Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 06:59 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I dropped my iron on the floor and for the past two days, it has been trying to stick to my pants when I iron them. It's a good thing I turn them inside out when I iron them or I would have had to toss them. Guess I will be buying a new iron.
Did the iron hit the carpet? Clean it. Why waste money on new one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Actually, this is a more common Third and Second World problem. The massive number of poor, uneducated people gives many lower and solidly middle class people the ability to hire help, including cleaners/maids, on a regular basis. More common than found here, at least for most of the country.
Yeah? Perhaps they don't tell anyone. I have cleaning lady coming bimonthly to help with deep cleaning, her husband is taking care of the lawn. Most of my friends have some hired help too. Definitely middle class. Help is still pretty cheap here and no problem at all.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:03 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I only took 28 selfies today and didn't really like any of them so I got a new $1200 phone and selfie stick. #winning!
K.kardashian,is that you?

Old 02-16-2019, 01:43 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,240 times
I am bored.

Truly a first world problem.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiloui View Post
When my husband is around food he does not remember eating before ,he'll ask me," do I like this"?
Bummer - you mean you have to keep up with what he likes and dislikes as well as what you like and dislike? That seems sort of like a lot of work to me.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
I am bored.

Truly a first world problem.
This!!! Sadly.
People seem to have no interests beside eat, sleep, and work long hours to make tons of money then go shopping and spend them all.
Personally, I don't know anyone who has any meaningful, serious hobby...

Old 02-17-2019, 03:39 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I did that recently, bought a pair of new tennis shoes, or runners or athletic shoes, not sure what the name is exactly. When I grew up those types of shoes were called "tennis shoes" even though I have only played tennis a handful of times, but, I digress.

I went and picked up some of the "shoes" and I was all jazzed that I got a good deal, like 25% off so I was happier than a pig in mud.

I get home and started looking at my old shoes and I realized that it's the exact same brand, same color, same everything. LOL

I felt a slight wave of annoyance, but I actually did sort of murmur to myself, "well, at least I know what I like and am consistent."

Funny stuff. I don't know if it's a man thing or just I happen to be similar to your husband that way.
With sneakers, tennies, etc. I do that on purpose beforehand. When I find ones I like I'll buy a few pair.

One for now, when they're worn, toss 'em and get out the next pair.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
With sneakers, tennies, etc. I do that on purpose beforehand. When I find ones I like I'll buy a few pair.

One for now, when they're worn, toss 'em and get out the next pair.
I left the old pair out for the rodent like lagomorph, but she wasn't biting, no pun intended.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:27 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiloui View Post
When my husband is around food he does not remember eating before ,he'll ask me," do I like this"?
It kind of reminds me of my husband, who is always messing up his computer, or the printer, or his phone, and expecting me to fix it. He will use me for a crutch, if I let him. I was his office manager for 20+ years and he keeps forgetting I don’t work for him anymore.

I have an acquaintance whose loser son still lives with them, and she cuts his meat.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I have two sorts of cookies in my house and I don't know which one I'm most in the mood for - and they are totally different. One sort is a lemon wafer type with lemon filling - mmmmm, melt in your mouth. The other is Girl Scout Thin Meth, I mean Thin Mints...and we all know about those Girl Scout cookies.

So tonight I had cookies for dinner. Not particularly satisfying on one hand, but delicious all the same. But now I'm hungry again and I'm pretty sure I had about 800 calories in cookies already so basically I just need to go straight to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology