Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 05:26 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,889,092 times

Advertisements

I hate whenever Alex Trebek pronounces French words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 06:07 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
It's true! It makes a "schtuuuup, schtuuuup, schtuppity schtup" noise.
lmao. I always wondered how to spell those sounds...

Old 08-09-2016, 07:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
The Braum's whipping cream is OK. I ate some yesterday and I didn't die.

First World Problem of today: My new palazzo pants make me look fat. Wait - maybe it's not the pants.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The Braum's whipping cream is OK. I ate some yesterday and I didn't die.

First World Problem of today: My new palazzo pants make me look fat. Wait - maybe it's not the pants.
So...how many bottles of whipped cream did you buy?

Not saying there is any correlation to the pants issue, mind you.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
We've put all sorts of effort into getting decent streaming wifi into a TV. After many steps and (mis)adventures, DH finally got fed up and sent back our Comcast router, and bought a new one. Last year we had a cable run under out house directly to the TV, and this year DH got our "frequency" changed. I still get dropped wifi signals on my IPad. The signal disappears for short periods and then reappears.

So, DH found a nicely priced frequency extender at Costco, and tried to install it. No go. It won't work with our new encrypted router. So, the saga continues.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So...how many bottles of whipped cream did you buy?

Not saying there is any correlation to the pants issue, mind you.
Just one. But it was a large one.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:04 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
I hate this website trend where you go to a website address and the site goes basically blank and wants you to first subscribe to their email list, etc. So, then I have to click away that nonsense before I can get to what I want to see on the site.

Does anyone ever actually fill out that form first? Drives me nuts.

Or, you click on something when doing a Google image search, and it turns out to be a Pinterest link, and when you scroll down to try and read it, this blackening cover keeps lifting up from the bottom so you can't scroll down - to force you to sign into your account before you can read the dang Pinterest post!

Giving me high blood pressure.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I spent the day at the beach today. However, this family of 8 invaded my space and their weird little rug rat kid kicked his shoe off and smacked me in my occipital lobe... right in the back of the noggin! He got sand all over me, too. Then his mother said, "Don't kick sand on the lady. If she wants to get sand on her, she can do it herself." Weeeeeeeeird.

If only I had an office job that would preclude my going to the beach on a Tuesday afternoon!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:34 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I hate this website trend where you go to a website address and the site goes basically blank and wants you to first subscribe to their email list, etc. So, then I have to click away that nonsense before I can get to what I want to see on the site.

Does anyone ever actually fill out that form first? Drives me nuts.

Or, you click on something when doing a Google image search, and it turns out to be a Pinterest link, and when you scroll down to try and read it, this blackening cover keeps lifting up from the bottom so you can't scroll down - to force you to sign into your account before you can read the dang Pinterest post!

Giving me high blood pressure.
I hate his too. I click off immediately. I refuse to be bullied into signing up for a website membership.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:08 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
My parents are really getting up there in age and their mobility is suffering (dad is 86, mom is going to turn 79 this year).

However, their enthusiasm for travel still exists. I received a call from mom where she offhandedly mentioned she and dad were planning to travel to Iowa (his birthplace) and then Chicago (her birthplace) in October. And, oh, by the way, would my wife and I like to travel with them? #beginguilttrip

I realize, at this stage in their lives, they are going to have a very difficult time traveling without our assistance and feel obligated, but also willing to offer our help. Maybe it's not the ideal place for us to vacation, but we love to travel as much as they do, so I'm sure we'll get something out of it.

So, after having turned 50...does anyone know when the motherly guilt trips end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology