Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 07:25 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times

Advertisements

I had a plum last night for dessert. I hate those damn stickers they put on fruit, they never peel off easily and you have to gouge a hole in the fruit to get it off and then I get bits of fruit under my nail and have to get the nail scrubber so the bits of fruit don't start growing something under my nails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 PM

482 posts, read 394,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I had a plum last night for dessert. I hate those damn stickers they put on fruit, they never peel off easily and you have to gouge a hole in the fruit to get it off and then I get bits of fruit under my nail and have to get the nail scrubber so the bits of fruit don't start growing something under my nails.
Oh yeah, the fruit sticker. That fruit sticker. The one that makes me want to put on a hard hat and bullet proof vest and draw on my kung-fu training (as in, I used to watch kung-fu films) to get it taken off ...

One time I pulled out every trick in the book, but the sticker on this particular apple I was trying to munch on just resisted like it was in the terrible twos or something. I hacked and I hacked and I hacked away at it. No success. Finally my buddy, who was sitting next to me -- half-way through his apple and completely sick of witnessing my shameful spectacle, screamed at me to "just eat the d*mn sticker!"

Okay cool, whatever. I ate the sticker. But I didn't like it ...

Old 08-17-2017, 10:07 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

Had a hamster who did the same thing. What is up with that?
I have no freaking idea but it was quite shocking. I had a hard time going to sleep after seeing that. "Things you wish you could unsee but you can't."

Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
OK, today we had over 4 inches of rain in three hours. That's bad enough. To add insult to injury, this rain was NOT EVEN IN THE FORECAST. So - now, this is not MY first world problem but it is my new neighbors' - apparently they are not accustomed to owning a pool and they had their pool filled to the brim, so all that rain made their pool overflow and it nearly flooded their house!

So - yada yada yada - drought and heat and all that jazz - fuggetaboutit - the pool is overflowing!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2017, 09:19 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,689,279 times
I work late every Friday. Friday is garbage day. The garbage is never picked up by the time I leave at 11 am. Never. I don't even see the trucks when I drive away. Which I hate because that means the garbage cans sit at the road until I get home around 10:30 pm. Because I have time on Friday mornings, I wait until then to put the garbage out. I awoke at 8:10 am this morning to the sound of the garbage truck on my street. I missed it.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:54 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
A pre-teen kiddo just walked past my house singing, "I Will Always Loooooove Yoooooooou!" at the top of his lungs. He did not sound great. Can't a person even get a decent free concert around these parts anymore?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:32 PM

20,210 posts, read 14,434,494 times
I was in the restroom yesterday at work, washing up, and a coworker I am friends with was in there, and I told her about my observations about the poop standoffs and other awkwardness of public ladies' rooms, particularly this one at work. (See this post: http://www.city-data.com/forum/48837423-post2411.html ) and I had talked about how there is that one person trying to be quiet and just basically wishing everyone would leave so they could have the room to themselves, and she silently mouthed and gestured "There's someone in the last stall."

Sure enough the last stall at the end had a closed door and a silent occupant who was probably rolling her eyes and wishing horrible things upon us as we conversed at the sink.

We hurried out of the restroom and then burst into hysterical laughter, but I still felt like a complete jerk.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:39 AM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
Received an Ebay order the other day that I haven't had time to open yet.
Now I have a couple days to relax, but need to check it out, make sure it's legit then leave feedback.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:16 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
I went to an online art supply store last night to buy ONE frame for a painting. But there was a sale that ended last night- I JUST made it before the sale ended- and I ended up with paints, paintbrushes, two frames, a package of 100 canvases, and some types of media I've never even used before, but they were SO cheap that I HAD to purchase them and hope that I'll know how to use them.

And we went to dinner and I ordered this chicken broccoli thang that I usually looooove. But the chef left the broccoli out of the dish and I was all crabby about it. My husband asked me, "Do you want to say something about the missing broccoli?" And I said, "It's too late now. I would rather just pout about the broccoli being missing. I wanna stay mad!" And then I drew a broccoli head on my placemat and wrote, "Have you seen me?" (Mr. BroccoliHead had angry eye brows and sharp teeth. Very frightening.)

Old 08-19-2017, 01:08 PM

482 posts, read 394,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I went to an online art supply store last night to buy ONE frame for a painting. But there was a sale that ended last night- I JUST made it before the sale ended- and I ended up with paints, paintbrushes, two frames, a package of 100 canvases, and some types of media I've never even used before, but they were SO cheap that I HAD to purchase them and hope that I'll know how to use them.
This happens to me at Walmart all the time. My wife gives me a $20 bill and instructions to pick up one thing. Then I get there and I'm passing through aisles like, "Hey, I didn't know that item would be so cheap, let me pick it up." Then I pick up another thing and another. I'm pleased with myself, but I don't know how it's gonna go over at home.

So I burst through the door all excited, "Looka here Babe, I got the thing you told me to get, plus about 27 other things, but it's okay because the total cost was still less than the $20 you gave me ... kind of ...

Awkward silence. Then an explosion.

"If you were gonna re-furnish the whole house, you should have at least gotten the colors I wanted!!!"

And I'm like,

Now I have to wonder if she'll believe me when I say the 24-Hour Walmart is closed for the day, so I don't have to go back and exchange all this extra crap I bought for the right colors ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology