Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 02:05 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,694,412 times

Advertisements

Was expecting a box of food items from Zabar's Deli in NYC.

But what I received was a huge box of cat food.

Maybe Zabar's will arrive later today...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 02:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,148,476 times
I use my sewing machine so infrequently that I can never remember how to thread it. Now, the bobbin has emptied and I am stressed about having to consult the manual to find out (again) how to raise the bobbin thread. Just watched 7 videos on raising the bobbin, all for other Singer models, followed by a video on Judge Judy's best moments, a tame australian magpie, and an American couple trying Marmite in the UK. My day has not been fruitful.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:45 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,750,940 times
I received a lovely Christmas gift today... and have no idea who the sender is.
Also, my bananas are mushy and need to be made into banana bread, but I just finished washing dishes. Maybe if I put all the ingredients into a big Ziploc bag and just run them over with my car repeatedly... it's just so stupid, it might work.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:17 AM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,168,527 times
Went to the store to get something. Got home with several items except what I went for.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:04 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Spent $15k on office renovations. Let paint dry and waited on inserts for filing cabinets so I was very eager to finally get to put everything together yesterday after having chaos in our lives for three weeks. I unplugged everything (and we all know how much fun that is) and rerouted ALL THE TEN THOUSAND CORDS through the newly drilled holes in the credenza and desk. Rehooked up everything. (Had to climb under the console, after taking the printer out so I could reach the new outlets - this may have been the worst part.)

Plugged everything in - and the outlets don't work.

I called the contractor, who had just come earlier today to pick up the ALMOST final check (thank goodness we still owe him something because we're waiting on a special order door). He had already told me that the crews were getting off early Friday for Christmas and he was throwing them a BBQ. I believe everyone was drunk at that point. He told me "I will try to come by in the morning but it really depends on what my wife has planned for us this weekend. If I can't make it out in the morning, I will see you Wednesday morning." Yes, I know it's the weekend before Christmas and then Christmas Eve is Monday and Christmas is Tuesday. I am not a Grinch. But dang it.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:52 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
My house is almost 50 years old and doesn't have enough electrical outlets as it is and now the main one in my living room isn't working. It's the one with my alarm hub and the main lamp. Now I had to move the security thingee to the console table in the entryway and the lamp I have to use till the electrician comes shines on my TV when I'm trying to watch a show.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:16 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My house is almost 50 years old and doesn't have enough electrical outlets as it is and now the main one in my living room isn't working. It's the one with my alarm hub and the main lamp. Now I had to move the security thingee to the console table in the entryway and the lamp I have to use till the electrician comes shines on my TV when I'm trying to watch a show.
This sucks. And yes, even our 20 year old house doesn't have enough electrical outlets. We've been slowly adding them over the years as we've made other updates.

Hence the bevy of electrical outlets we added beneath our new built in desk and credenza and all that jazz. Which I found out last night don't work. GRRRRRRRRR.

What did people do prior to electricity? I don't know how the human race survived.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:40 AM

2,086 posts, read 1,402,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I received a lovely Christmas gift today... and have no idea who the sender is.
Also, my bananas are mushy and need to be made into banana bread, but I just finished washing dishes. Maybe if I put all the ingredients into a big Ziploc bag and just run them over with my car repeatedly... it's just so stupid, it might work.

Mash them and freeze them in a baggie. They'll be good when you get around to making banana bread again.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:19 AM

11,907 posts, read 8,227,609 times
I put my cooling first cup of coffee in the microwave this morning to rewarm it. I always put it handle facing me for easy retrieval.

I'm pretty offended when, after the beep, I open the door and the handle is facing the back and I have to go fishing for it. Not user friendly!

Old 12-22-2018, 10:56 AM

11,907 posts, read 8,227,609 times
Okay. It must be grumbling day. Here's another one perfect for this time of year.

Why do bachelors think they can just show up at potluck dinners and not have to bring anything?

Especially since they usually eat twice the amount of nearly anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology