U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 05:55 PM

1,892 posts, read 1,570,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
You know not the Pandora's box you have just unleashed!

You had me at whipped cream...you had me at whipped cream.........
I'll report back this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 11:59 AM

1,892 posts, read 1,570,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You can always make yourself something healthier, but still good.

Chocolate Almond Cake

12 tbl butter
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar (I would substitute half with baking stevia)
2 cups almond flour
2 tbls dutch cocoa poweder

Top with whipped cream

(healthier from the stand point it has less of the things you are trying to avoid )
Sorry if my low IQ is showing. But is there any oven/baking time and temp involved in this. Probably heading to Whole Foods tomorrow for the ingredients.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 3,258,807 times
Default Johnny Appleseed Disappoints The Arbor Day Folks

During a nine-year period in the '70s and early '80s, I planted 1,000 trees and let another section "go natural" so that Mother Nature could plant her trees. I wasn't a tree hugger. Motives were purely selfish, i.e., to reduce the amt. of grass mowing and also to establish a windbreak to the west and northwest.

Members of a local Arbor Day chapter heard about it and invited me to their meetings but I declined. They kept bugging me so I attended one. It was obvious that they placed fauna and flora above humans. E.g., they talked of how we owed so much to trees and yet how we abuse them. I just kept my trap shut.

They insisted that I contribute, so I told them how cruel we were to name a certain creature the lesser panda. In the first place, "lesser" is demeaning and probably results in feelings of inferiority. More importantly, they ain't related closely to pandas. Yes, they do eat their fair share of bamboo, and at one time were included in the family ursidae, same as giant panda, but the scientists now have them within their own taxonomic family. They are most closely related to skunks, although that might embarass them too. Anyway, I asked them how we would like it if we were classified as lesser sifakas or something, rather than humans/ homo sapiens.

Their response was ...... crickets .... not a peep, just crickets, accompanied by icy stares. They never invited me back.

Shame, because I would have brought up the injustices in calling the wombat a common wombat and naming a sweet liittle bird a tit.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:18 PM

29,680 posts, read 18,808,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Sorry if my low IQ is showing. But is there any oven/baking time and temp involved in this. Probably heading to Whole Foods tomorrow for the ingredients.
Yeah, I guess I should post the rest of it.... so here is my trivial first world problem for today....

It's from ATK magazine or something, so I can't cut and paste. I have to TYPE is out.

Wait... my Chrome Book has voice to speech....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 10-30-2018, 11:17 AM

513 posts, read 198,937 times
My peeve of the day is online passwords, and the fact that you have to create slight variations of your password to conform with the different specifications of every site, to the point where you can never remember any of them. Then comes a day where you need to re-enter one and your day becomes chaotic.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:58 PM
bjh

28,202 posts, read 23,293,959 times
Places that start playing holiday music too soon.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:24 PM

10,707 posts, read 6,754,133 times
I bought too much candy. It was cold, and we didn't have that many trick-or-treaters the other night, so now I have a ton of candy. I really don't need this much candy in my life.

What makes it even worse is that my son knows that they mark down the candy after the holiday, so he wants to go buy even more just because it's cheap.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:47 AM
Status: "POTUS Trump promises - not hot air" (set 20 days ago)

14,435 posts, read 5,709,105 times
I woke up in the middle of the night. The computer was set to 4:00 a.m. and the clock on the wall said 5:00 a.m. I can't figure out why.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:04 AM

2,023 posts, read 735,665 times
electric toothbrush does not take a charge anymore

Old 11-04-2018, 06:47 AM

1,260 posts, read 389,235 times
can't get my clock to sync for daylight savings/fall back last night. It says 8:13, but it's really 7:46. I've been messing around with hit, but it doesn't like me.

And:
I made brownies and put a walnut on top for each square that I would cut when were done.
For some reason, they sank, so now I don['t have a pretty walnut on top. boo hoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology