Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 07:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My crazy brother doesn't have a checking account. So he wants my mom to WIRE HIM VIA WALMART some money for Christmas. This would entail a trip to the very bowels of hell in my opinion, and of course my mother is oblivious to this because she just expects me to do it. I've got news for her. She's the one who wants to send him money (and he doesn't have a checking account so she can't just send him a check). So I am going to make her go with me to send him Christmas money via the customer service line at WalMart during Christmas.

What is wrong with people?

I think I'm going to tell him that if we're going to go that archaic, maybe he needs to go pan for gold out in the creek out back.
You could always send a money order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You could always send a money order.
See, here is the thing. What I want to do is just stick a check in the mail. Easy. Write it, put it in a card, put it in my mailbox. I do not want to have to make a special trip to some place for a stupid money order, or a gift card, or whatever. Not for someone who doesn't appreciate it or even like me and who at age 45 still doesn't have a checking account.

No worries though - I finally was able to buy a gift card from WalMart and get them to send it to him. DONE.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:34 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Here is my first world problem: I spent two hours polishing my silver flatware this morning.

Now I have a backache.

I do have nicely polished silver flatware, however.

I wish, when I was a young thing, I had chosen a much less ornate silver pattern!

Old 12-19-2016, 02:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I have 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones. One at work. One I keep in my commuter bag for the bus.

So over the weekend I took in my "commuter" bluetooth headphones in for repair since the ear cups were coming off. This morning I had to use wired headphones and keep my phone in my pocket.

And now I am settling in at my desk, and the battery is dead on my work pair of headphones. So I have to be wired again. And I have to remember to take off the headphones if I go to the trashcan or the water cooler. Ugh.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:30 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
I'm only mailing a couple of Christmas cards, but I don't have any holiday stamps, so the recipients are
going to get ice cream cone and ice cream sundae stamps. lol

"A Festivus for the rest of us!"

Old 12-19-2016, 04:03 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm only mailing a couple of Christmas cards, but I don't have any holiday stamps, so the recipients are

Airing of grievances is my favorite part! "Stop crying and fight your father!"

Old 12-20-2016, 08:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

I feel your pain. I had to put lighthouses on my Christmas cards. And the only reason I had to do that is because apparently a few people didn't get the memo not to send out Christmas cards and so I felt pressured to reciprocate. Thankfully, I also felt pressured to support UNICEF by buying holiday cards when I was checking out at Pier 1 so I had a box on hand.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
This morning on my way to work I felt like going out for coffee and getting some breakfast so I decided to try a new place colleague mentioned. I knew it was a popup in another business but that business' website didn't mention it. I didn't remember the name. So I had scan Yelp to find the place and name.

I knew the street - a small alley - and I decided to cross over into the alley to get there. But I chose the wrong block, and there was no crosswalk so I had to jaywalk to get there.

I walk in and it was cash only. Luckily I had stopped at the ATM over the weekend.

The Yelp reviews mentioned a ham and cheese croissant, but I did not see any. So I looked in the pastry case and decided to settle for a plain croissant.

I told the worker that I wanted the plain croissant, and he told me he had bad news. He said croissant was fresh from the oven and really hot. So I had to carefully eat a flaky, buttery, warm croissant at my office. It was awful.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:21 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Airing of grievances is my favorite part! "Stop crying and fight your father!"
lol! Great episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I feel your pain. I had to put lighthouses on my Christmas cards. And the only reason I had to do that is because apparently a few people didn't get the memo not to send out Christmas cards and so I felt pressured to reciprocate. Thankfully, I also felt pressured to support UNICEF by buying holiday cards when I was checking out at Pier 1 so I had a box on hand.
I stopped sending them years ago, except for the ones I send to a couple of older relatives/friends that we don't get to see much. I've noticed, though, that we get less and less each year, especially after I stopped sending them. We used to get around maybe 30 or so. As of today, we've received four. lol

Old 12-21-2016, 09:48 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,617 times
We recently lost a family pet - a cat - that had been with us since our honeymoon more than 16 years ago. She was heartbroken, but knew fairly quickly she wanted another cat.

Well, as most kittens, this one is not especially bright.

The other day, I was going through my morning routine. Not to get too fine into the details, but what would cause a kitten to want to jump up on the back of the toilet I am using and stick his head in the middle? I doubt he was happy about the sudden onset of wetness, but I was even less happy in the resulting mess he made as a result.

He really p*ssed me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology