Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
It annoys me when people call their husbands "hubby" or wifes "wifey".
Hubby, hubby, hubby, are you annoyed yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 03:36 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I am intensely bothered by the people who still have their Christmas lights up in mid-January.
My husband has a 1st world problem. One year, he decided to leave them up all year, and to leave them on all night too. I told him not to, because we had signed the HOA agreement where we promised we wouldn't. He ignored that, and we got a letter asking us politely to take them down. He was so mad.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Weatherman says real cold next week. I hate the cold. Of course, it's January (unless you live in the S. Hemisphere, in which case it's summer). But, of course it'll be cold...

Old 01-16-2016, 04:11 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Grrrrrrrr
Ah yes Mercedes-Benz service.

See you laugh, but a service manager told me one time he had to give those out to people because many are too lazy to mess the with the 123M buttons on the seat bolster. When I got my car back the seat was always in the right position because they just held down 1 and it went back where it was supposed to.

That's pretty first world. There is a technology where I can program 3 different seat configurations and store them to memory but.... that requires pushing a button then holding another down for 2 seconds.

Too much WORK.

I also overheard one time at the Mercedes service center. "Can you guys program my disatronic so I know how far I am from my garage wall"? "Well sir thats what Parktronic is for." Yeah but it gets me too close to the wall and then I have to risk scraping my leg on the license plate frame." "uhhhh...Well sir, you could stop at the the first second or third orange bar they roughly correlate with 6 inches." "Yeah but that doesn't give me a number." "I want it to show in the disatonic display." 'uhhhh let me get my manager."

Its very first world that someone would bend over backwards make something work how its not intended to work just for customer satisfaction.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I have a serious issue going on here, I ate 7 cream cheese filled jalapeno poppers and now the inside of my mouth, my tongue and my lips are numb..........LOL

Old 01-16-2016, 06:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
We rode along the waterfront in our Maserati, and the wind blew my hair because the top was down. I had to brush it before we could eat our lobster dinners. What a bother!

Old 01-16-2016, 07:24 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Which reminds me tomorrow I have to trade in my old Mercedes for new one, it is almost 3 weeks old and the gas tank is almost on empty. I'd hate to be stuck in an unsavory neighborhood when it reached empty.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:45 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Yes I know please forgive me, I just started to feel sensitive as I read through these. And I'll click away from this topic in just a sec. I do see the humor, but just imagine for a moment a bald, dying cancer patient in a room full of beauty queens who are complaining about having a bad hair day. It's psychologically painful to hear people complaining about their luxuries, even jokingly.

This topic was categorized accurately
Oh, lighten up. I live on $890/month in a low income senior facility and I still have 1st world problems. I bet you could come up with one.

My new one for today:

I got some more stuff delivered from Amazon Prime - but now I have to take out the boxes. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Drove 100 miles to Fargo yesterday to buy dog food for my wife's service dog (He will only eat "Taste of the Wild") they do not carry it locally.
This cracked me up! One of the things I got delivered today from Amazon Prime was Taste of the Wild dog food! I buy the salmon flavor. Free shipping!

Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Pacific Stream Canine Formula with Smoked Salmon, 15-Pound Bag: Dry Pet Food: Pet Supplies: Amazon.com

But, the box is so big and you have to carry it outside and put it into the recycling bin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

I feel your pain. My mother made party mix for me for xmas. Hubby calls it squirrel food, but he eats all the pecans and cashews out of it

I don't know if its grounds for divorce, but you can always claim irreconcilable differences.
Or a headache.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:33 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
I had to buy my dog a new Halloween costume because the neighbor kids wanted to know why he was wearing the same costume as the previous year.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:16 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I had to buy my dog a new Halloween costume because the neighbor kids wanted to know why he was wearing the same costume as the previous year.

That's nothing, I had to buy new Halloween music because the CD Hubby bought scared the snot out of neighbor kids and when he turned it on as they were all half way up the driveway they ran screaming away from our house. Then I had to go on a diet before January because I ate all the leftover candy.

Why is Halloween so complicated now? It used to be the easy/fun holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology