Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
There is a wintry mix here, which means the rain might start freezing. That can cause problems at the grocery store because water freezes.
Speaking of problems at the grocery store.

OK, no lie. The temps tonight are supposed to be (drum roll) BELOW FREEZING. To top this off, we may have some (drum roll) SLEET OR SNOW FLURRIES. No accumulation, mind you. Just some blowing around and some blustery cold weather.

So - Now I did what anyone should do I guess when the temps fall - I went outside and put this styrofoam thingies over the outside water faucets. That was a bit unpleasant, in the cold wet wind, but I survived. But when I passed the grocery store on my way home this afternoon, it was packed. I guarant-damn-tee ya they are now out of milk, toilet paper, and bread. What the heck? It's supposed to be in the fifties again in 48 hours or less. You'd think we were preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 04:06 AM

711 posts, read 1,506,439 times
I went to pay for gas and they told me they don't accept hundreds.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 1,535,591 times
I don't know what happened to my vase. I only had two, and I know where the small one is, but no idea what happened to the larger one. I don't think I ever saw it in this house, so it's possible that I got rid of it 7 years ago, but I don't remember. I don't even need it; I just want to know what happened to it.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
I threw a package of noodles out because I saw something that looked like a bug on the box. A WORM, to be more specific.
I refuse to eat worms anymore, man!

Old 12-08-2017, 10:54 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,845,049 times
I wear "drugstore readers", which I get at Dollar Tree for....uh....a dollar. I go in and buy ten at a time. So on Monday, I had 10 plus the 576 other ones that are somewhere in the house....somewhere.

Today, I'm looking for a pair. None on the table. None on the desk. None in the bathroom where I like to do my reading as nobody bothers me in there as nobody has the nasal fortitude to be in there with me. I did find my passport in there, which I've been looking for for days. I don't need a passport to go to the bathroom; I must have thought it would be nice to pretend I was crossing a border.

Eureka! There are eight pairs in my purse. Eight. That was at 8 a.m. this morning. By noon, there are none in my purse. There are now six pairs in the bathroom. And six pairs on the table. Which adds up to twelve, so two of the missing ones have crawled out from under the couch or FedEx dropped them off....or something.....

By 3 p.m., all have migrated from the bathroom to some undisclosed location, possibly Berzerkistan, perhaps they've developed a taste for lobster rolls and have gone to Maine. Maybe that's how my passport got in there; they were trying to get out the window and hightail it to Canada. There are still six pairs on the table, only because I put the spatter shield from the microwave over them to keep them from getting away.

It's now almost midnight and as far as I can tell, every pair except for the ones I'm current wearing have gone AWOL.
When...and IF...I find the little bastards, I'm going to tie jingle bells onto them. Let's see 'em try to hide THEN!

Oh, and I can't find my car keys.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Pom pom story time!

So - I found these really cute stockings on super duper sale and I decided to buy them for four grandkids who will be visiting us at Christmas. Good so far, right? So they were winter white with faux fur on the tops so they had good bones but were plain. So I decided to pimp them up a bit. So far - total investment: $30.

So I found really cute monogrammed initials - OK, those were $5 EACH. Price is slowly creeping up.

Then I found adorable pom pom trim. These are biggish stockings - I needed quite a bit of this pom pom trim. Total price for trim - ANOTHER $30!!!!!!

And of course, I had to do the whole prerequisite burning of the fingertips while hot gluing all this to the stockings.

So total cost of stockings - SANS contents which will need to be bought and added: $70. And burned fingers.

But they do look really cute.

And the motto of this story is: "NEVER BUY SOMETHING FOR $20 THAT YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME FOR $80 WORTH OF CRAFT SUPPLIES"

Old 12-09-2017, 11:17 AM

21 posts, read 14,024 times
My husband is torn between what set of mud tires to buy for his truck. At least he knows he’s fortunate enough to be able to afford such a luxury.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:03 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,936,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
I went to pay for gas and they told me they don't accept hundreds.
When I worked in Cleveland back in the early 1980s, few places accepted anything larger than a twenty. And yet, my bank wanted to give me fifties.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:13 PM

19,480 posts, read 24,954,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I wear "drugstore readers", which I get at Dollar Tree for....uh....a dollar. I go in and buy ten at a time. So on Monday, I had 10 plus the 576 other ones that are somewhere in the house....somewhere.

Today, I'm looking for a pair. None on the table. None on the desk. None in the bathroom where I like to do my reading as nobody bothers me in there as nobody has the nasal fortitude to be in there with me. I did find my passport in there, which I've been looking for for days. I don't need a passport to go to the bathroom; I must have thought it would be nice to pretend I was crossing a border.

Eureka! There are eight pairs in my purse. Eight. That was at 8 a.m. this morning. By noon, there are none in my purse. There are now six pairs in the bathroom. And six pairs on the table. Which adds up to twelve, so two of the missing ones have crawled out from under the couch or FedEx dropped them off....or something.....

By 3 p.m., all have migrated from the bathroom to some undisclosed location, possibly Berzerkistan, perhaps they've developed a taste for lobster rolls and have gone to Maine. Maybe that's how my passport got in there; they were trying to get out the window and hightail it to Canada. There are still six pairs on the table, only because I put the spatter shield from the microwave over them to keep them from getting away.

It's now almost midnight and as far as I can tell, every pair except for the ones I'm current wearing have gone AWOL.
When...and IF...I find the little bastards, I'm going to tie jingle bells onto them. Let's see 'em try to hide THEN!

Oh, and I can't find my car keys.
I loved your post!

Hey, I just found three readers under my couch cushions. Are they yours?

Old 12-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I loved your post!

Hey, I just found three readers under my couch cushions. Are they yours?
Possibly, possibly. Did you find my keys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology