Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:33 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post

Again, you don't know the first thing about that guy, what's he's done, or what he's been through. I actually have talked to people in jail. tons of them. People who have killed accidentally and lost 30 years of life. They're contrite, rehabilitated, and do everything they can to make sure that young inmates that might only be doing a couple of years don't make the same mistakes they do.

Maybe that guy is a POS, maybe he's not. We don't know him either- maybe he's just as terrible as you remember him. All we have to go on here are your words and actions- and from this end he's not coming out looking like the bad guy, you are.
Again, I should have said what I turned up on him in the OP for context:

Armed robbery (as an adult) Domestic violence (beat his girlfriend as an adult) and assault (beat his girlfriend's fourteen year old son when she got between him and her) and bunched a woman at a bar. Also he was found not-guilty of murder (he may have been innocent) and is a convicted drug-dealer, but that doesn't bother me at all because I'm against the war on drugs anyway.

He is scum. Born, messed up scum. He got what he deserved. I only hope those ISIS fans I sicked on him make a video with him giving head in the worst possible way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 01:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

Armed robbery (as an adult) Domestic violence (beat his girlfriend as an adult) and assault (beat his girlfriend's fourteen year old son when she got between him and her) and bunched a woman at a bar. Also he was found not-guilty of murder (he may have been innocent) and is a convicted drug-dealer, but that doesn't bother me at all because I'm against the war on drugs anyway.

He is scum. Born, messed up scum. He got what he deserved. I only hope those ISIS fans I sicked on him make a video with him giving head in the worst possible way.
You are the same as him. You both came from the same abusive backgrounds. You both punish people whom you think deserve to be punished.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I don't see the point of revenge if he doesn't know it was you. That would give me no satisfaction because he didn't learn anything from it and doesn't see it as a lesson.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:45 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,070 times
Quote:
What, make life hard for a violent career criminal who victimized me and a bunch of other people, including the fourteen year old son of his ex-girlfriend he beat the living daylights out of when he tried to stop this guy from beating his mom? (criminal records and court details are very easy to find if you know where to look)

Maybe I should have been more detailed in the OP, but this guy has not changed since then...HE'S GOTTEN WORSE! Somebody has punish trash like that.

If we were in the DC Universe you would probably be mad at Bruce Wayne for dressing up like a Bat and being "just as bad as the Joker"
So you've appointed yourself the "Punisher"? Hey it seems like you want to live in a comic book universe.
Just remember when you're pointing that avenging finger at someone else you have 3 pointing back at you.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:26 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. This was a special case of a truly, TRULY awful person. Lots of people have been mean but NONE to that level..
And now, you too are a truly,TRULY awful person

Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:

I'm not going to express (or even form) an opinion one way or the other on what you did, because it's none of my business. Doesn't concern me in any way. All I'm going to say is that for your sake, I hope to god this guy isn't a poster on City Data (or doesn't have a good friend who posts or lurks here.) In this thread you basically told him exactly who it was who did this to him, and he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who's just gonna have a good laugh over it and let bygones be bygones.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
All I have to say to OP is that the revenge he took changed him for the worse. So now every time someone gets on your bad side, you are going to plot revenge?

And you used others to execute your revenge, involving them in a scheme that deprives them of profit? For what? Your sense of perverted justice?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Which area? I never said where exactly the fellow who abused me lived (he left the area this happened years ago) and where in the PNW do I live? It is a big area, you know.

Vague hints are nothing. You need IPs, and even then it is a hassle to track down an IP, and it can be spoofed easily, especially with the help of my little friend: https://www.torproject.org/

Trust me: I know what I'm doing.
I doubt it. Those that know what they are doing don't normally let others know what they did.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
If therapy is so great, why do people talk about it here?

I'm simply saying something that provides closure. And yes, revenge provides closure. Just ask that chubby kid who got made fun of and shows up as a bodybuilder at his High school reunion. I guess he should have stayed chubby and not have smiled at the now overweight ex-football player who works at a gas station.
That's not revenge, that is making good choices. No one made the chubby kid chubby other than the chubby kid. No one at the high school did anything to make a fat kid fat.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You are the same as him. You both came from the same abusive backgrounds. You both punish people whom you think deserve to be punished.
This. How are the two really any different?

VP, what WOULD have separated you from this guy would have been that he'd crumbled under his background and done bad things. I don't see the separation now. Except that he's gotten caught and you haven't, yet.

He's leading a miserable life in and out of jail, that isn't enough justice for you?

Last edited by JerZ; 05-10-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology