Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 04:14 PM

603 posts, read 846,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
What areas are interfering with your day to day life? Maybe start with that.
Every single part of BPD. They don't come and go for me. They're just always there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 05:45 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirefall View Post
Every single part of BPD. They don't come and go for me. They're just always there.
I see. Has any treatment, activity or medication or combination of those lessened the impact on your daily life?

Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I see. Has any treatment, activity or medication or combination of those lessened the impact on your daily life?
No.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
No.
I see. What would you like to be able to do?

Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
So the only profession you would work successfully with is one who works for totally free? You know what that sounds like, right?
While the OP may have overreached there, they have a point. It's the financial disparity that makes 'sincerity' sometimes difficult. The fact that in this country you can pay a $100/$200 to talk to a 'caring' professional can seem at odds with that same caring. Capitalism is fine, but in the caring professions there can sometimes appear to be a disconnect. That's the nature of the beast.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:35 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
While the OP may have overreached there, they have a point. It's the financial disparity that makes 'sincerity' sometimes difficult. The fact that in this country you can pay a $100/$200 to talk to a 'caring' professional can seem at odds with that same caring. Capitalism is fine, but in the caring professions there can sometimes appear to be a disconnect. That's the nature of the beast.
It's hard on the provider side as well, especially if they don't take insurance. I want to help my clients, but I also need to make a living.

If you're having financial difficulties while looking for a therapist, you can call and ask if they offer a sliding fee.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I see. What would you like to be able to do?
Live a normal life. Not wish I was somewhere else whenever a large group of people are around me or when someone is speaking with me 1-1. Not feel tired 24/7. Figure out what I want to do with my life. Stop with the obsessive thoughts. I could go on and on.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
Does anyone have experience with this?
I can't tell if you suffer from BPD or if you are coping with someone with this mental disorder. I have had very slight experience with someone who I learned later had this. I had the misfortune to supervise this person for awhile. This person did not do the job as trained. This person glommed onto another coworker and made fast friends, until they had a fall out of some kind. Damage was done to an expensive item in the possession of the friend, and was not discovered until later. I suppose the damage was done in revenge.

This person then left town, leaving spouse and children.

This person was overtly pleasant, but not trustworthy on the job. Would not do the job, as trained, and the job expectations were reasonable. Somehow, though the grapevine, I heard of the diagnosis, as it became apparent that this person was not working out.

I had the impression of a screw being loose, so to speak. Stuff this person said, and stuff this person did didn't add up to being normal. Job ended when this person left town.

This happened years ago, and my memory isn't clear on some things. But I had the feeling that this person was mean, undependable, vengeful. I would not want this person in my life.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:11 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
It's hard on the provider side as well, especially if they don't take insurance. I want to help my clients, but I also need to make a living.

If you're having financial difficulties while looking for a therapist, you can call and ask if they offer a sliding fee.
You're right, it's the system, and I've noted there are many who do offer sliding scale.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Live a normal life. Not wish I was somewhere else whenever a large group of people are around me or when someone is speaking with me 1-1. Not feel tired 24/7. Figure out what I want to do with my life. Stop with the obsessive thoughts. I could go on and on.
It sounds like you get anxious in situations with other people. That can lead to fatigue.

Are you working now or on disability?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology