Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 11:00 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times

Advertisements

At lunch yesterday I was compelled to sacrifice myself and have the chocolate cream pie and butterscotch cream pie, on the same plate and eat them together.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 11:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Yesterday at the cafeteria they were out of baked fish and I had to get baked fish ALMONDINE instead.

Also, they did not have actual balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing - instead they brought me a small bottle of olive oil and a small bottle of balsamic vinegar. I had to open two bottles instead of one. Actually, why would I have had to open ANY bottles? Why didn't they have balsamic vinaigrette already added to my salad???????

Life sure is tedious sometimes.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:13 AM

Oh, here's another recent event in my life:

My parents gave me $100 for my birthday - good, right?

Well, not exactly. They gave me a $100 bill - a brand new one. It didn't even look real, which is a whole other topic, but anyway - I was pretty worried about using this because so many places say they will only take bills up to a $20. Which would mean that I risk this potential hassle and embarrassment in every store until I can somehow manage to break this $100 bill.

The stress was almost unimaginable.

Thankfully, the first store I went into did in fact take this $100 bill and give me correct change, which meant that I had experienced all this stress FOR NOTHING. A waste of perfectly good stress.

I hate waste. It's somehow not green or something.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:48 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The conversation last night at Sunday dinner between 4 grown college grad males...Why would Batman ever want to take on Superman???...My daughter-in-law and I were like really???

But supposing Lex Luthor discovered a new form of Kryptonite that made Superman go wacko, and Batman was the only one who could stop him?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:15 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,001 times
Major trauma this evening! Hard time deciding which frozen dinner to cook in the microwave!

Old 01-25-2016, 09:50 PM

I had to put my loose tea into a muslin bag which I will have to wash. It's a long, tedious story as to why I have to do this. Actually, I don't HAVE to do it because I have about 47 boxes of all sorts of other teas, but I wanted this particular Earl Grey mix tonight. Life is so hard sometimes.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:09 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I had to put my loose tea into a muslin bag which I will have to wash. It's a long, tedious story as to why I have to do this. Actually, I don't HAVE to do it because I have about 47 boxes of all sorts of other teas, but I wanted this particular Earl Grey mix tonight. Life is so hard sometimes.

I'd tell you to get one of those tea ball thingies but you have to wash it when you're done.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'd tell you to get one of those tea ball thingies but you have to wash it when you're done.
I know, right?

And the leaves would stick in the mesh...been there, done that. So difficult.

This morning I had another problem - and honestly, this is almost third world. I had to eat the heel of a loaf of bread in order to have two pieces of toast. I actually felt pitiful - like the little Match Girl or someone like that, hunched over that piece of toast.

Then I had to clean out my refrigerator and throw away some moldy cheese. Thankfully I didn't have to eat that - things aren't yet that bad around here. Yet.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:27 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know, right?

And the leaves would stick in the mesh...been there, done that. So difficult.

This morning I had another problem - and honestly, this is almost third world. I had to eat the heel of a loaf of bread in order to have two pieces of toast. I actually felt pitiful - like the little Match Girl or someone like that, hunched over that piece of toast.

Then I had to clean out my refrigerator and throw away some moldy cheese. Thankfully I didn't have to eat that - things aren't yet that bad around here. Yet.

You realize that there are people in France who would kill for that moldy cheese?

You can get a tea ball without mesh that has little holes in the ball instead. But then you have to leave it in the water longer to brew.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:15 AM

524 posts, read 843,484 times
My feet are cold but I don't want to turn up the heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology