Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 04:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I keep a filtered water pitcher in the fridge, because no one likes the taste of the local water. I've had the pitcher for almost 4 years. I am the only one who ever refills it from the tap. DH never refills it, ever. Visiting assorted adult children never refill it, ever.

This morning I left early to get a blood test, leaving DH to make coffee himself. I found a nearly dry water pitcher when I came home. The filter in the pitcher isn't supposed to dry out.

I am waiting to mention it to him until I can force myself to not sound like a nag.

But water in a pitcher is a finite thing. It has to be replenished. Why is that so hard to grasp? (Rhetorical question.)
OMG, so the week before last, I dropped my filter pitcher. And those little mini plastic hinges and so on broke so I had to get a replacement pitcher. One of my favorite features was the lid, it was setup so the opening didn't require you to open it to fill it. The pressure of the water pushed it down, and when your reservoir was full, it then closed up.

So I bought a new pitcher, and they changed the design. Now I have to lift up the little flap. After 4+ years of that other design, I have muscle memory and I keep spilling water on my counter because I forget to lift the flap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 04:14 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Not mine, but another poster has a problem with non-handicapped people opening doors using the door button instead of manually opening the door:

Should non-handicapped use the doors?

Old 05-31-2016, 04:20 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not mine, but another poster has a problem with non-handicapped people opening doors using the door button instead of manually opening the door:

Should non-handicapped use the doors?
It's not that deep.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:12 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
OK today I too had to go shopping - and was overwhelmed by choices. Who knew there were so many styles of shorts? Because you see, gone are the days when I can look good in a pair of cutoffs - no, I have to actually shop for my shorts now - and some of 'em ain't so purty.

It really sucks to buy something that you know you just aren't going to look good in. But this is Texas - if I don't wear shorts, I may just fall out from the heat, and that would be even less attractive than me in shorts, if such a thing is even possible.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK today I too had to go shopping - and was overwhelmed by choices. Who knew there were so many styles of shorts? Because you see, gone are the days when I can look good in a pair of cutoffs - no, I have to actually shop for my shorts now - and some of 'em ain't so purty.

It really sucks to buy something that you know you just aren't going to look good in. But this is Texas - if I don't wear shorts, I may just fall out from the heat, and that would be even less attractive than me in shorts, if such a thing is even possible.

Dresses!

Although I bought my first pair of shorts over the weekend! I plan to wear them this weekend. It won't be that warm, but I am still going for it on a night out.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:47 AM

266 posts, read 281,479 times
My wife flat out told me "If you want your sheets ironed, find the ironing board and the iron".

Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
They think it refills by magic. Isn't that how glasses get washed and how the toilet paper and paper towel rolls get changed too? How the junk mail gets thrown away, how the bathrooms get cleaned, how the Brita pitcher gets refilled, and how the filter in the pitcher gets replaced, etc. It's all done by magic elves.
An example of magical thinking?

It sounds as if you've experienced this sort of thing too.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:38 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
An example of magical thinking?

It sounds as if you've experienced this sort of thing too.
Reason #51 why I'm no longer living with someone. He just believed these things got fixed/changed/cleaned all by themselves.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
It really bugs me that I have to walk around to the passenger side of a Benz to fuel up. Wasted steps.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:31 AM

My hotel has bikes you can borrow so I decided to pedal over to my lunch date! Bad news: they have the worst lock known to man. It is like the $10 lock from Walmart. Hope nobody tries to steal it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology