Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,860,866 times

Advertisements

I'd like to start racing again soon and I'm having trouble deciding which bike to buy. On the one hand, a Suzuki SV650 has less power thus forcing me to ride harder which in turn would make me a more skilled rider. But on the other hand, I love the Yamaha R6. I've had 3 of em' previously and they have such a smooth power delivery and a nice smile inducing top end rush....But the Suzuki would be cheaper.....But the Yamaha could be raced in more classes...But the Suzuki would be easier on tires....But I really like the extra power of the inline 4 cylinder Yamaha. Whatever, maybe I'll just stick to mountain biking and skiing for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 06:33 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,977,956 times
I don't want to recycle my mayonnaise jar because I'm too lazy to clean it out, but I feel too guilty to throw it in the trash, so it's been sitting on my counter all week. It's a real conundrum.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
Do you have a dishwasher? I put mine in there and then use it for change. That and pickle jars.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I'd like to start racing again soon and I'm having trouble deciding which bike to buy. On the one hand, a Suzuki SV650 has less power thus forcing me to ride harder which in turn would make me a more skilled rider. But on the other hand, I love the Yamaha R6. I've had 3 of em' previously and they have such a smooth power delivery and a nice smile inducing top end rush....But the Suzuki would be cheaper.....But the Yamaha could be raced in more classes...But the Suzuki would be easier on tires....But I really like the extra power of the inline 4 cylinder Yamaha. Whatever, maybe I'll just stick to mountain biking and skiing for now.
If this was a big hobby for us, most folks I know (myself included) would just buy both.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:52 AM

4,840 posts, read 3,604,216 times
I have a great Chico's dress on today with sort of a halter-ish neckline. I have to use a bra strap hider thingie to pull the straps together so they don't show, but it is so cold in my office I had to put on a jacket so no one would have seen the straps anyway.

Can't win.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:04 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
The repair guy didn't have all the right parts with him to fix my tub faucet yesterday so now I have to take a bath in the spare bathroom tub. I don't like that. I want to shower in my own bathroom!

Old 06-22-2017, 10:39 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
A city bus drove by with the words, "Are you hiding a pregnancy?" and I have no uterus. I can't even hide a pregnancy when I have nowhere to hide it! Maybe I could rent a uterus and then hide that pregnancy. I never knew I wanted to hide a pregnancy until I saw the words on the side of that bus.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:16 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,320,453 times
OK so I just managed to slap myself in the face with a wet mop. The stringy, industrial kind. Kind of mop, that is, not kind of face. My face is hardly stringy at all, and far from industrial. I'm having a tough time ending this comment, so any help would be appreciated. Oh wait, you can't see the comment until I submit it. This is sort of Schrodinger's comment, huh? See, someone should have stopped me. Even with the space/time challenge and all. Yikes.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
OK so I just managed to slap myself in the face with a wet mop. The stringy, industrial kind. Kind of mop, that is, not kind of face. My face is hardly stringy at all, and far from industrial. I'm having a tough time ending this comment, so any help would be appreciated. Oh wait, you can't see the comment until I submit it. This is sort of Schrodinger's comment, huh? See, someone should have stopped me. Even with the space/time challenge and all. Yikes.
I am so glad your face isn't stringy and industrial. It sounds like a comedy duo from the 1970s... and now, for the comedic stylings of Stringy and Industrial! And then Stringy and Industrial come running out onto the stage in an obviously comedic way, "Hey, hey, hey, everybooooody! I'm Stringyyyyy! And this here's Industrial!" Stringy shoots out a bunch of Silly String and Industrial gets fake mad and mops it up. The audience laughs. Everyone goes home drunk and happy.
If we could travel back in time, we'd have our work cut out for us, homina. We could BE Stringy and Industrial. You already have the mop!

Old 06-22-2017, 12:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,320,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I am so glad your face isn't stringy and industrial. It sounds like a comedy duo from the 1970s... and now, for the comedic stylings of Stringy and Industrial! And then Stringy and Industrial come running out onto the stage in an obviously comedic way, "Hey, hey, hey, everybooooody! I'm Stringyyyyy! And this here's Industrial!" Stringy shoots out a bunch of Silly String and Industrial gets fake mad and mops it up. The audience laughs. Everyone goes home drunk and happy.
If we could travel back in time, we'd have our work cut out for us, homina. We could BE Stringy and Industrial. You already have the mop!
If I go home drunk and happy, I'm in. This has real possibilities, almost none of them good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology