time, for sure. But the security does help. I'm amazed at the hacking attempts that go on every day and affect EVERYONE.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM

33,363 posts, read 40,819,899 times
Mrs. NBP just got home and yelled at me. I told her I didn't get groceries today (we really didn't need them), but that's not what she yelled at me about.

What happened was that I started doing some stuff outside, had lunch, and then didn't feel good.

She asked what I had for lunch and I told her, "corn chips". She then asked was else so I told her "more corn chips because I was still hungry".

That's when she yelled at me.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 PM

43,172 posts, read 34,609,060 times
Today I ate lunch at the regular time. It was a smallish lunch - but it was lunch.

Then I took my mom shopping - and my mom marches to the beat of a completely random drummer. She announced at 4 pm that she was starving for dinner. Well. My lunch HAD been smallish - but I wasn't really hungry yet.

But I went with her - and ate a hamburger AND french fries AND had a bigass soda. So I was STUFFED. At 4 pm.

Which is too early to be full. So I'm pretty sure I'll get weirdly hungry at about 11 pm and eat something else that's terrible for me - like ice cream. At midnight.

Then I'll be off my cud tomorrow morning.

Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology