U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:01 PM

1,282 posts, read 934,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Essentially the five traits are:
  • introversion/extroversion
  • agreeableness
  • openness
  • conscientiousness
  • neuroticism
I am extremely introverted when I'm not forced to be extraverted by my job (CS and collections, a recent experience, and OMG I did great!), and I'm very extraverted online even under my personal name and with friends.
I can be very agreeable when I know people are worth it. And edgy, cruel, acid with whose who aren't and dare to bug me nevertheless.
I'm open most of the time because there is a very small number of people who can harm me to the extent where it will bother me. Opinions of majority of people have null value to me because their opinions are based on still very limited information.
Conscientiousness kicks in when the work is interesting and well-paid. Otherwise, you got for what you pay.
Neuroticism is an inherit feature of all living people. I score high, that just makes me more living than some others with spotless minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 10:12 PM

1,299 posts, read 630,967 times
High openness to experience, high neuroticism, low extraversion, those are the standouts. Conscientiousness and agreeableness tend to be more in the middle.

Basically I'm a tortured artist/awkward nerd at heart.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM

2,324 posts, read 1,330,208 times
I prefer being alone...hate crowds...don't like other people
however when I AM around others I am extroverted...my friends coworkers family would laugh if I said I was introverted...

I am aggreable somewhat...more so to things that are unlikely to happen...brownie points

I am too open as far as sharing info with others...been working on curtailing that

I am somewhat conscientious and somewhat neurotic

Old 05-22-2019, 05:13 PM

1,102 posts, read 777,917 times
I got 80% or higher on everything except around 70% toward extroverted.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:30 PM

23,509 posts, read 33,223,188 times
Open-Mindedness
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 48)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 61)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 16)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 25)

Negative Emotionality
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 78)

Old 05-23-2019, 08:29 AM

6,302 posts, read 1,236,973 times
About what I expected, except that I did score higher on Negative Emotionality than what I expected (very high in stead of just high) and not as high on Agreeableness (middle rather than high or very high). Also high on Conscientiousness and Introversion, which is what I expected (but even more introverted than I would have thought). I did score exactly what I would have thought re: Open-Mindedness, though.

Percentiles:
Open-Mindedness: 73
Conscientiousness: 68
Extraversion: 9
Agreeableness: 51
Negative Emotionality: 85

Last edited by katharsis; 05-23-2019 at 08:39 AM..

Old 05-23-2019, 08:36 AM

6,302 posts, read 1,236,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am very open, very conscientious, extroverted, exactly neutral between agreeable and disagreeable, and very calm and relaxed. This is pretty accurate.
Wow, that surprises me about you, Kathryn -- and good for you! With your many troubles and what I would call dramas in your life, judging by your posts, I would think you would be a "nervous wreck" most of the time! I wish I could learn your secret!!!

Old 05-23-2019, 08:51 AM

14,454 posts, read 8,328,103 times
Low on all areas. I took this test 20 years ago and the only thing that changed was the C score (I'm lazier now) and the N score (I'm happier now), probably because I'm lazier.

N-22%
E-7%
O-1%
A-0%
C-3%

I majored in Psychology in college and graduate school and the actual NEO-PIR is much more detailed and accurate of course. When I took it 20 years ago, my results were less extreme, and I suspect anyone's results would be less extreme if they took the full battery as well.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:14 AM

383 posts, read 111,100 times
Your Results

Closed-Minded Open to New Experiences-- exactly in the middle
Disorganized Conscientious --- way way toward concientious, almost on top of the word
Introverted Extraverted ---- exactly in the middle, possibly ever so slightly toward extrovert
Disagreeable Agreeable--- middle, slightly more toward disagreeable
Calm / Relaxed Nervous / High-Strung--- 3/4 toward high strung

Old 05-23-2019, 10:40 AM

8,121 posts, read 6,028,862 times
Extraverted and agreeable. I disagreed on its evaluation of my open-mindedness though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or